Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Or they could both grow up and speak face to face and stop dragging this crap over social “look at me” media ***

*** please note that irony contained within this post is copyright

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Only if you disagree with him and you're overly sensitive. 

He's got every right to an opinion and he doesn't drag it in to his broadcasting. It's just a few tweets. 

It’s a pity he doesn’t extend that courtesy to the likes of Beardsley and Shilton  with whom he disagreed in a twitter spat  , urging them to confine their comments to football matters 

Made this point in the unpopular opinions thread. He does have a right to his opinion, and the absolute right to air those opinions. But it still doesn’t stop him being a nob. I’m sure people think the same about me, or numerous other people on this forum and the wider world. 

Great legend of the club, great professional and fantastic that he put his money in to help us in our time of need, but I wouldn’t like to go for a pint with him (I don’t think for one second he’d like to go for one with me either!) 

35 minutes ago, surrifox said:

It’s a pity he doesn’t extend that courtesy to the likes of Beardsley and Shilton  with whom he disagreed in a twitter spat  , urging them to confine their comments to football matters 

Yeah that's poor. I'm not suggesting I think he's a Saint and I don't personally like anyone gobbing off on twitter. I just ain't like the attitude that he should shut up almost uniquely from people who disagree with him. 

I don't like that muppet woman from the apprentice always spewing her hate on twitter but I don't think she should pipe down and stick to opinions on business or reality TV only. She's entitled to whatever opinion she wants. 

It's the people that react to it that should know better. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-guernsey-46954922

Missing plane: Cardiff FC concern for Emiliano Sala

There is "genuine concern" Premier League footballer Emiliano Sala was on a flight missing off Alderney.

The Piper Malibu with two people on board disappeared from radar near the Casquets lighthouse at about 20:30 GMT on Monday, Guernsey Police said.

The plane was travelling from Nantes in France to Cardiff.

A coastguard rescue helicopter and crews from Alderney and Guernsey RNLI joined the search in the area around the lighthouse.

HM Coastguard said the disappearance was not in the UK search and rescue area, but it had sent two helicopters to help.

A spokeswoman said they were assisting Guernsey Coastguard with a search for a light aircraft off Alderney: "HM Coastguard helicopters from Solent and Newquay have been helping to search overnight with nothing found."

The search and rescue operation had to deal with worsening conditions as they scoured the area on Monday night.

The Met Office said at the time the aircraft went missing "there were some showers around, but nothing too intense".

"Wind speeds were not too bad - average speeds were around 15 to 20mph," it added.

As the search continued into the evening though, it became wetter and windier.

A lighthouse was first built on the Casquets rocks, infamous among mariners as the site of many shipwrecks, 13km north-west of Alderney in 1724.

HM Coastguard said the helicopter from Newquay has now returned to base to refuel and rest the crew.

I woke up at 6am, sky news saying plane had gone down flying from Nantes to Cardiff, straight away thought “didn’t Cardiff sign a player from Nantes the other day”

went onto their message boards, and posters were concerned then. As the hours go by this looks  devasting news.

hope and praying it’s not ☹️

3 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

I woke up at 6am, sky news saying plane had gone down flying from Nantes to Cardiff, straight away thought “didn’t Cardiff sign a player from Nantes the other day”

went onto their message boards, and posters were concerned then. As the hours go by this looks  devasting news.

hope and praying it’s not ☹️

They are saying in France that Police sources have confirmed to the AFP that he was aboard.

Absolutely gutted for the club. Their record signing but also for friends and family of both. 

My dad has made that journey a few times and while it's a fairly short trip over the water, you wouldn't want to go down in them.

Sadly, as each hour goes by there's less chance of a good outcome. News saying they haven't seen a beacon or flare either.

35 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Hearing that there were only 2 people on board? Surely that's not right?? 

For light aircraft for private flights its reasonable. Unfortunately light aircrafts tend to have the worst survival rate for planes when they crash 

2 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Seems very strange to transport a footballer in a one engine propeller plane with only the pilot as company. The owner's have private jets. Either way this is devastating for the club if true.

Think from what I've read it was his own plane so it would make sense he was taking it with him.