Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

Bottom line is he is a £100k a week player and the transfer and agent fee combined is £7m.

I'm sure that £4m doesn't go straight into the agent's pocket. The agent will probably pay Evans some of that either directly or through his father who works for the agent. Pairing Evans and Leicester City together isn't rocket science so I can't see Evans paying £4m for the privilege which indirectly comes out of his pocket.

There'll be a bit of toing and froing but the deal will get done if both parties want each other because someone out there will play ball if we don't.

Footballing wise he'll be a brilliant signing for us. He'll have a young defence around him and some young defensive midfielders like Ndidi and Choudhury (when he plays) and Evans biggest strength is his brain. He'll be immense for us and be great for developing Maguire and the other players to a lesser extent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

I'd prefer someone quicker at the back, if I'm being honest, as it would allow us to have better cover if we push up high, or the fullbacks push on.

We need a CB with good positional awareness and that can organise the defence. He can do both. Whilst he isn't blessed with pace, you don't have to be lightening quick to be a good CB. There are plenty of examples of CBs who have exactly those attributes. What they made up for pace was their intelligence, positioning and timing of a tackle.

Edited by sphericalfox

seven million for Evans as opposed to 17m for dragovic. 

Evans will be a higher wage but he only wants a three year deal. Drago would want four. that pretty well balances the wages out. 

would prefer evans. Drago is decent but I didn’t see pep or Wenger trying to buy him last summer ........

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, waylander said:

Gerrrriiiimmmm in a real steal at that price . Great addition and quality always like him. He played for utd like Brian Carey you know ?

Jesus I'd forget all about scarry Carey......

• Haha 1

Evans is the ideal signing if we are also signing Ricardo. As much as I'd like Drago too, Evans will organise our otherwise young defense.

Will already be excited again if we pull off these 1st 2 signings. Puel has started from the back. 

2 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Maguire Evans Dragovic

trio with wing backs? ?

It’s a plan B option and it’s always nice to have a plan B though I do thing we’ll play 4 at the back under Puel most of the time with wingers in from that can cut in Salah/Mahrez style.

• Like 1

The only thing Gibson has on Evans is youth, you talk of Gibson being a better longer term option, do you mean in sell on profit in 3yrs? because if you do what's the point nurturing him trying to get him up to scratch just to sell for a possible profit when you have 3yrs of Evans who doesn't need nurturing & will steady the ship at the back for sure whilst in the background we slowly bring the likes of Sam Hughes into the 1st team meaning you have a ready made replacement in 3yrs. 

• Like 4