Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

What's our current net spend for this window ?

Pereira - £22m

Evans - £3m

Maddison - £22m

--Mahrez - -£60m+15m in addons 

Basically 13m better off as it stands. Not sure on all the add-ons and instalment permutations.

Don't think this has been posted yet but this is a weirdly prophetic article from January:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/my/features/7-eredivisie-players-who-premier-league-clubs-should-target-january-transfer-window?page=0%2C1&_format=amp

The Iranian wizard has been in magnificent form for AZ Alkmaar this season, contributing well beyond the eight goals and six assists which are very impressive in their own right.

Jahanbakhsh scored 11 goals in 2016/17 and was chosen as the best winger in Holland last season, but has improved even further this term.

Quick, two-footed, versatile, a very good dribbler, visionary and unselfish – he’s one of the most enjoyable players to watch in the Eredivisie.

At the age of 24, he looks destined for much greater things. Jahanbakhsh is expected to play an important role for Iran at the World Cup and it's probably good timing to sign him now – but he won't come cheap, as his contract with AZ runs until 2020. Leicester should consider him a decent option to replace Riyad Mahrez if the Algerian departs.

Possible suitors: Arsenal, Leicester

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

so he is Mahrez replacement i guess

not really hyped,i dont believe in players from dutch league but hope it goes well

I didn’t believe in players from the Conference Premier league either ?

His whoscored profile is excellent. https://www.whoscored.com/Players/133390/Show/Alireza-Jahanbakhsh

Very Strong

Through balls

Key passes

Dribbling

Long shots

Strong

Holding on to the ball

Passing

Defensive contribution

Weak

Crossing

No idea how good he is and there is a bias that he'll be poor due to his nationality and league he is playing but you really can't argue with the stats he is posting, they're phenomenal. Not against this but he comes with a big risk.

Watched the YouTube video. He seems a bit more physical that Riyad was. He could be a decent addition and hopefully in our 4-2-3-1 He can play as a right sider or number 10. Would assume right sided with Maddison and 1 of Gray/Diabate/Albrighton as the other player behind either Vardy or Nacho. 

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

His whoscored profile is excellent. https://www.whoscored.com/Players/133390/Show/Alireza-Jahanbakhsh

Very Strong

Through balls

Key passes

Dribbling

Long shots

Strong

Holding on to the ball

Passing

Defensive contribution

Weak

Crossing

No idea how good he is and there is a bias that he'll be poor due to his nationality and league he is playing but you really can't argue with the stats he is posting, they're phenomenal. Not against this but he comes with a big risk.

Pretty sure even I could score a hattrick against PEC Zwolle to be honest. 

Said his name on here a few weeks ago. 21 goals from the wing in a side that didn't come close to winning the league. I think you've got to have something about you.

On 07/05/2018 at 05:44, Dan LCFC said:

Amazingly I've come in this thread to throw Jahanbakhsh's name into the mixer only to find I've been beaten to it. A clear talent and a superb name to boot.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1