Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

59 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Apparently this is a reputable iranian source 

22 million for him. 

Personally I am skeptical about him but whatever.

Interesting. So he has personally confirmed that he's coming to England, and only ourselves and Brighton have been linked to him lately (and now this ^^)... Anyone else heard anything?

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

What does the above say? 

It translates to; “Media close to Alkmaar announced Alireza Jahanbakhsh will soon be signing a contract worth € 22 million to Lashti-Sorti” as already posted.

are we saying Lashti—Sorti is Leicester City?

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

It translates to; “Media close to Alkmaar announced Alireza Jahanbakhsh will soon be signing a contract worth € 22 million to Lashti-Sorti” as already posted.

are we saying Lashti—Sorti is Leicester City?

This is the question. I guess it's closer to Leicester City than it is to Brighton?! :dunno:

• Haha 2

AZ finished 3rd. And he finished with 21 goals as a CAM. I know the Dutch league is hit and miss but Ziyech is highly rated and he had similar stats for Twente. 

It's obviously a risk but I'm willing to take it.

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Fair enough. I was putting it through google translate ??

Me too! If this has been agreed discretely before the world cup everything that has happened up til now (with not rushing the sale of Mahrez through, or getting involved with bidding with other possible targets) makes sense. 

I like this guy. I have concerns about his lack of speed, and he doesn’t do much of anything with his left foot, but he can score and his through balls to Vardy alone could be worth the price. 

Edited by The_77
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I like this guy. I have concerns about his lack of speed, and he doesn’t do much of anything with his left foot, but he can score and his through balls to Vardy alone could be worth the price. 

From Wikipedia (I know), but: 

"He has been praised for his assisting ability and has been described as a technically gifted player who is able to use both feet. In Holland, Jahanbakhsh established himself as a dangerous and pacy player."

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

as I said before on the Mahrez replacement topic this is happening, folks. 

we have been watching him for a long time. 

Thanks! I saw that, but wasn't sure if you were just being overly enthusiastic, or had heard something concrete!

4 minutes ago, The_77 said:

My thoughts exactly. He’s no slouch by all means and he does have a turn of pace but he isn’t Jamie Vardy with this overall pace. Then again, if he is played more centrally then pace isn’t so much an issue, it’s the acceleration over the first few yards which is key to getting away from the opposition and watching a few videos of him, his acceleration and his upper body strength shows that he can do this comfortably. I think from a physicality point of view, he would fit in well in the hustle and bustle of the premier league. Even if he is played out wide, we may not need to worry about lightning pace as much because it seems like our full backs will be told to push on, support and maybe even overlap which will naturally push players like Jahanbakhsh narrower and more central anyway. He looks a tidy player with the ball and his weight of pass and eye for goal make him a instant goal threat. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, martyn said:

From Wikipedia (I know), but: 

"He has been praised for his assisting ability and has been described as a technically gifted player who is able to use both feet. In Holland, Jahanbakhsh established himself as a dangerous and pacy player."

Hahaha. I could be totally wrong on those points; in fact, I’d be thrilled to be mistaken on them. :)