Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 minute ago, CollinsLCFC said:

How does Graeme Souness continue to be a TV pundit. He never seems to be happy or positive about anything, just miserable.

Bet he's a joy to be around at Christmas.

His comment about Zaha being able to play for Real Madrid is completely ludicrous. The difference is quality is one thing, but the difference in pressure and expectation is huge as well 

4 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

That's seems a bit harsh. I don't think he was being serious, he was actually doing the opposite and pointing out black people don't all look the same surely? 

The way he put it was rather vague and indirect. Only certain thing was suggesting was that I was being racist by saying two people looked alike in a way to me.

Apologies if it did come across as that way to anyone who's honestly offende, there was no implication or intent from me to do tha

Just now, Jaspa said:

The way he put it was rather vague and indirect. Only certain thing was suggesting was that I was being racist by saying two people looked alike in a way to me.

Apologies if it did come across as that way to anyone who's honestly offende, there was no implication or intent from me to do tha

Jeez, this has descended quickly. I don't think there was anything racist in either of the comments to be honest. You thought a player looked like Heskey, a few of us didn't, That's all there was to it. Certainly no suggestion of anything else on your part at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

His comment about Zaha being able to play for Real Madrid is completely ludicrous. The difference is quality is one thing, but the difference in pressure and expectation is huge as well 

I find Souness a tough one. He really has dominated midfields at the highest level and it's sometimes interesting to hear when he talks about the 'heat of battle' in the middle and gives his views on that. He couples that with some strange assertions on other parts of the game though.

Just now, Max Wall said:

Jeez, this has descended quickly. I don't think there was anything racist in either of the comments to be honest. You thought a player looked like Heskey, a few of us didn't, That's all there was to it. Certainly no suggestion of anything else on your part at all.

Yeah, let's move on please. I didn't like his comment and had to adress it, hopefully thats all.

Gonna watch Fulham anyway. They have to start picking up points if they're gonna stay up

Just now, Jaspa said:

Yeah, let's move on please. I didn't like his comment and had to adress it, hopefully thats all.

Gonna watch Fulham anyway. They have to start picking up points if they're gonna stay up

Great start that's for sure 1-0

5 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I find Souness a tough one. He really has dominated midfields at the highest level and it's sometimes interesting to hear when he talks about the 'heat of battle' in the middle and gives his views on that. He couples that with some strange assertions on other parts of the game though.

Agreed, sometimes the guy comes out with some great comments and really insightful bits of info. But other times, I'm sat there scratching my head on why the hell he's said some bits. The Zaha thing being one of them 

2 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

So many empty seats? Is this the norm for Watford?

Was mainly the family stand - they will all be back for Spurs and Man U games .

Seems like we are getting a bit of luck so far - probably change once we play the bigger sides .

Great start though - usual .

I know Dyche is a pain in the arse and does seem to have a strange obsession with us but you have to admire the jobs him and everyone else has done at Burnley. 20 years ago they were in the third tier. Their recent story isn't really that different to ours, (without the spectacular title win of course). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I know Dyche is a pain in the arse and does seem to have a strange obsession with us but you have to admire the jobs him and everyone else has done at Burnley. 20 years ago they were in the third tier. Their recent story isn't really that different to ours, (without the spectacular title win of course). 

He has a solid proof of work with Burnley now, they were relegated and they stood by him, came straight back up and have grown from that.

Thing with Dyche is though I don't think there are many other places it work out for him, he needs time to build squads to his idea with a solid ethos & belief in what he's doing. I can't see him going to say Newcastle and having it click without struggling and coming seriously close to the sack

40 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

How does Graeme Souness continue to be a TV pundit. He never seems to be happy or positive about anything, just miserable.

Bet he's a joy to be around at Christmas.

He should join foxes talk. He’d be right at home. 

• Like 1