Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

It's about time the game stood up to these robbing scum. £3m fee agents fee £4m for what. Clubs should walk away and leave him to rot paying that four mil will send out a very bad message.

Give the low life scum 10% and nothing more. No wonder agents want players to move sack the feckers off. The clubs need to stand together on this and stop paying this ridiculous money out.

Not worth it.  Pace and mobility are what is required. We saw how lack of pace with Wes cost us dearly on many occasions.  If Rudkin agrees on this, he wants tar and feathering.  Spend the money more wisely on a younger alternative.

• Like 1

My initial outrage is tempered by a report that the £4 mill is a signing on fee . West Brom get the £3 mill release and are the ones truly dicked here and Evans would be entitled to a signing on fee - so long as the £4 mill covers that (& he sorts the agent out ) it will be a reasonable deal (not that it's coming out of my pocket lol)

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

Yeah let's pay even more from abroad. ?

He would have cost £20m in Jan. If we pay the fee and agents fee and the 100k it's a week it's about £16m.

Never trust a drunk man to do maths.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, chapero82 said:

Crazy money for the agent fee. But... £3 million release clause, he wants a 3 year deal at £100k a week, so £15.6 million in wages for the duration, and agent fee of £4 million. 

That's £22.6 million for the whole deal. We reportedly offered West Brom £23 million (not including wages or agents fee) last year. So overall its not a bad deal for a good defender that WILL improve our first 11. 

I say do the deal. 

• Like 1

What’s the problem? as has been said above, West Brom are being screwed here, no one else. The player is sending his old man a nice bonus. I’m a bit shocked that he doesn’t want a huge s/o aswell. suspect that the club don’t want to set a precedent by paying an ‘agent fee’ of such size. if he wants to come here then we will find a way of getting this done. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What’s the problem? as has been said above, West Brom are being screwed here, no one else. The player is sending his old man a nice bonus. I’m a bit shocked that he doesn’t want a huge s/o aswell. suspect that the club don’t want to set a precedent by paying an ‘agent fee’ of such size. if he wants to come here then we will find a way of getting this done. 

West Bromwich aren't being screw over they choose in the same way we did with Kante to have a release clause in a contract. They only have themselves to blame.

10 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

£7m still an absolute bargain. If he’s on say 60k a week for 2 years that’s just over £6.2m in wages - so £13.2m in total for a very good prem CB. Pay the money (obviously we’re negotiating to get the best deal possible, but this shouldn’t be a deal breaker)

Don’t forget his signing on bonus too. That generally tends to be a few million too. 

5 minutes ago, Bozman said:

One thing we have to remember with all his demands of 3 years and 100k  a week, he has no resale value which needs taking into consideration..

Doesn't really matter when you are only spending £7m.

I honestly don' see why people have an issue with this. At the end of the day, it' £7m for a highly experienced PL winning CB. How they divvy yo that £7m between them is up to them. Couldn't care less about it. At the end of the day, we were willing to pay a lot more than £7m not that long ago.

People moan at people like Gray and Chilwell because they are young an inexperienced and then moan at the thought of signing a vastly experienced 30 year old CB?  Why is everyone so black and white, so annoyingly sure about everything.  Cannot see this being anything other than a very shrewd signing.  I hope we get it done.  X

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Anyway he’s a character and experience do and a bit of a leader too. Will have Chilwell doingas he’s told in no time.

He's a Huth replacement. If we get 2/3 years out this deal, we'll get a solid defender with captain credentials (fitting our general transfer protocol).

Despite the recent taxi-issue, he's a hard working pro who is in demand at the minute. We just need to convince him that he'll get more minutes with us. We can match offers from the competition, it'll be up to him how he wants to finish his Premiership career.

• Like 2