Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

Guest Markyblue
10 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We've just signed a championship player. Time to sell PFA player of the year 15/16! :ph34r:

And where was mahrez when we signed him.

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Cos Pep likes to play games. Did it last summer with Arsenal and Alexis on deadline day. Unsetttles the player, Arsenal refuse to sell and Arsenal get left with a poisonous player who has no interest in playing for them. Roll round to January and United get Sanchez so Pep thinks **** it, ill screw Leicester over this time and unsettle their best player on deadline day and use the injury to Sane as the reason why we need another attacking player. Pep is a bigger c*nt than Mourinho, hes just alot more subtle. Who will he screw over on deadline day this season? A bid for Salah maybe? Hazard?

Probably us again with Maguire. £20m bid and offering Stones in return - this after Stones broke his leg in the World Cup Final with a 2 year recovery window.

Rudkin accepts £15m.

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Probably us again with Maguire. £20m bid and offering Stones in return - this after Stones broke his leg in the World Cup Final with a 2 year recovery window.

Rudkin accepts £15m.

Yep or they'll wait to sign Mahrez again until deadline day meaning we won't get a replacement as it seems with ffp we need to sell Mahrez before we can replace him. 

If twitter sources are to be believed then we aren't budging on Roberts coming the other way in the deal. We want him in the deal to adhere to FFP which would make sense. Apparently mcfc want to sell separately but we ain't budging. Would make sense. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I find it mad that Man City will happily lob 60m at a reserve centre half, 100m on two fullbacks and are looking like spending 55m + bonuses on a midfielder that probably won't get in their side but they're turning their nose up at a man who has more goal contributions in the last 3 years than any winger in the league - including the 150m rated Eden Hazard.

It's absolutely baffling.

They just stumped up the £57m release fee for Laporte who is a 24 year old uncapped centre half and couldn't get in the French World Cup squad when the likes of Rami are ahead of him who was linked with us at one stage but went to Marseille for £5m last year.

I wonder if the main stumbling block is we want Roberts but they want a buy back clause because woe betide they take a chance?

I'd love a Man Utd or Chelsea to join the hunt and just slap in a bigger offer and we tell Mahrez and Man City that he either joins the club with the biggest offer or tell Man City to match it.

I just can’t see us getting the fee that people are quoting, would love Mahrez in a Leicester shirt again next season but with the price being nearer £50 million he will go. Poor show all round and I hope we stand our ground or another club show some interest....

It'd be interesting to see how he responds if he doesn't get his move away.

It's all well and good saying he's worth x, we ought play hardball, but if clubs aren't interested in paying that sum (and, let's face it, few would be) then we're running out of options. 

I've just read conjecture of Liverpool interest (should the Man City deal finally fall through) but I've not read of interest from elsewhere. We're seemingly not fighting them off - not even Everton and West Ham (that bit's irony by the way). And, tbh, I've taken that to mean that pretty much everyone considered Man City to be a done deal. But maybe it's not. Maybe there is no other interest (at the prices we're asking). Now what a shock that'd be, for supporters AND Mahrez! 

Maybe £40m to Everton (or whatever) is nearer reality than £120m to Barca (or whatever) I wonder how Mahrez would feel about his 'dream move' then. Would there be an airport lounge big enough to contain his disappointment?

Edited by CarbonVirtine
To make obvious the intentional

2 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

It'd be interesting to see how he responds if he doesn't get his move away.

It's all well and good saying he's worth x, we ought play hardball, but if clubs aren't interested in paying that sum (and, let's face it, few would be) then we're running out of options. 

I've just read conjecture of Liverpool interest (should the Man City deal finally fall through) but I've not read of interest from elsewhere. We're seemingly not fighting them off - not even Everton and West Ham. And, tbh, I've taken that to mean that pretty much everyone considered Man City to be a done deal. But maybe it's not. Maybe there is no other interest (at the prices we're asking). Now what a shock that'd be, for supporters AND Mahrez! 

Maybe £40m to Everton (or whatever) is nearer reality than £120m to Barca (or whatever) I wonder how Mahrez would feel about his 'dream move' then. Would there be an airport lounge big enough to contain his disappointment?

Why would Everton & West Ham even try and enquire about our best players? Waste of time for everyone involved.

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I hope we've put a deadline in place early. So both man city and Mahrez know where they stand/what is going on. The deadline being 2 weeks before the actually deadline so we can get a replacement in. 

Absolutely agree !!! We don't want another Chelsea and DD debacle.

13 minutes ago, jock2612 said:

Absolutely agree !!! We don't want another Chelsea and DD debacle.

I thought we came out of the Chelsea / DD deal very well, a great bit of business made to feel even better by the manner in which it was conducted.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bpfox said:

whats the chance mahrez stays, maybe if he sees that we are buying some quality players, it may see him stay around. 

In all likelihood it could help, but I think the boat has been missed with that. Mahrez's exit is surely too far gone.

IF he did change his mind though, it would be an incredible boost. If the £50mil budget is true and we've all but spent that on Pereira, Evans and the impending arrival of Maddison, I still don't think we'd have to sell Mahrez to further add to the squad for the likes of Kvirkveila and any others. Shifting a lot of the players that were out on loan this season will still bring in a sizeable amount of money (looking at key assets like Slimani, Mendy etc.) which can be reinvested.