Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Stadium Expansion Plan Meeting

10 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

This looks stunning, hope king power turns out to be like this, our current blue around the stadium looks cheap 

...and mostly not our blue, well at least the front isn't unless you're a Cov or Man City fan.

• Like 1

Post on the thread on SkyScraperCity for this:

There is supposed to be a planning application in the new year. Hopefully there will be some images before that though, as was the case with the training centre.

The new stand should be almost as big in terms of capacity, as the whole of Filbert Street (all-seater version at the time of closure)...

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=153532912&postcount=107

21k just on one stand!?

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Post on the thread on SkyScraperCity for this:

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=153532912&postcount=107

21k just on one stand!?

With the current capacity of around 32k the east stand must be approximately 10k as it is, so with an additional tier and corporate boxes etc then it's not difficult to imagine it reaching 21k

• Like 1

Most new stadiums and expansions look the bloody same now. Can’t we have something a bit unique? And i’m talking about the inside, the actual stands where the action takes place - far more important than what the exterior looks like.

I have always envied the clubs that play at old grounds, they are far more recognisable. The new Spurs stadium looks like about 20 other grounds around Europe, in fact it doesn’t look much different to the Emirates....

Also, ffs if we’re going to extend a stand, give it a separate roof. This thing where they curve the roof instead looks pants, like they want to make it look as if the stand isn’t bigger than the others at all. Plus it hinders the acoustics.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Most new stadiums and expansions look the bloody same now. Can’t we have something a bit unique? And i’m talking about the inside, the actual stands where the action takes place - far more important than what the exterior looks like.

I have always envied the clubs that play at old grounds, they are far more recognisable. The new Spurs stadium looks like about 20 other grounds around Europe, in fact it doesn’t look much different to the Emirates....

Also, ffs if we’re going to extend a stand, give it a separate roof. This thing where they curve the roof instead looks pants, like they want to make it look as if the stand isn’t bigger than the others at all. Plus it hinders the acoustics.

Toilets that work would be a start. By that I mean they don't flood, run out of water, are easily accessible in and out, and don't have wheelie bins blocking the entrance/exit!

2 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

Toilets that work would be a start. By that I mean they don't flood, run out of water, are easily accessible in and out, and don't have wheelie bins blocking the entrance/exit!

I can't even remember what the bogs were like at the back of the Kop at Filbo. Probably as I never often had the pleasure given that I was younger and not having to go so often :blush: lol

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

I can't even remember what the bogs were like at the back of the Kop at Filbo. Probably as I never often had the pleasure given that I was younger and not having to go so often :blush: lol

When you managed to force your way through the crowd, when standing or later shuffling past those seated, you had a nice trough to splash yourself with, they should have bottled it and called it essence of old Kop :teehee:

• Haha 1