Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

I thought this was an awesome interesting post from the Villa forum:

I love Jack. Hope so much he stays. And is part of a championship winning team next season. He is class  

But...

Where is he best played? 

I’d day CM and think his tackling and defensive game has come on a lot. 

But can he do that in a 4-4-2? I’d suggest not. He has to be with two around him. 

So that means one up top again. Which I’m a bit over unless our wingers can support the main forward more as another 45 like Wembley again may not be acceptable for most and rightly so. 

He is wasted on the wing and too light weight for a true number 10. Is 4-1-4-1 the only option with Jack?

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

we're the only club in for him at the moment. 

I'm not convinced by him as I don't like his dirty streak and aggressive side but perhaps this side needs someone like that? Vardy is the only I can think of who roughs teams up a little and doesn't give 2 shits what happens on the pitch. Everything is just full commitment. 

Don't know if a bid has been made but can't see Grealish staying (or wanting to stay) with Villa. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up here though by th end of this summer window. 

His Agent is talking to a number of clubs as you would expect because the only thing they are interested in is money

Just watched a load of videos. Seems that the kid can really pick a pass well. But he also slows it down a hell of a lot. Not convinced for the money.

10 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Spoke to a Villa fan Saturday night and he says Grealish turns up about 1 game in 4 so that would make him a comparable Mahrez replacement ?

Can Grealish play on the wing, too? :D

Guest Markyblue

He's a knob but has something special that for 15 to 20 million would be a very good deal

20 something lad from working class background has a dodgy mop and has had some growing up to do.

Get off your high horses people, hardly a shock and there is clearly a talent there. I think Grealish could do very well in a midfield three for us.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, toddybad said:

Just watched a load of videos. Seems that the kid can really pick a pass well. But he also slows it down a hell of a lot. Not convinced for the money.

We've already got Vincente for that :-)

9 hours ago, toddybad said:

Really good point. You could imagine Vardy making a lung busting run, only for Grealish to slow it down time and time again. We need a quick number 10. Someone nippy, nimble and who can turn defence into attack quickly.

Shame David Silva isn’t available....

Edited by Col city fan

What position would we play him in?

Villa forum reckon he’s too lightweight for a number 10 and wasted on the wing though can only play in the middle with two others around him say in a 4-1-4-1 which means having a lone striker....

24 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Villa forum reckon he’s too lightweight for a number 10 and wasted on the wing though can only play in the middle with two others around him say in a 4-1-4-1 which means having a lone striker....

Tbf, I don’t think he’s lightweight. He does need to improve his ability to ride a tackle though. In the playoffs, he was clearly a marked man.

31 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

In fairness he's put some beef on in the last year or so, but I suspect that'll now slow him down, but allow him a bit more strength on the ball. However, the lad has significant issues despite his off field improvements. He still thinks he is better than he is. Some might say that goes hand-in-hand with young immature talent.

For me, he is chasing the dollar pure and simple, and that's his motivation. I've been watching him from a far before and ever since he turned down a senior Ireland place offered by MON. He turned it down so he could play for England. Now he either thinks he's that good he'll walk it into the senior England side, or he thinks his personal wealth will be improved by attaining potential England caps under his belt (this is likely true at some point). However, he could have been centre stage for Ireland and played regularly due to a HUGE absence of quality and youth in Ireland's side. I'm not bitter btw. it was a proper dick move, and Irish fans won't be forgiving him.

So if we spend considerable dollar on him (I guarantee he'll want fat wages) he'll hold no loyalty to us. He's been talking the big talk at Villa about he's 'through and through', but will dump them now they are stopping down without a second thought. I don't trust that he's grown up enough, and he's still petulant and a potential liability. I don't see many teams being linked with him, which tells me that it's noise generated by his agent.

I hope we don't go for him, and we find a better and more stable option for our needs.

• Like 1