Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Musaaaa

... lovely goal, shame we don’t see that at the KP (not that we see him on the pitch) so hopefully we can sell him following the WC as he’s clearly another square peg in a round hole at the club.  Best of luck to the last.

*Spends all day being busy at work, then goes out with workmates so not having any idea about the football today*

*Get's home at 10:30pm*

*Turns on computer then opens BBC sport website to see what I missed in the football (instructed wife not to spoil anything)*

*Sees Nigeria 2-0 Iceland*

*Wonders who scored*

MMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!  x2

YAY!!!!

• Like 1

I'd like to see Musa be given a chance in all fairness to him. The one spell under Ranieri where he had a run of about four consecutive games he looked to grow in confidence. At that point he appeared to be improving game by game then suddenly Ranieri dropped him and he was rarely seen again. 

I know he's not had much game time under three different managers but I do wonder if that's more to do with hearsay which has snowballed based on other people's biased/skewed opinions rather than approaching him with a fresh set of eyes. 

Edited by ian_marshall
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

He’s clearly the ultimate example of a confidence player. 

Make him feel wanted, give him some love, and he’ll be a useful squad member.

Or cheer him sarcastically, boo him if he comes off the bench and slate him on every medium going.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The mooted 3-4-1-2 (which I don't think will happen) would see the need for more strikers.

Like Slimani, under utilised, slated, abused, played out of position. The notion that all players need to turn up instantly or they get laughed out of the club doesn't sit well with me.

Said it before, he makes stuff happen and as a wild card type player he'd be useful to have about. Not a world beater, but good enough for game time at a mid level prem team.

The lack of planning behind some of our recruitment has been criminal.

I think more than that though if we build our style around having a speed merchant up front and we only have Vardy if he gets injured then we have to change our whole approach. Musa as back up pacy striker and impact sub would mean we aren’t relying on one man.

Now I would say George Thomas would be a great option in that role in the coming season,

• Like 1

Just now, Captain... said:

I think more than that though if we build our style around having a speed merchant up front and we only have Vardy if he gets injured then we have to change our whole approach. Musa as back up pacy striker and impact sub would mean we aren’t relying on one man.

Now I would say George Thomas would be a great option in that role in the coming season,

He's not a striker and not particularly quick either though.

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Obviously me and you have a very different idea of what passes for fun. 

I find things like a few beers in a beer garden in the glorious sunshine fun. Or maybe even a music gig. I don't particularly enjoy slagging off and ridiculing players from my own team. I take pleasure from Leicester players successes not their failures.

I don't know what he has or hasn't done for Nigeria so I will take your word that he is a "player with that many appearances and goals for a country like Nigeria." Congratulations to him but regardless anything he has done for Nigeria does not appear to have brought any benefit to LCFC and based on what i have seen of him during his period at Leicester I  have my doubts it ever will. This is not  game of snakes and ladder score two goals and you're on a ladder to the top miss two and its down the snake you go. Unfortunately too many people on this forum think this way. He also scored two goals against Barcelona when he first arrived but despite this people much more in the know than me i.e. LCFC management decided that over the course of 1 and a half seasons (not one game) based on his performances in competitive games and at training he was not up to the level required to represent the club and as a consequence was moved aside on loan. These are the facts and statistically are more likely to be representative of what he can or can't do at Leicester than two goals for Nigeria.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's not a striker and not particularly quick either though.

He’s an attacking player, who from what I’ve seen of him likes to get in behind, he doesn’t have to be Vardy quick just have that instinct. I haven’t really seen enough of him, just struck me as someone that could play that role.

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

He’s clearly the ultimate example of a confidence player. 

Make him feel wanted, give him some love, and he’ll be a useful squad member.

Or watch him play as a Russian league player in the Russian world cup... He's in his own back yard.

Should we keep Musa over Slimani if we're only needing one spare 9? A like-for-like Vardy replacement or a big lump plan B on the bench?

Or should we get rid of both, presuming Maddison is first choice for the 10 spot and Nacho can be cover for both positions.

One swallow doesn't make a summer. We've had him for two years and o can only remember him looking decent in 4 games. (Barcelona friendly, Palace at home, Everton FA Cup & the Iceland game) But, i would be happy for him to have a second chance here, just look how Vardy started for us. He's clearly benefited from playing regular football with CSKA. 

Guest MattP

He still won't do it for us.

Some players throughout history have just excelled when playing for their country, he's clearly one of them.

Hopefully it means we'll get a decent few for him, might even make our money back.