Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

8 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

If Huddersfield and Cardiff aren't the bottom two I'll be amazed. 

It certainly looks to be a long season for them. West Ham may rival them, and Southampton too. Burnley should be alright after being dumped out of Europe. 

8 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Christ, West Ham look terrible at the back. How did they leave 2 (3?) Arsenal players unmarked in their box for Welbeck's goal?

Anderson looks a player though. Combining nicely with Arnautovic.

I thought that too but it was last minute at 2-1 down they were probably pushing for a goal and got countered.

Think W'ham will sort themselves out, maybe not for a few more weeks or so. I think Hudders are nailed on to go down, they haven't signed anyone decent enough since their first transfer window a year ago, Cardiff aren't getting goals and are basically still a Championship team and then it's Southampton & Burnley looking most likely at the moment, maybe plop Fulham into that mix if they don't start picking up wins and Brighton if Man U was just a one off performance.

Impressed by Bournemouth and we always find it hard against them

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

So looks like PSG are in for Eriksen - how do people think it will effect spurs if he leaves? 

He's their fulcrum, Lamella isn't as good at pulling teams apart & delivery ect. would be a huge loss without replacement

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

So looks like PSG are in for Eriksen - how do people think it will effect spurs if he leaves? 

Bringing no one in and losing Eriksen would be a huge blow for Spurs. In the media fawning over Kane and Alli, it's often missed just how important Eriksen is to them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Gave Everton the commentators curse there by saying "are Everton set to continue their good start"

Most Bournemouth games seem to have either a red card or penalty! 

Mainly because Bournemouth are terrible in gamesmanship. Time wasting, diving, slowing the game down by holding onto the ball or kicking it away. 

27 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Given all the shenanigans over the stadium I rather doubt levy would consider upsetting the fanbse further by selling one of their best players with no means of replacing him. Just some last minute window click bait for the media. 

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Given all the shenanigans over the stadium I rather doubt levy would consider upsetting the fanbse further by selling one of their best players with no means of replacing him. Just some last minute window click bait for the media. 

Levy is a bit of a tight wad though, I can imagine him sweating trying to turn down £100m. 

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don't think he would care. £100m off the stadium would mean more to him than what the fans think. 

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Agreed. Out of the three I genuinely think Eriksen is the best player.

Some will disagree, but if he was English, he'd be the first name on our team sheet, I don't know Eriksen's personal history but he always comes across as an completely down to Earth character too. Difficult to see how any fan of any team wouldn't want him in their squad. I'm inclined to agree with the poster above that it is media fishing more than anything though but you never know.

• Like 1

Was it Eriksen who was on football focus the start of  last season saying they needed to start winning things?

Can see Spurs struggling to keep that squad together for much longer if they continue to polish old silver.

Michael Keane's suffered a fractured skull - https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/everton-fc-latest-news-michael-keane-injury-update-how-long-fractured-skull-a8508596.html

Poor lad was out cold on contact, hit the ground like a sack of spuds and is probably now out for the season. Omens arent good either, Ryan Mason had to retire after fracturing his skull at 26. Really hope he makes it back

edit: just read it now, small hairline fracture, 2-3weeks. Scary one though

Edited by Jaspa
dint read the article

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

Michael Keane's suffered a fractured skull - https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/everton-fc-latest-news-michael-keane-injury-update-how-long-fractured-skull-a8508596.html

Poor lad was out cold on contact, hit the ground like a sack of spuds and is probably now out for the season. Omens arent good either, Ryan Mason had to retire after fracturing his skull at 26. Really hope he makes it back

Says in the article that he is unable to engage in head contact for 3-4 weeks then will resume full training, probably be back towards the end of October

Just now, moore_94 said:

Says in the article that he is unable to engage in head contact for 3-4 weeks then will resume full training, probably be back towards the end of October

Acknowledged pal, jumped to concussions, sorry . . . conclusions