Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lancyclaret

Foxes or Wolves....?

Genuine question...I expect both to finish above Burnley next season but who  will finish higher....LCFC or WWFC?

Wolves' fans are making a lot of noise - the most by any promoted team in ages - but, as a neutral, I think Leicester will shade it by a place or two..

Reasons? 1) Wolves' wage bill restricted to £67 million 2) I think Nuno Santo will react badly to any real pressure.

Two-way fight to be Midlands' No 1 team:)

Edited by lancyclaret

We got more points in the Championship and were a better side than they are coming up in 2013-14 and finished 14th in our first season back.

I expect them to steer clear of a relegation battle but I don't know why people think they're likely to finish top half of anything.

They have no one anywhere near the quality of Vardy or anyone.

Edited by Sampson

They have to capitalise on their momentum. We sort of did with spirited performances against Everton (last gasp draw), Arsenal (draw), Chelsea (defeat but decent performance), Stoke (away win) and Man Utd (5-3!) but then went on a huge slump that saw us almost nailed on for relegation.

Every promoted team will have some sort of slump. Brighton, Huddersfield and Newcastle did this season. It's how they cope and how they drag themselves out of it that's the question.

We've seen how Wolves are when they're top of the league and winning every week. The question is how will they cope when they haven't won for 6 games?

I think they'll stay up, but we'll finish higher.

• Like 1

Haven't really followed their dealings but no doubt they will want to throw money at the situation and we all know how bad wholesale changes to a club can be. I think it will be an underwhelming first season for them but they have the ability to stay up and build on from there. 

My guesses are:

Us: around 9/10th finish with a decent cup run.

WWFC: around 12th but out the cups early doors to focus on league.

Reckon we will finish 8th atm (other signings may change my mind).

Wolves to finish about 14th.  Think they will have a decent season but may go through a run of bad results mid way through bit like we did in our first season. Just not as dramatic

With the exception of florist and dirtby, I prefer fellow midlands clubs to do well. Hope they stay up personally.

An orange strip in the PL is also a welcome change.

Good start is crucial, as it is for 15 or so clubs, including us.

3 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Haven't really followed their dealings but no doubt they will want to throw money at the situation and we all know how bad wholesale changes to a club can be. I think it will be an underwhelming first season for them but they have the ability to stay up and build on from there. 

My guesses are:

Us: around 9/10th finish with a decent cup run.

WWFC: around 12th but out the cups early doors to focus on league.

The arrival of Portugal No 1 Rui Patricio at Molineux on a free transfer is "imminent" apparently - could be announced today.

3 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

They have to capitalise on their momentum. We sort of did with spirited performances against Everton (last gasp draw), Arsenal (draw), Chelsea (defeat but decent performance), Stoke (away win) and Man Utd (5-3!) but then went on a huge slump that saw us almost nailed on for relegation.

Every promoted team will have some sort of slump. Brighton, Huddersfield and Newcastle did this season. It's how they cope and how they drag themselves out of it that's the question.

We've seen how Wolves are when they're top of the league and winning every week. The question is how will they cope when they haven't won for 6 games?

I think they'll stay up, but we'll finish higher.

^ saved me the effort of typing it.

• Like 1