Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

16 minutes ago, Albert said:

Immature - he’s 22

Opinion of himself 10x his accomplishments - Based on what? Do u know him?

Disappointing end product - The same statements are made about most flair players but again he’s 22 so this is inevitable but will improve with age. 

Anti-gravity - Welcome to modern day football. Mahrez does it, Vardy does it, all flair players that get targeted by the opposition do it.

Why should we lay out 8 figures - He’s a 22yr Old highly talented English youngster & we’re a Premierleague team. What do u expect? Any player we sign will be 8 figures. 

Grays ahead of him - They play in different positions and are completely different types of player.

Out of interest how many games have u actually watched of Grealish to form such opinions? 

Good post

5 hours ago, Albert said:

Immature - he’s 22

Opinion of himself 10x his accomplishments - Based on what? Do u know him?

Disappointing end product - The same statements are made about most flair players but again he’s 22 so this is inevitable but will improve with age. 

Anti-gravity - Welcome to modern day football. Mahrez does it, Vardy does it, all flair players that get targeted by the opposition do it.

Why should we lay out 8 figures - He’s a 22yr Old highly talented English youngster & we’re a Premierleague team. What do u expect? Any player we sign will be 8 figures. 

Grays ahead of him - They play in different positions and are completely different types of player.

Out of interest how many games have u actually watched of Grealish to form such opinions? 

On the anti gravity section, you liken him to Mahrez and Vardy but that is an unfair comparison. Vardy and Mahrez spend most of their time on their feet to try and score. Grealish tried to engineer any contact to dive pretty much every time he got the ball yesterday. He seemed more interested in winning free kicks. Perhaps Bruce told him to but for me it disrupted Villa more than Fulham. The one time he actually did stay on his feet he nearly scored. He’s got great technique but someone needs to take him aside and tell him to cut it out. 

35 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

On the anti gravity section, you liken him to Mahrez and Vardy but that is an unfair comparison. Vardy and Mahrez spend most of their time on their feet to try and score. Grealish tried to engineer any contact to dive pretty much every time he got the ball yesterday. He seemed more interested in winning free kicks. Perhaps Bruce told him to but for me it disrupted Villa more than Fulham. The one time he actually did stay on his feet he nearly scored. He’s got great technique but someone needs to take him aside and tell him to cut it out. 

you posted this yesterday and I felt you exaggerated it. I havent watched much of him so can’t comment if this is usual behaviour but Riyad goes down in the midfield whenever he feels there is nothing to be gained by staying on his feet. Imo, I didn’t see a particular dive or failing to stay on his feet when doing so would benefit the team.  Whether he is good enough to do it in the prem I wouldn’t know but if we laid out £25m for him then I wouldn’t see it a particularly poor investment. 

I would take Grealish. Yes he still has flaws in his game and isn't at peak maturity, but the lad certainly has ability and can make defenders look daft sometimes in the way that Riyad does. I also like the fact he has a fiery element to his game. He just needs to obviously learn to channel this in the right way. We are screaming out for a number 10 and based on all of the games I have seen him play in, I would be happy for us to take a gamble.

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why on earth would we want to sign Jack Grealish?

lol

I must admit I haven’t watched him recently but he always appeared to be massively overrated when I’ve seen him in the past 

maybe he has matured into a better player?

7 hours ago, Albert said:

A 22yrs old that’s made 90 appearances for Villa, already played 1 full season in the Prem & has U21 England international caps is hardly shit & to judge him as being a nob from a 30sec interview is quite embarrassing. Dread to think what you thought of Vardy when he first did interviews with us!

Reading some of the other posts on here also it seems people are judging the lad because of a few publicised drunken mistakes he made since coming onto the scene. Give the lad a break! Yes he made mistakes but that’s inevitable when you’re 18yrs old on 10k a week!

He’s a massive English talent with enormous potential which I think would be a fantastic signing & add to the young talent we already have

Fair enough 

People actually want grelish but wouldn't take roberts.

Crazy absolute madness.

I'm not saying grelish is a bad player far from it but everytime I've seen him play it's about him and not his team.

We have gray for that and gray is a much better player.

I'd prefer we went for a established CAM.

Look at this way.

Grealish 45 mill

Roberts 15 mill

Mahrez 60 Mill

Edited by adamlcfcbevo85

17 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

People actually want grelish but wouldn't take roberts.

Crazy absolute madness.

I'm not saying grelish is a bad player far from it but everytime I've seen him play it's about him and not his team.

We have gray for that and gray is a much better player.

I'd prefer we went for a established CAM.

Look at this way.

Grealish 45 mill

Roberts 15 mill

Mahrez 60 Mill

I'd think we could get grealish for a fraction of that. 

He was the stand out player for me yesterday. Really creative and influential. 

As as for the attitude problem- Vardy was tagged as a youngster and he’s had some shocking haircuts. We shouldn’t rule him out that alone.

Can’t compare him to Roberts because I’ve not seen him but why both and Gray as well?

27 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

He was the stand out player for me yesterday. Really creative and influential. 

As as for the attitude problem- Vardy was tagged as a youngster and he’s had some shocking haircuts. We shouldn’t rule him out that alone.

Can’t compare him to Roberts because I’ve not seen him but why both and Gray as well?

No sorry but anyone sporting that nightmare of a barnet stands accused of poor judgement and lack of empathy for fellow human beings.

31 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Already stated he will not leave for for a penny less than that.

Villa do not need to sell 

Ridiculous post. Villa do need to sell and the world and his dog know any Bruce valuations of £45m for a young player who has performed well but not spectacularly in the Championship is nothing more than posturing.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/25/aston-villa-facing-financial-disaster-fail-make-premier-league/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I wouldn't be averse to getting him but we seem to be buying the same player for our three players behind Vardy, they're all young and talented but are mostly developing rather than the finished article. We have Gray, Iheanacho, Diabate and Barnes here already and linked with Grealish, Maddison and Roberts. 

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I must admit I haven’t watched him recently but he always appeared to be massively overrated when I’ve seen him in the past 

maybe he has matured into a better player?

.... no he hasn't!! 

Surprised to see him still on the pitch, the yellow card should have been a straight red. 

All his team mates came to defend him but overlooking his reckless actions in the long run does him no favours.