Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Musaaaa

Interesting to see him against Argentina.

They've got no pace in defence so he could leave them trailing in his wake.

Still don't think he's got much football intelligence though … just

a skilled pace merchant … Gray is similar unfortunately.

Mahrez is on a different level to the pair of them.

16 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Interesting to see him against Argentina.

They've got no pace in defence so he could leave them trailing in his wake.

Still don't think he's got much football intelligence though … just

a skilled pace merchant … Gray is similar unfortunately.

Mahrez is on a different level to the pair of them.

Would Gray score either of those two goals though? I say no. Say what you want, but Musa is better.

• Like 3

I remember Vardy's first year at Leicester, he found it difficult, hevsaid himself that he thought he would quit football. But he came good after a season or two. 

May be the same with Musa.

15 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Would Gray score either of those two goals though? I say no. Say what you want, but Musa is better.

Grays a winger, Musa’s a number 9. 

Pretty much as was just about every forward we’ve signed since being in the Prem.

Thank God we finally signed Maddison rather than another player who plays in Vardy’s position who gets zero game time.

Clear em all out now apart from Nacho.

His finishing was fab.

Yet we have seen him anonymous in games.. and fail to make impact from the bench.

Are we failing to  manage him right... does the way we play fail to offer him the right role.

Have we failed to make him psychologically ready?

Fwds are the most expensive players to buy... before we cast him out we need to see if we can figure out how to make sense of him. Vardy is 32. We need these options in games and in the long term

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

Isn't there a pattern forming? Like a butterfly emerging from a chrysalis in the summer, he has a brief moment of phronetic action whereupon a couple of stunning goals are scored before dying a death prior to the main football season. Sadly, football season also coincides with the period where new mates are sought and best opportunities for the purchase of African petrol stations. That's nature for you!

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

His finishing was fab.

Yet we have seen him anonymous in games.. and fail to make impact from the bench.

Are we failing to  manage him right... does the way we play fail to offer him the right role.

Have we failed to make him psychologically ready?

Fwds are the most expensive players to buy... before we cast him out we need to see if we can figure out how to make sense of him. Vardy is 32. We need these options in games and in the long term

According to anecdotal reports in the press, supposedly based upon his own testimony, Musa has felt overwhelmed by the intensity of the Premier League which he wasn't prepared for. He has purportedly found the pace, physicality, and the proximity of fans "dizzying" - and yet yesterday he produced one of the most dazzling lone performances of the tournament on the greatest stage of them all. Perhaps it feels removed? surreal? or maybe it's because he's accustomed to playing in Russia? Whatever, the pressure, expectation of a nation and the intense scrutiny following the last performance was ratcheted up and he delivered. 

I, amongst others have criticised his commitment, movement off the ball, positional play, game intelligence, first touch, and finishing - all of which were superb yesterday.  Can he do this in the Premier League. All that I will say is that, this was not the drilled and disciplined Iceland that England froze against two years ago...it wasn't even the team that drew with Argentina last week. They bunkered in for this one and looked like a shambolic post-Pulis West Brom. Nigeria came at them and got the deserved win.

Musa will be attending a state ceremony to be handed the keys to Buenos Aries for this. 

• Like 1

Musa is decent if space is left in behind the defence.  It's clear he has pace and SOME ability but to say he is a world beater after two goals yesterday is ridiculous.  His first was a fortunate first touch that he just smashed and his second was decent pace but terrible defending!  I'll give him some credit but lets see how good he is when the opposing team has 10 men behind the ball and he has to use craft and guile to be beat a man!

Thank god we never managed to sell him despite our best efforts since January. Let's face it, I think most of us 24 hours ago would have been relieved to see Musa leave at a loss or even on a free if it meant his wages were off the books. Now, we are reading hilarity such as this:

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/arsenal/arsenal-fans-tell-club-to-sign-ahmed-musa-after-brilliant-nigeria-display

Unbelievable. But what do we do? Will Puel even want to give him a chance?

• Like 1

Nigeria hero unsure on Leicester City future

Ahmed Musa will not make a decision on his Leicester future until the World Cup concludes but would "love" a permanent return to CSKA Moscow.

Musa made the headlines following his brace against Iceland on Friday where Nigeria registered 2-0 in Group D to set up an all-or-nothing clash with Argentina. The 25-year-old joined Leicester from CSKA in 2016 but failed to settle in the Premier League and returned to the Moscow club on loan in January, scoring seven goals in all competitions.

Although he revealed a return to CSKA would be ideal, Musa has not ruled out staying at Leicester for the 2018-19 season.

"I have to go back to Leicester, but the decision to stay - I can't decide for now. In the next two weeks, I can decide if I'm going to stay or leave. Coming back to CSKA, yeah, if it's possible I would love to, it's my die-hard club. There is nothing I can pay them for the past seasons I've been with them other than to say 'thank you very much," Musa told a news conference after taking his tally to four World Cup goals.

"They helped me get back to the style of play I had today. Were it not for CSKA, I would not have been in the World Cup," he added. 

https://www.futaa.com/ke/article/157537/nigeria-hero-unsure-on-leicester-city-future

Despite some saying we're quick to slate off players, Musa came with an enormous baggage considering the transfer fee we paid for him, had a decent amount of chances in an LCFC shirt and has flattered to deceive ever since we've signed him.

Maybe it's the pressure, maybe it's the position we played him, personally, I'd just be happy if we could close this chapter and finally move on, recoup the money we spent and strengthen in areas we desperately need to strengthen. Left midfield/left wing, for example (Hazard? Elyounoussi?), left-back or centre-back. And pending the Mahrez outcome, a talented right midfielder/winger who can put his own stamp on matches.

Despite all of this, I'd never slag Musa off personally, I wish him well and that he continues to shine at the World Cup.
Edited by MC Prussian

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

All I ask is you stop making stereotyped, somewhat racist jokes. Grow up.

It’s a bit of light hearted, tongue in cheek ‘humour’. Relax man. Happy for the guy, might not be for much longer but he’s still a city player so it’s great to see him have such an impact on a World Cup game

Guest bennytwohats
2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It’s a bit of light hearted, tongue in cheek ‘humour’. Relax man. Happy for the guy, might not be for much longer but he’s still a city player so it’s great to see him have such an impact on a World Cup game

I think stereotyped, somewhat racist jokes was more on point.

’Relax’, what’s a bit of casual racism between friends eh?

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Its just lazy though, people make the same joke about African players on this forum far too much.

I had to smile at Nacho begging for Musa to pass to him for the second goal -  a tap in. All three Leicester players did well but really only when the game opened up in the second half. Prem football is not like that hence Musa doesn’t seem to get on or adapt to it. 

his performance  was similar to the Barcelona game 2 summers ago.  I thought we may have a player then. I think it’s all about the type of match but he’s clearly good in knock out games as his record speaks for itself.

5 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

I think stereotyped, somewhat racist jokes was more on point.

’Relax’, what’s a bit of casual racism between friends eh?

Nothing to do with race. Their have been high profile cases of Nigerian sports people age frauding. Think that was the joke the poster was making

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

As far as I can remember (I may be wrong so feel free to correct me) Musa has only played as a center forward once for leicester, when he came on as a sub against Everton away in the FA cup and scored twice. Obviously more of a striker than a winger where we have been playing him.

He's a number 9, not a winger. As a winger he's a headless chicken. Play him on the wing and he will look bad.