Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

this  is the trialist

http://www.solihullmoorsfc.co.uk/teams/17518/player/dylan-barkers-2046270

?url=images.pitchero.com%2Fui%2F3287185%2F1533059163_0.jpg&w=400&h=400&t=square&q=80

Dylan Barkers

Central Defender
Biography: Academy defender Dylan Barkers is the latest youth prospect to have signed first team forms with the Club.

The 18-year-old has been in and around the first team during the pre-season campaign and played a cameo role in the 3-0 victory at Tamworth.

Standing at 6ft 4” tall, Barkers has been with Moors for a year and has acquitted himself well

Edited by Collymore

Tuned in to see them concede a third. I know we're blooding in youngsters with Tee, Taveras and Thomas but can this awful run of form be good for their development? We looked so good a couple of months ago but now we're three down in under thirty minutes. Taveras looked decent from the 10 minutes I watched - but what position is he playing? He looked like he was at centre back at one point. Tee looks incredibly young. Thomas didn't do that much but he's young. Ndukwu looked decent but I can't help but feel he'll not progress much in the u23s but he'll also not warrant a first team place yet there's definitely untapped talent there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

this  is the trialist

?url=images.pitchero.com%2Fui%2F3287185%2F1533059163_0.jpg&w=400&h=400&t=square&q=80

Dylan Barkers

Central Defender
Biography: Academy defender Dylan Barkers is the latest youth prospect to have signed first team forms with the Club.

The 18-year-old has been in and around the first team during the pre-season campaign and played a cameo role in the 3-0 victory at Tamworth.

Standing at 6ft 4” tall, Barkers has been with Moors for a year and has acquitted himself well

Apparently plays for Guisley now. Got subbed off after just over half an hour though. Ouch.

.. Layton really need to step up now. I know he has had injury problems but strolling around the park does not help the team and looks like he does not want to put the effort in. 

I don't want to see him turn into Gray but the body language suggests that is where it is going. Too much on the perriphery, need to be asking and showing for the ball more. 

• Like 1

Heavy Liverpool Defeat For City's Under-23s
DEVELOPMENT SQUAD
Published 31 mins ago
2 MinutesReading time
Leicester City’s Development Squad fell to a 6-0 defeat by an experienced Liverpool side in Premier League 2 Division 1 at King Power Stadium on Sunday.
Rhian Brewster, Ben Woodburn and Curtis Jones found the net for the Reds before half-time, while a hat-trick from Rafael Camacho cemented the visitors’ dominance on Filbert Way.

Senior Professional Development Phase Coach Steve Beaglehole made four changes to his starting line-up following last weekend’s 1-0 reverse to West Ham United at London Stadium.

In came Layton Ndukwu, Conor Tee, Sidnei Tavares and trialist Dylan Barkers – replacing Callum Wright, Khanya Leshabela, Tyrese Shade and Ryan Loft.

Liverpool, meanwhile, handed run outs to a host of players who have represented the Merseyside club’s first team, including Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Joe Gomez.

Following an impeccably observed minute’s silence to mark the 30-year anniversary of the Hillsborough tragedy, action got underway at King Power Stadium.

The visiting Reds started brightest and they were ahead after just five minutes as Oxlade-Chamberlain, one of three permitted over-age outfield players, forced a save from Viktor Johansson.

While the Swedish shot-stopper did well to get a hand to the initial effort, Brewster was lurking in the penalty area to apply a tidy finish to the rebound.

Liverpool doubled that lead in the 17th minute, meanwhile, as Luke Thomas was punished for a late challenge on Brewster with the award of a penalty to the visitors.

Up stepped Woodburn to fire it into the bottom right corner, while Jones’ run and shot at goal made it 3-0 before the half-hour mark.

City’s best opportunities of the opening 45 minutes came in the final seconds as Tavares forced a low save from Shamal George before Alex Pascanu curled an effort just wide.

Despite Leicester’s best efforts to narrow the arrears in the second period, it was 4-0 in the 50th minute when Camacho fired a powerful drive past Johansson and in off the crossbar.

Camacho grabbed his second of the afternoon seven minutes later when he made sure Brewster’s effort, from the edge of the area, was not kept out by Thomas.

With just over 20 minutes to go, Camacho was initially denied a hat-trick by the post and then a block from Pascanu, but the visitors were on top for much of the second half.

Substitute Khanya Leshabela made an immediate impact from the bench and, when the South African was played in by Admiral Muskwe, his low strike was saved well by George.

Camacho, however, did get his hat-trick with 81 minutes on the clock, running into space and slotting it beyond Johansson to make it 6-0 to the visitors. 

Who impressed?

Khanya Leshabela was introduced in the 70th minute in an attempt to try and inject some intensity into the Foxes’ attacking play.

While the 19-year-old was unable to find the net, he nonetheless carved out some decent opportunities for the hosts and was unlucky to find Reds ‘keeper Shamal George in good form.

Where does it leave us?

Leicester remain in seventh-place in Premier League 2 Division 1, with a points tally of 27, five above Tottenham Hotspur, who have two games to play, in the first relegation berth.

City’s youngsters now have just one match of the Premier League 2 season remaining, a trip to Emirates Stadium to face Arsenal on Friday 26 April (7pm BST kick-off).

The details…

City: Johansson, Kaba Sherif, Thomas, Tavares, Hughes (c), Pascanu, Barkers (trialist) (Loft 37’), Dewsbury-Hall, Muskwe, Ndukwu, Tee (Leshabela 70’)

Subs not used: Davies, Hušek, Uche Rubio

Attendance: 1,852

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. Layton really need to step up now. I know he has had injury problems but strolling around the park does not help the team and looks like he does not want to put the effort in. 

I don't want to see him turn into Gray but the body language suggests that is where it is going. Too much on the perriphery, need to be asking and showing for the ball more. 

I've always had that impression of him he may be very skilful but he mostly looks like he thinks he's too good for the team or maybe not good enough, who knows? His whole demeanour is just wrong for me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He was the complete opposite before his long term injury. He looked ready for the first team earlier on in the season the way he was controlling our attack, showing for the ball, driving forward and tracking back. Spending the summer training with the first team really helped him imo. 

But since his return from injury he’s not been the same. Might be a lack of confidence. 

Edited by foxes21

... just seems to be going through the motions. 

The prospect of going on loan  having been stuck in the U23s for some time is obviously the next step. Unless he excel on loan we will end up running down his contract. If not for the injuries he should have been sent on loan although Beagleholes' agenda did not help. 

• Like 1

To be fair to us, that Liverpool side had Joe Gomez and Oxlade-Chamberlain who have full England caps and are by all accounts, pretty damn good players - plus Brewster won the Golden Boot for England's U17 World Cup winners, Ben Woodburn has 10 full Wales caps etc.

I have a lot of critiques for how Beaglehole runs our U23, and I definitely think we could do with someone new, but I can't say I'm too surprised about being beat or even mullered a bit by that team.

Edited by The_Rorab
  • Like 2

I've got to say though, I'm not sure what our plan is for loaning out some of the players that maybe need to push on from U23 football, obviously there has been a lot of luck gone against them, but we have:

Darnell got his suspension on his debut - and Hibs are actually 8 league games unbeaten since then without him and I think he's been injured since maybe?

Ipswich just got relegated and Elder still doesn't play - he hasn't even been in the squad since February 10th and has 2 appearances.

Josh Knight got instantly injured for Peterborough, though he actually came on as a very late sub in their game yesterday, so at least that's looking up.

Elliott Moore and Kapustka at Leuven from what I've heard in that thread have been largely poor, though Moore better than Kapustka (and ofc Kapustka is now injured)

Diabate at Sivasspor was always a bit of a weird move imo, from the sounds of it he's been doing okay there, not great not awful.

Iversen from vague recollections seemed to be doing well at Oldham, and Thomas at Scunny seems to be decently rated there but not quite impactful all the time.

It just doesn't really feel like we have much of a plan in terms of these loans, and from the rumblings of people more in the know than me, it wouldn't surprise me if instead of scouting out to try to find out whether a club is right for the player, we've just accepted the first bit of interest in anyone - and even then potentially only after certain player pushed for a loan to be sorted out so they wouldn't just be in the U23 purgatory for longer. I'd like to see Rodgers have a sort out of our youth setup and maybe fix some of that stuff.

• Like 1

Go to the Netherlands or Spain and watch how their best teams run their youth development. Copy it. It doesn't seem like rocket science. Find the best youth coaches in the world. Pay them more. 

I sincerely hope this gets straightened out soon. Would be nice to work out most of the problems in our first team with players being coached correctly in youth development.

I have to stay off this thread because it really pisses me off to watch what's going on. One of the most enjoyable things in life for me is to see someone work, learn, and progress in their dreams.

3 hours ago, SO1 said:

Go to the Netherlands or Spain and watch how their best teams run their youth development.

You do realise the youth teams for England are currently considered the best in Europe? It’s not a country problem. It’s a personnel problem. We’ve got a bloke in charge of our youngsters whose a dinosaur but best mate of the director of football. 

If the club are serious about building youth, it’s time to refresh. Even if Beaglehole was doing a decent job, it’s not healthy having a bloke in the same role for so long 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You do realise the youth teams for England are currently considered the best in Europe? It’s not a country problem. It’s a personnel problem. We’ve got a bloke in charge of our youngsters whose a dinosaur but best mate of the director of football. 

If the club are serious about building youth, it’s time to refresh. Even if Beaglehole was doing a decent job, it’s not healthy having a bloke in the same role for so long 

Your right. It doesn't matter where their from as long as they know how to teach pressing attacking football the way Rodgers wants it played. All I hear about is Beaglehole playing hoofball and can't believe he still has a job.

8 hours ago, Collymore said:

this  is the trialist

Dylan Barkers

Central Defender

I've got a season ticket at Guiseley as well as being a Leicester fan. Fair to say I was a bit surprised when I saw Dylan was on trial with Leicester. He's played a few games recently but doesn't exactly look like he's got future premiership star quality.. barely looks like having future Conference North quality. He's okay in a tackle but poor passing and dawdles on the ball.