Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

It says:

”I hope Thracian is OK. He's been gone for absolutely ages and he left under quite a dark cloud. I bet he just started a new account and just posted like a normal person. I wish he'd come back though. I miss Thracian."

Once, Thrace, three times a lady. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

There wasn't a queue of Europe's greats competing with us for Cambiasso's replacement a few seasons ago in N'Golo Kante.

Indeed and I don’t think anyone even had heard of Mahrez. If the guy comes, let’s give him at least 45 mins before we smash him to a pulp. 

I seem to recall last season a few a few pundits saying what a bad buy Salah would be for Liverpool. :jawdrop:

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

So if we don't get this guy who else are we realistically looking at?

The good thing about our recruitment team is there is no longer senior staff spouting off who our targets are. It's a closed shop and although we all want info, let's just remember that it's likely we won't know until much nearer completion so it's not the case we aren't trying to bring in a new winger.

• Like 2

No need to put Brighton down- they're a well-run club, ambitious and moving up in the world as we were 3 years ago.

Dismissing them is like Stoke putting us down when we were rumoured to be interested in Nzonzi- things in football can change fast and it tends to move in cycles of success and shite.

That said, I'd still like to believe that we're a more attractive proposition at this moment in time. 

Edited by Ted Maul
  • Like 3

I think I’d choose Brighton if I were him. Weird comment, I know, but my deciding factor would be the likelihood of guaranteed game time whilst he adjusts. At the level of salary either club will offer, the difference is secondary to playing for me. Factor in geography,too, and one is massively more appealing. If they go down, he’ll probably have negotiated some kind of release clause, anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Stonegold said:

I'm not sure why we even bother to put a team out , the lack of ambition from our owner  is there for all to see , the tight git has only spent 312 million of HIS own money on the team he has supported all his life , dragging them by the scruff of their insignificant withdean lives and chucking them into the slightly better built Amex Community Stadium and then expecting people to turn up week after week , cheeky fella .  

At least we will get to see him play twice a season and on the telly , and may i offer a apology on behalf of the club and fans for having the temerity to even ask the bloke if he wants to play for little old Brighton .   

Last season we were competing with Everton for a couple of players - Siggurdssen and Michael Keane.  Guess what, they both ended up at Everton.  Everton are a bigger club than us and will likely always beat us in a two way tussle for a player.

If Leicester are competing with Brighton for a player, I'd expect us to win the day for the same reason.  It's not arrogance, that's just reality and no point getting petulant about it. 

Having said that, I like Brighton and I was pleased that you stayed up.

40 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Competing with Brighton for a mahrez replacement ??

We competed with the likes of St Mirren for Mahrez...

His highlights reel hasn't got me sold at all, but who we are competing with means nothing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stonegold said:

I'm not sure why we even bother to put a team out , the lack of ambition from our owner  is there for all to see , the tight git has only spent 312 million of HIS own money on the team he has supported all his life , dragging them by the scruff of their insignificant withdean lives and chucking them into the slightly better built Amex Community Stadium and then expecting people to turn up week after week , cheeky fella .  

At least we will get to see him play twice a season and on the telly , and may i offer a apology on behalf of the club and fans for having the temerity to even ask the bloke if he wants to play for little old Brighton .  

Welcome to our forum, Stonegold.

I lived in Brighton, twice.

BHAFC has progressed light years from that season when they nearly went out of the league. I was at the last ever match at the Goldstone, if I remember rightly, against Donny Rovers. That was the worst game of professional football I have ever seen in my life. If the regulars on this forum think the likes of Junior Lewis were bad he would not have been out of place that afternoon.

If Jahanbaksh is the real deal I hope he decides to sign for us, but meanwhile, I hope you have a good season and consolidate your position in the Prem.

Yes, welcome @Stonegold. I admit to having a very soft spot for Brighton (or The Neds as my father has always called them). Out of loyalty to him, they were my first team (despite being from Leicester) and as a family we even went to the 1983 semi at Highbury. He lives down that way now and we went to the league cup tie with Barnet last August. Best of luck to us all.