Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

42 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Aye - just boys/men being boys I guess. I'm strangely unconcerned about this sort of nonsense if they put their all in on the field - I don't expect footballers to be saints, I'm not sure why people are surprised at this sort of thing. We have a weird collective set of morals concerning 'unimportant' people in the public eye.

This is a club! With his employers taking them away before allot of big fixtures for premier league survival!

I wouldn’t want that to happen to us if we are struggling next season! 

5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

This is a club! With his employers taking them away before allot of big fixtures for premier league survival!

I wouldn’t want that to happen to us if we are struggling next season! 

So excitable! It makes no difference whatsoever!

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

can't see this happening unless the agent reduces his fee. Which I doubt will happen.

Not even sure we'll pay the £100k/w Evans wants either. All well and good having a small release clause but unless he wants to take a wage cut, he ain't coming here.

That’s ridiculous isn’t it 

jeez. :o

5 hours ago, chapero82 said:

I am more against it because he was more interested stealing a taxi and acting like a child than keeping his team up! 

I heard Jonny Evans was caught smiling within days of WBA being relegated. Don't want that sort of character at MY club

4 hours ago, tiredclimb said:

Can understand reservations about the Barcelona incident. WBA a mess from top to bottom though and can understand player frustrations with how the club is managed both on the pitch and off. 

Wasn't the manager involved in the taxi hoo ha ?

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

can't see this happening unless the agent reduces his fee. Which I doubt will happen.

Not even sure we'll pay the £100k/w Evans wants either. All well and good having a small release clause but unless he wants to take a wage cut, he ain't coming here.

we won’t stan - we’ll pay the player a s/o fee instead. Is that ok? 

the club dont want to pay a big agent fee - it goes against our ethos. We aren’t at the top of those tables and clearly not interested in setting precedent for future deals. some accountant somewhere will find a way around it to everyone’s satisfaction. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm 47, I don't know what the reference is. I now assume some sort of slang for drugs, right?

I’m 27 and I’ve never heard of “Doug” before either, must be some form of hillbilly reference, like that there moonshine! 

24 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

So it turns out quite a lot of us aren't "street" enough to know what Doug means. I'm baffled personally. :dunno:

You're so Malcolm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

we won’t stan - we’ll pay the player a s/o fee instead. Is that ok? 

the club dont want to pay a big agent fee - it goes against our ethos. We aren’t at the top of those tables and clearly not interested in setting precedent for future deals. some accountant somewhere will find a way around it to everyone’s satisfaction. 

That's the most likely case.

I'm sure if we really want the player we can negate the agents fee and £100k a week wage demands by supplementing the signing on fee.  Better not to pay the player £100k a week and cause resentment to the better players who are on similar or much less as it causes resentment. 

We'll probably insist on paying £2m agents fee, £60k-£70k a week wages and the signing on fee will be negotiated to supplement it.

So we spend a good chunk of the season moaning that Wes is past it, but then we want to replace him with Evans !

A couple of years younger granted, but equally slow, played in a defence leaking goals, for a club that git relegated, when the club was struggling where was his leadership, just looking out for himself.

Out of the two give me Wes any day.

A couple of years older, probably slower, played in defence for a club that finished 9th when all said and done, and leads with respect and dignity.

Mawson, Gibson or Jack Stephens - younger with room to improve, all got a point to prove, and could play here for another 8-10 years.

• Haha 1

Just now, JamesWelshFox said:

So we spend a good chunk of the season moaning that Wes is past it, but then we want to replace him with Evans !

A couple of years younger granted, but equally slow, played in a defence leaking goals, for a club that git relegated, when the club was struggling where was his leadership, just looking out for himself.

A couple of years older, probably slower, played in defence for a club that finished 9th when all said and done, and leads with respect and dignity.

Mawson, Gibson or Jack Stephens - younger with room to improve, all got a point to prove, and could play here for another 8-10 years.

Evan is 30 which isn't old for a centre back. Wes Morgan hadn't played PL football until he was 30.

West Brom turned down bids up to £25m from Man City, Arsenal and ourselves in the last year so that should tell you something of his quality. I personally think a motivated Evans would be a brilliant fit for us to organise our young defence and pass on his experience to Maguire and the young Ndidi or Choudhury sat in front of him. After Perieira he's the signing I really want.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JamesWelshFox said:

They didn't exactly leak goals, in fact they leaked less than us, they just didn't score many.

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

They didn't exactly leak goals, in fact they leaked less than us, they just didn't score many.

The conceded an amazing four goals less than ya! Hardly anything to right home about lol 

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

Sterling went there for nearly 50 million 3 years ago! We should be looking for at least 70 million 

I think 70 might be a few million too many for Evans tbh :ph34r: