Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

World Cup TV Coverage. ITV or BBC or R5/TalkSport

World Cup TV Coverage. ITV or BBC or R5/TalkSport  

88 members have voted

1. 1. As the title explains...

• BBC
    • ITV
    • Radio 5
    • TalkSport

BBC, they still have their fare share of idiots like Phil Neville but their coverage is better on the whole.

I do enjoy Bilic on ITV showing everybody up with his depth of knowledge and experiences.

Ryan Giggs is the second dullest man on Earth, only Rhodri must be duller.

Edited by Wookie
  • Haha 1

I only watch the actual game and turn the commentary down or off so don't mind either. 

I'm more pissed off when they follow a player after an event or some name in the stand when the game is still in play rather than the game or action replays of some half chance.

I just like it to be like I'm actually there.

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Anything with the heroic commentary of Mark Lawrenson.

He and Glenn Hoddle would ruin anyone's coverage. Also WTF was Dion Dublin doing as a pundit for R5 on Thursday's game?

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Didn't tune in, but punditry I would imagine.

Just as well you missed it, he was pretty rubbish. Should stick to Homes Under The Hammer, where he isn't that great either.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

He and Glenn Hoddle would ruin anyone's coverage. Also WTF was Dion Dublin doing as a pundit for R5 on Thursday's game?

Glenda's a weirdo but he knows what he's talking about and actually analyses the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I actually don't mind the female pundits. Don't understand how anyone can have a problem with it. Do you need a pair of nuts to have a valid opinion?

I like Alex Scott on the BBC. Seen Aluko doing punditry before and I'm not impressed. I mean she's just told us that Ronaldo's free kick was better than Kolorovs's and the reasoning being it was Ronaldo. No other reason, nothing about the technique etc. Nothing against her because she's a woman, just because she's shite. Lee Dixon is shite too.

Think we'll start seeing Alex Scott in more presenting roles next season. Saw her doing the odd reports to the end of last season.

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sadly neither BBC or ITV are close to Sky in any aspect really

I think that Sky should be allowed to screen the games but on the agreement that they put them all on free to air or be allowed to show them alongside the free channels. 

• Like 1

You can watch BBC coverage with Five Live commentary with the red button, good if you don't want to endure the misery of having to spend 2 hours in the company of Jonathan Pearce paired with Danny Murphy (or worse Martin Keown lol).

I like the female pundits in general, they are more intelligent than some of their male counterparts and don't come with a chip on their shoulder.

Speaking of the intros, the BBC one this year is horrendous like the intro to one of those national lottery gameshows or a shit 90s travel show.