Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

7 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

4m agent fee?? What a piss take lol 

Yeah let's pay even more from abroad. ?

He would have cost £20m in Jan. If we pay the fee and agents fee and the 100k it's a week it's about £16m.

• Like 1

£7m still an absolute bargain. If he’s on say 60k a week for 2 years that’s just over £6.2m in wages - so £13.2m in total for a very good prem CB. Pay the money (obviously we’re negotiating to get the best deal possible, but this shouldn’t be a deal breaker)

1 minute ago, Devonfox1884 said:

£7m still an absolute bargain. If he’s on say 60k a week for 2 years that’s just over £6.2m in wages - so £13.2m in total for a very good prem CB. Pay the money (obviously we’re negotiating to get the best deal possible, but this shouldn’t be a deal breaker)

He wants 100k a week 

Just now, chapero82 said:

He wants 100k a week 

Fair enough mate didn’t see that. So an overall outlay of somewhere around £17m then for a two-year contract. Still think I’d do it though I’m not sure he warrants 100k p/w? The context of the deal rationalises it somewhat I guess.

I'd take him for sure. I was warming to the idea of having Mawson and a potential CB partnership with Maguire for years to come, but we do need a mix of experience as well, and for the price, there isn't much better out there for us. He would be a great buy and definitely be starting alongside Maguire, which lowers my fears of Wes retaining his place come the start of the season! 

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah let's pay even more from abroad. ?

He would have cost £20m in Jan. If we pay the fee and agents fee and the 100k it's a week it's about £16m.

I wasn’t aware agents made so much, in honesty lol surprised me :) 

6 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I wasn’t aware agents made so much, in honesty lol surprised me :) 

Pogba's agent reportedly earned £41m from his UTD move. That' 41 Jamie Vardy's!

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Pogba's agent reportedly earned £41m from his UTD move. That' 41 Jamie Vardy's!

That’s really really nuts lol I had no idea, I figured they’d make good money but never realised that.

• Like 1

£100,000 a week seems too much. We can't give that much to a player who just had a terrible season with a relegated club, should be half that at most. Maybe if he sacks his agent we will split the difference.

I know that the initial price is low and the overall value of the deal is still worth doing at high wages but I think it sends the wrong message to the squad regarding performance and reward at the club. If Iborra is on 70k then it should be similar for Evans.

I'm inclined to say steer clear to be honest. Massive wages for someone of his age, agents clearly a cvnt (and he's absolutely had West Brom's pants down as well) and he's not without question marks himself after this season.

I do think £3mil would be a bargain but the whole deal isn't really as much as it's cracked up to be.

• Like 1

He wants a three year deal not 2

16.5m

4m

3m

still good if the club were genuinely going to buy for 23 last season

although Evans name has been tarnished a little bit since then with performances and being dropped by moor 

• Like 1

If it's true £4m agent fee then that is ridiculous! I think there needs to be a governing body for agents. What justifies that fee??! That to me shows complete greed and it needs to stop, agents have too much power! I get there needs to be agent fees, but they're just making up figures and charging what they want. 

I hope we don't pay it or get the fee down. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 2