Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

Reading the West Brom forum, they think he's not turned up this season and are happy to see the back of him

Reckon he was never the same since having his head turned last summer.

I'm not impressed either with this taxi gate nonsense, you're fighting relegation and get involved in that nonsense? 

No, not for me would rather we went in for a younger, hungrier centre half like Alfie Mawson.

18 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Reading the West Brom forum, they think he's not turned up this season and are happy to see the back of him

I'm not impressed either with this taxi gate nonsense, you're fighting relegation and get involved in that nonsense? 

No, not for me would rather we went in for a younger, hungrier centre half like Alfie Mawson.

Some people on this forum also happy to see the back of Mahrez until 2 games ago lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Personally I would like both Mawson & Evans. With quality like than we could go the wing-back route when needed

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We need 2 CBs, Evans would be a great first signing.

I've mentioned I'd like to see Gibson elsewhere on here. If Boro don't go up, I'm sure he'd jump at the opportunity to play in the Premier League again.

Evans, Maguire and Gibson allows for long term planning.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

I've mentioned I'd like to see Gibson elsewhere on here. If Boro don't go up, I'm sure he'd jump at the opportunity to play in the Premier League again.

Evans, Maguire and Gibson allows for long term planning.

Gibson will have to leave Boro surely. This time last year he was an England player and now he's no chance of going to the world cup, he can't afford another year in the Championship.

14 hours ago, Tuna said:

Agree too old.  Pace and Mobility are what we need. This is likely Wes without the Rum.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tuna said:

Mawsons a good player but you’ve got to be talking 30m unless he has a release clause?

Evans for 3M, still got 3 years at the top no doubt

Lets be under no illusions, based upon our end of season form and probably without Mahrez next season we are looking at a relegation battle. Is JE the squad member needed in that situation. Not according to WBA fans. Not a great player and big question marks over his mentality to fight for a cause beyond getting a lift back to his bed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

No brainer for 3 million 

You realise that there will be a chunky s/o fee to compensate the player. WBA are the losers and the player is the winner.

he had no incentive whatsoever to put himself out for them once they were in a battle. They stood in his way of leaving last summer and knowing that relegation means you get your move and a big wedge for yourself - he is a professional but human nature is human nature. 

Just as you can t judge VVD on his performances Aug/Dec, neither can you evans this past season.

• Like 1

I'd avoid like the plague given his recent behaviour. Says a lot about his character, and it'd be a mistake to replace one potentially disruptive player with another. Given his age he isn't going to get much better. Yes, we may get one decent season out of him but then we'd be left in the situation we currently find ourselves in with a player past his best with time remaining on his contract and no resale value. Looking at the potential player's that we could go after there's no shortage of decent young centre backs with PL experience so I'd prefer that we went down that path instead even if it costs us a little more. 

Edited by ian_marshall

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

Rather pay over the nose for Lascelles plus Ashley is a business man, a good offer and he will eat the profit.

do they still want wes, we could offer a swap lol 

seriously, we should be buying 2 CB's as well as offering Sam Hughes some game time pre-season, Wes should be offered a golden hand shake and told to go earn a few quid a week at florist again, 

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You realise that there will be a chunky s/o fee to compensate the player. WBA are the losers and the player is the winner.

he had no incentive whatsoever to put himself out for them once they were in a battle. They stood in his way of leaving last summer and knowing that relegation means you get your move and a big wedge for yourself - he is a professional but human nature is human nature. 

Just as you can t judge VVD on his performances Aug/Dec, neither can you evans this past season.

There's a reason why some top clubs wanted Evans for good money a year a go and he would be a brilliant signing for us IMO.

You're bang on about his incentive though. What motivation is there to give everything to West Brom's survival when it will be at the detrimental financial well being of yourself? Evans know he has the upper hand with any club this summer after being available for £3m. If he helped get West Brom safe then it's not in his best interests as they have the whip hand in his transfer again. I'm sure if we were fighting to stay up last game of this season and Mahrez had a £3m release fee he wouldn't have put in a great performance especially after the shenanigans this January. 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I'm not judging Evans or WBA, for me from a footballing point of view it makes sense, we need a good proven CB. Does Evans fit that requirement, yes.

The fact we can get him for 3m, even if we paid him 100k a week for the next 3 years with a signing on fee the total cost including everything is going to be around 20 million.

Let be honest any decent championship, Premier League or CB from aboard is going to cost around 10 million transfer fee plus wages.

Do I feel sorry for WBA, no, same as us with Kante, they agreed a release fee as an condition of the contract.