Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Allardyce gone - Shaky, Walsh and NP available?

11 minutes ago, Donut said:

Read your own post back because it doesn't make any sense.

Nigel Pearson built a team.

Ranieri used that team to win the Premier League.

Youre trying to infer that the whoever the manager was inheriting the team was given a title challenging team to go and win the league with.

That's where the difference lies.

The team peaked at the right time,  we are never going to know if Pearson would of won the title but he's managed TWO league title romping's previously albeit in the Champ and League 1, who's to say he wasn't about to do it again with the team HE built, by no means am I saying he would of but you can't deny it partly down to his YEARS of work that built up to that moment and all those players HE signed peaked at the right time.

Ranieri didn't win the title all by himself.... its like Pep he has bought in his own type of players and changed key aspects of the setup and won the league … 

Edited by whoareyaaa

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

The team peaked at the right time,  we are never going to know if Pearson would of won the title but he's managed TWO league title romping's previously albeit in the Champ and League 1, who's to say he wasn't about to do it again with the team HE built, by no means am I saying he would of but you can't deny it partly down to his YEARS of work that built up to that moment and all those players HE signed peaked at the right time.

Ranieri didn't win the title all by himself.... its like Pep he has bought in his own type of players and changed key aspects of the setup and won the league … you can't say Claudio did that.

Sorry mate - I can  state that Pearson wouldn’t have won the league. 

Just wouldnt have happened - we would have stayed 3-5-2 and had a bloody good season but we wouldn’t have eeked out all those 1-0 wins when the pressure was on (probably wouldn’t have been in a position to need to anyway)

Ranieri was the man to see what the squad Pearson had built needed tactically tweaking and to manage the expectations and pressure. 

So,

Without Pearson we wouldn’t have won the league 

without Ranieri we wouldn’t have won the league

• Like 1

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

Steve Walsh left to further his career, im sure if we offered him the Director of football role before them he would of taken it. However weve got Rudkin.

As I remember he also wanted to work close to home, and it not worked out terribly well at Everton. 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Ranieri didn't win the title all by himself.... its like Pep he has bought in his own type of players and changed key aspects of the setup and won the league … you can't say Claudio did that.

I can say that Ranieri changed our tactics and got more out of all the players than was humanly thought possible, because theyd never shown that level of ability under Pearson or any other manager, at any other club, at any point in their careers.

So we will never know if Pearson could have done it, but to suggest the person who actually DID do it somehow wasn't the most prominent person in achieving the title win, and a person who wasn't at the club was.... that's just Pearson bias trying to prove something that isn't true.

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Just wouldnt have happened - we would have stayed 3-5-2 and had a bloody good season but we wouldn’t have eeked out all those 1-0 wins when the pressure was on (probably wouldn’t have been in a position to need to anyway)

Ranieri was the man to see what the squad Pearson had built needed tactically tweaking and to manage the expectations and pressure. 

So,

Without Pearson we wouldn’t have won the league 

without Ranieri we wouldn’t have won the league

Cheers Mystic Meg :P

no I do believe Ranieri did play his part of course but he didn't have to do a lot, lets put it that way

Edited by whoareyaaa

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Disagree on that bit, Pearson has always been a 442 man and the players we signed that summer were to fix the glaring holes that we had in the 442. The DM, the left back, the 10. Even Okasaki said he'd been signed to play a withdrawn role in a 442/4411

3 minutes ago, Donut said:

I can say that Ranieri changed our tactics and got more out of all the players than was humanly thought possible, because theyd never shown that level of ability under Pearson or any other manager, at any other club, at any point in their careers.

So we will never know if Pearson could have done it, but to suggest the person who actually DID do it somehow wasn't the most prominent person in achieving the title win, and a person who wasn't at the club was.... that's just Pearson bias trying to prove something that isn't true.

Rubbish mate, I didn't say one was more prominent than the other but to deny Pearson had any doing is extremely short sighted to say the least.

I have total respect for what Claudio did and the same goes for Pearson but you can't seem to get your head around the job Pearson actually done and would be a much better option than Puel miles better, the club will crumble under Puel.

5 minutes ago, Donut said:

Except at the end of the first season where we were in top 4 form, with worse players.

I doubt we'd have done it with him, as Ranieri's personality just took the focus off the players, but in a positive sense. Pearson does the same as a manager, but often making himself the target in the process and it's all a bit more negative. That was the biggest thing Ranieri did in my eyes, he was perfect for that. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

With Allardyce leaving Everton, I guess Shakespeare will now be out of a job. All the talk over the last couple of months, is that Walsh will be replaced as Everton's Director of Football by the PSV Technical Director. Nige already works for the Thais. What are the chances of a return for the 'Triumvirate'?!

Just been announced that the PSV guy, Marcel Brands, is replacing Walsh. He takes up the DoF post on 1 June.

Edited by Outfox the Fox

Guest Markyblue
41 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

no I do believe Ranieri did play his part of course but he didn't have to do a lot, lets put it that way

Bullshit

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Mate calm down..... "didn't have a lot to do".  If I were one to lower myself to modern lexicon I may be tempted to type "LOLZ" as I know all the kids are saying.  I am a huge fan of Pearson and would welcome him back and can see where you are coming from but you've gone way too far and reduced Ranieri's input to a level that almost looks comical.  Can we not just rejoice in the magic of the thing without making it a competition between managers.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Walsh has left Everton as Marcel Brands arrives.

They couldn’t announce this until sam was given the tin tack but walshie was told of his fate many weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

As I remember he also wanted to work close to home, and it not worked out terribly well at Everton. 

This is indeed odd - as I understand it, his home remains in the bradgate area. 

Edited by st albans fox

7 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Mate calm down..... "didn't have a lot to do".  If I were one to lower myself to modern lexicon I may be tempted to type "LOLZ" as I know all the kids are saying.  I am a huge fan of Pearson and would welcome him back and can see where you are coming from but you've gone way too far and reduced Ranieri's input to a level that almost looks comical.  Can we not just rejoice in the magic of the thing without making it a competition between managers.  X

There's only one way to decide who's right.... 

638735vlcsnap-1480468.jpg

• Like 1

I think it's safe to say Everton place a lot of blame on Walsh... the statement announcing Brands leaves this much space for Walsh...

Marcel replaces Steve Walsh who joined the Club in July 2016. Professor Denise Barrett-Baxendale added: “On behalf of the Board and Mr Moshiri, I’d also like to express our thanks to Steve Walsh, our first ever Director of Football, who has now left the Club. We all wish Steve well for his future.”

:nigel:

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They couldn’t announce this until sam was given the tin tack but walshie was told of his fate many weeks ago. 

This is odd - as I understand it, his home remains in the bradgate area. 

Quote from Steve Walsh when he signed for Everton "I know the club well, my roots are in the north west"

16 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I'm just pointing out some points in response to Donut mate not having a dig a Ranieri, it is true though he didn't have a lot to do in the grand scheme of things apart from manage the team of which he done absolutely perfect and we 'probably' never would have won it without him though so there ya go! :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

Steve Walsh left to further his career, im sure if we offered him the Director of football role before them he would of taken it. However weve got Rudkin.

Well I'm thankful we didn't offer Walsh the DOF role. People are still moaning about Rudkin, who now has 4 years experience of doing pretty okay as DOF, being promoted above his station from academy director. Yet wanting Walsh, who now has 1 years experience of doing an utterly disastrous job as DOF, after being promoted above his station from head scout, over Rudkin?

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9
6 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Maybe they could then re-sign the Bangkok 3 

Perfect ! 

Poor rear guard defence they had. 

However can be good at playing in the hole.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Ranieri didn't win the title all by himself.... its like Pep he has bought in his own type of players and changed key aspects of the setup and won the league … 

Can you really not see how dramatic Ranieris repositioning of players and tactics were so very different to NPs ? Do you really think it was down to players 'peaking' at the right time? ???

• Like 1