Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Keeps the pressure on evans agent to get the deal done 

Good point, there's no chance we're signing Dragovic with Puel still at the helm. I've not seen any links with other clubs after Evans either so there's a possibility he's not in as much demand as he thought he would be.

4 hours ago, Fathead1981 said:

Im probably in the minority but I would personally prefer Evans to Dragovic as think we need to add some solidity to our backline especially in regards set pieces

Agree, me too but really really want both. With Harry you’d then have a top 6/top 8 back three if you wanted to play that way, or two top CBs in a four with another on the bench.

Wes, sadly is just past his ‘best before’ date but could serve another season playing occasionally as fourth choice. I’d like to see Benny paid off too and Amartey & Hughes providing further depth in that position 

9 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Evans, Dragovic and Maguire as a back three please. Pereira and Bertrand flying up the wings when attacking at pace. I'd love that set up. 

I wish bertrand hates puel apparently though

Edited by Fightforever

9 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Evans, Dragovic and Maguire as a back three please. Pereira and Bertrand flying up the wings when attacking at pace. I'd love that set up. 

iam with u on this play 3 at the back with attacking wing backs.

On 22/05/2018 at 17:44, kristianity77 said:

5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Where has this talk of Bertrand stemmed from?

no idea .. but chillwell would be better and grow as a wingback its when hes been a pure full back that you question him.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, les-tah said:

no idea .. but chillwell would be better and grow as a wingback its when hes been a pure full back that you question him.

I also question him as a wing back tbh - especially a first choice starting wing back.

• Like 1

On 22/05/2018 at 12:52, StanSP said:

I don't get why, if it's true, that we're going for Dragovic on a permanent deal now as opposed to January. 

If I remember correctly we could have got him for £16m-£20m as part of the loan deal but we didn't even make any offer to Leverkusen to get him. Found that quite disappointing. 

Although I've come round to having Evans in the side, I'd rather we do go for Dragovic over Evans to be honest. Would settle for either though! 

We'll still have the option to buy him at that price. 

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 00:52, gurru991 said:

Arsenal & Man C & Man U would happily pay big money for a relegated Maguire. They are now kicking themselves that the didn't

….I suspect that they always felt, that, if he could push on last season, they had the financial clout to out bid anyone for his signature. In a commercial sense a wise move by them but if you are on the receiving end...…… smug b*****ds!!!!

55 minutes ago, Bert said:

We'll still have the option to buy him at that price. 

There will be a cut-off date for any option (which is logical), so we will probably miss it by 14 seconds.

The talk in Leverkusen is, that he may be taken back into the fold i.e. any attempt by us to take their trousers down will be resisted, PLUS as many have pointed out, he may well turn us down due to the unfair way he has been treated.  We shall see.

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

There will be a cut-off date for any option (which is logical), so we will probably miss it by 14 seconds.

The talk in Leverkusen is, that he may be taken back into the fold i.e. any attempt by us to take their trousers down will be resisted, PLUS as many have pointed out, he may well turn us down due to the unfair way he has been treated.  We shall see.

Yep which will be June 30th when his contract/agreement with us comes to an end. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

….I suspect that they always felt, that, if he could push on last season, they had the financial clout to out bid anyone for his signature. In a commercial sense a wise move by them but if you are on the receiving end...…… smug b*****ds!!!!

Yes I guess it's a bit different when the price tag doesn't matter. 

Just now, weller54 said:

Blue Evans is a place on earth if that helps? 

I take that as ‘no’ news, Thank ***k for that.