Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

3 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Thought he ran his socks off at Wembley. 

One of the best players on the pitch.

Bit of a nob, but i like his effort levels and undoubted skill.

I wish Gray put that much effort in

All players of his ilk are knobs when playing for other teams but good guys when playing for yours. Vardy, Shelvey, Alli for example. I'm not sure he is a Puel type of player but I'm sure he can play at the Premier league level

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Don't think he has a red card in his career does he?

I think technically he should actually get a yellow card in the tunnel before every game for the shittest haircut in football. Then I think how he wears his socks like it’s a fashion statement should get also him a booking. So by my reckoning, he should get 2 yellows and thus a red every match. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Albert said:

I’ve seen quite a lot of him. He’s got bags of talent and unique attributes that you don’t really see from such a young player. He has the potential to become a very special player and I truly believe he would be a great signing. He wouldn’t be a replacement for Mahrez as he plays more central but would definitely give us that something different and also add to the young English talent that we already have in Gray, Chilwell, Hamza.

Yes, he shows signs of immaturity & attitude but that’s down to his age which would need to be managed by the  manager/players & yes he’s a cocky little shit that winds the opposition players/fans up but the same is said about Vards which is why we all love him so much. 

He might be seen as a risky signing but I’d 100% take the chance on him.

P.s We’ve got as much chance of signing Pulisic as we have of signing Bale ?

I just think he's too over hyped and his price will be obscene compared to someone less fancy but more effective in James Maddison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I just think he's too over hyped and his price will be obscene compared to someone less fancy but more effective in James Maddison.

Agree , i'd take Maddison over Grealish whilst Roberts watches from the armchair .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, weller54 said:

This is quite nice? 

12-x-27-at-Escrick-Park-680x500.jpg

Thats exactly what we need. Just erect it in front of our goal, then no need for a goalkeeper or defence, as the opposition will not be able to score, We can the have a 6 man midfield and five forwards. Just think of how many goals we would score. We would win the champions league with that. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think he's overhyped at all, no one but us have been linked with him and generally he's just considered a good young player in the Championship and nothing more. What really gets the juices flowing is reading how the Villa fans rate him, these are the people who watch him week in week out and according to them he's destined for big things and is the best player in their side by a distance.

I've always thought you won't go too far wrong by judging a player on the fans who see him all the time. If I was involved in scouting it's definitely a tool I would use just for extra confirmation or to bring up a red flag. I remember the CSKA fans weren't bothered about letting their "star player" in Musa going as he was so hit and miss and they were right.

My only concern about buying Grealish is where he would play. He plays as a sort of No8 in a 4-1-4-1 at Villa which appears to suit him perfectly. At Leicester in a 4-2-3-1 he probably isn't disciplined enough to play alongside Ndidi and I'm not sure he's a No10 and Iheanacho is making a good fist for that position.

I'd be really happy if we bought him as he's a young player which we would probably make a profit on eventually but if he comes here I hope we have a plan for him rather him becoming a bits and pieces player.

Edited by Gerard

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I don't think he's overhyped at all, no one but us have been linked with him and generally he's just considered a good young player in the Championship and nothing more. What really gets the juices flowing is reading how the Villa fans rate him, these are the people who watch him week in week out and according to them he's destined for big things and is the best player in their side by a distance.

I've always thought you won't go too far wrong by judging a player on the fans who see him all the time. If I was involved in scouting it's definitely a tool I would use just for extra confirmation or to bring up a red flag. I remember the CSKA fans weren't bothered about letting their "star player" in Musa going as he was so hit and miss and they were right.

My only concern about buying Grealish is where he would play. He plays as a sort of No8 in a 4-1-4-1 at Villa which appears to suit him perfectly. At Leicester in a 4-2-3-1 he probably isn't disciplined enough to play alongside Ndidi and I'm not sure he's a No10 and Iheanacho is making a good fist for that position.

I'd be really happy if we bought him as he's a young player which we would probably make a profit on eventually but if he comes here I hope we have a plan for him rather him becoming a bits and pieces player.

I can't see Villa letting him go for less than £20 million which I find a huge price for an erratic player, his scoring and assist stats don't particularly read well which suggests his end product is still massively weak, very much like we've seen with Gray. James Maddison on the other hand at a similar age scores and assists very consistently, is desperate to come here and be closer to home and is a natural number 10 all for a lower price.

If we get Grealish then fine, i'll be on board but its easy to have concerns as we've seen his type before and we tend not to do well with them.

4 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Linked with Man Utd in one of the papers today.

No doubt that's rubbish and out there to get some interest to raise his profile, price and wages. I can't see Man Utd bringing him in, they have bigger fish to fry and will only want him in a year or two if he develops really well at another PL club.

11 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Don't think he has a red card in his career does he?

Yes he does. One last year for 2 yellows against Forest. Should have also had one in the play-off final last week for a horror 2-footed tackle from behind, but got incredibly lucky. That's not the time where you want players making choices like that.

He's a talented player, but very hot tempered and makes rash decisions because of it. 

56 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

Thats exactly what we need. Just erect it in front of our goal, then no need for a goalkeeper or defence, as the opposition will not be able to score, We can the have a 6 man midfield and five forwards. Just think of how many goals we would score. We would win the champions league with that. 

Big Top should buy it for us! 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Yes he does. One last year for 2 yellows against Forest. Should have also had one in the play-off final last week for a horror 2-footed tackle from behind, but got incredibly lucky. That's not the time where you want players making choices like that.

He's a talented player, but very hot tempered and makes rash decisions because of it. 

So no straight reds in his entire career then?  Not doubting he can be rash just the whole "walking red" comment isn't really based on fact, more opinion.  X

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

So no straight reds in his entire career then?  Not doubting he can be rash just the whole "walking red" comment isn't really based on fact, more opinion.  X

I didn't say straight reds though. Two yellows is still a red. Also he is only 22 so far.

Yeah, maybe he hasn't had many, but I've seen him play a fair bit, and that's more through luck than anything. In the Prem, where they're hotter on this kind of thing, he'd probably be good for at least 1 red a season.

All I know is, had it been us in that play-off final (or any other high stakes game), and Jack had put in a stupid tackle like that for us, I'd be fuming.

8 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

His hair triggers me way to much than it should, but then so does Gareth Bales and i wouldn't say no to him :D 

Massive drop in standards from Vicente.

Iborra doesn’t score over head kicks in the champions league final though ay Suzie? 

PS people, not all. But some have likened me to a young Lee Philpott. Just have a think about that.  X

Edited by mod hero
  • Haha 2