Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Pre Season - Notts County (A) Pre Match

I know it's early but i'm bored and got an email from Notts County saying they're wearing blue on Saturday so thought I might as well kick things off!

Tickets seem to be selling pretty well, they've even opened up more allocation now :)

On the note of kits... guessing we are either wearing the Grey and Orange number or launching our rumored white 3rd kit? 

World Cup players who didn't make it to QF's/SF's back this week also, so we are likely to see the Nigerian contingent at the weekend

Discuss away!

26 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

With just one match in July whoever sorted the pre season fixtures hasn't helped Puel

I'd like to think Puel had a say in friendly games?

Regardless of who it is, to only have 3 is absurd.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'd like to think Puel had a say in friendly games?

Regardless of who it is, to only have 3 is absurd.

I thought it was absurd to begin with... then I saw the level of fitness training they’ve been putting in and can only say I’m well impressed. Especially considering how unfit we looked last season.

Id imagine there will be another friendly or two, behind closed doors over the next two weeks though.

Our last two pre-seasons at least have been awful! The one after we won the league they just seemed to get so wrong with all the travelling - they were exhausted before the season even began. I would sooner three matches where they really put some effort in, rather than five where they don't show up at all. I know friendlies aren't meant to mean anything, but we weren't starting the year with any positive momentum. 

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I thought it was absurd to begin with... then I saw the level of fitness training they’ve been putting in and can only say I’m well impressed. Especially considering how unfit we looked last season.

Id imagine there will be another friendly or two, behind closed doors over the next two weeks though.

This is interesting, do you have any more information on pre-season? Additional emphasis on fitness being made this year?

We are playing less friendlies than any other Premier League team which is very interesting. But you could argue that with there being such a short space of time between the end of the World Cup and the first game (3 weeks!) that playing too many friendlies is not a good thing.

I imagine Puel is spending a lot of time on the shape of the team and our playing style, because it was obvious last year that we needed it. Hopefully it pays off and for that reason even if this match is going to be made up of most of our second team players, I am quite interested to see it.

36 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

Looking forward to this.

Where we all heading? ??

Brewhouse was the away pub for cov fans during the play offs... with it being a friendly though can probably go to most pubs around the ground! 

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I dunno. We have some new signings. We have a former Welsh International! 

A great signing for you may I add, hopefully he can help you guys in an area which never looked the same after Yates had gone. Good luck for the forthcoming season!