Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

Kind of surprised we are in for him given his age, but he’s a proven quality centre back. Whilst I can see the appeal of having two young English centre backs and forming a long lasting partnership, having a quality centre half with European and Premier League experience for less than 10m is a great deal. 

I guess this means we don’t sign Dragovic which is baffling to me; he was good every time he played for us, younger and reasonably priced. 

Or perhaps we are signing two CBs this transfer window?

I read the West Brom forum about him. They weren't over excited about signing a Man utd "reject" but they thought he was the best player at the club for his first two years. Last year they thought he was a shitehawk for throwing his rattle out the pram for not getting his move to Man City. No question about his quality though.

This is the thread from when he first started playing for them.

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=17079.175

30 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I read the West Brom forum about him. They weren't over excited about signing a Man utd "reject" but they thought he was the best player at the club for his first two years. Last year they thought he was a shitehawk for throwing his rattle out the pram for not getting his move to Man City. No question about his quality though.

This is the thread from when he first started playing for them.

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=17079.175

A lot of them aren't impressed with him stealing a taxi in Barcelona. 

You know nothing, West Brom. 

Schmeichel

Pereira

Maguire

Evans

Fuchs

Silva

Ndidi

Diabaté

Iheanacho

Albrighton

Vardy

not a lot wrong with that! Maybe need upgrades to this starting 11, one wide forward and a no.10 with Ian to come in if we need two ‘strikers’ up top

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Schmeichel

Pereira

Maguire

Evans

Fuchs

Silva

Ndidi

Diabaté

Iheanacho

Albrighton

Vardy

not a lot wrong with that! Maybe need upgrades to this starting 11, one wide forward and a no.10 with Ian to come in if we need two ‘strikers’ up top

The lack of creativity on the wings is an issue in my opinion. Not sure Albrignton fits into to what Puel wants from his wingers. 

• Like 2

Just not excited about Johnny Evans.

His age is agaisnt him and had a shocking season just gone.

Surely we should go for either gibson or mawson. 

Then we would have a young but experienced back line to build from.

Just can't see Evans being the answer to our problems.

And is he that much better than big we Morgan would love to see a comparison because I actually think we is a better defender 

5 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

And is he that much better than big we Morgan would love to see a comparison because I actually think we is a better defender 

Evans will be a good organiser - think what we have missed without Huth back there 

the younger players don’t seen to have this ability. 

Wes better than evans? Next you’ll be saying that benny is better then chiellini!!

1 minute ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

He's not even much better if any better.

Attacking point of view Evans edges it because he can score goals (2).

But defensive wisee big wes is better 

Evans hasn’t been bothered to try this season - west Brom relegation is better for him than their survival as they would sell him for a reasonable fee 

Edited by st albans fox

7 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Can anyone else think of an experienced 30-year-old former title-winning centre-half who came to Leicester from a mediocre, now ex-Premier League team?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Evans hasn’t been bothered to try this season - west Brom relegation is better for him than their survival as they would sell him for a reasonable fee 

Sounds like a great character to have. Someone who doesn't try so that he can force his move haha jokes.

Well we will see still for 3m what's the gamble I guess 

3 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

He's a ball playing, vocal centre back. Wes is neither. 

2015 Morgan is a different matter, but if he declines as rapidly next season as he has this, then we'll have a pub player on our hands. 

Puel looks like he is trying to step away from the back 4 that allow pressure on them, and more towards a defense that can hold the ball and build from the back.

For me, Evans is the best option, even if he is the oldest. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

The number of goals conceded from corners and set pieces need to be addressed - Wes is great with his diving in and putting his body on the line with last ditch tackles but what is required is a properly organised defensive line and I believe that Evans would help with that 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Schmeichel

Pereira

Maguire

Evans

Fuchs

Silva

Ndidi

Diabaté

Iheanacho

Albrighton

Vardy

Mahrez is a huge miss! It’s every Foxes fan’s biggest worry. 

• Like 2

Schmeichel

Pereira

Maguire

Evans

Fuchs

Silva

Ndidi

Diabaté

Iheanacho

Albrighton

Vardy

If Diabate is first choice we are in big trouble if the hole left by Mahrez in terms of goals and assists isn't going to be filled by Nacho alone!

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Mahrez is a huge miss! It’s every Foxes fan’s biggest worry. 

It’s gonna be hard/impossible to replace what he brings to our team. But as I keep banging on about... bring in a quality no.10 and another quality wide forward to fill the Mahrez and Okazaki voids, and we’ll be ok.

• Like 1

It’s gonna be hard/impossible to replace what he brings to our team. But as I keep banging on about... bring in a quality no.10 and another quality wide forward to fill the Mahrez and Okazaki voids, and we’ll be ok.

Touché

We’ll address the defensive issues with the signing of Pereira & Evans. Beyond that I think we’ll replace Mahrez with Roberts and hopefully as you say a class no10 and we are absolutely in business for top 6. 

Positive about Mahrez going to Man City is that on last season they can’t improve much, they’ll be winning the league again regardless. If we sold him to a shithouse like Arsenal they might actually prevent us from taking 6th, as a loose example.

• Like 3