Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Stadium Expansion Plan Meeting

20 hours ago, Mark - Reading said:

Can I just clarify what I meant by souless I am talking about the acoustics and the visual look of the stadium both are very poor; Mainly because it’s was a flat pack stadium following the collapse of the bede island stadium which looked fantastic on plans

You cannot hear the other end of the stadium at some games because of its design, the noise goes upwards and out rather than rebounding like Coventry and Derby for example. You can see hands clapping but hear no noise. The former pictures have all been taken down which was a link to the past and sort of made it our him rather than the Ikea flat pack. It’s now a concrete bowl painted blue with King Power written all over it walk into Southampton for example it’s the same but red 

I’ve had a season ticket for 27 years now and even since I moved to Reading 3 years ago I still travel up for all the home games (although it’s getting very hard to get the passion for it at the minute) so I’ve been there full and empty remember we did exist before 2015 and those fans will remember the lows of Levin Holloway Adams etc my first games were under David Pleatt and then Gordon Lee so christ knows how I became hooked lol

for the first 10 years we sat in a half full stadium watching crap, sitting in almost silence many will remember those glamour games of Yeovil and 10000 in league 1 or the championship mid table with nothing to play for in front of 22000 week in week out, I was there like I’ll be there next week 

I never a big fan of Filbert Street but it was loud; the European nights of the late 90s the 8 years in the premier league we made some noise and being close to the pitch made people hate to play there but the view was no where near as good as we have now and the game has moved on

the last few years the stadium has been enhanced with TVs etc and like them or not the clappers have made the atmosphere better from 2015 with the introduction we have been louder than ever and TV people constantly talked about the atmosphere at the KP but I don’t know if it’s the style of football or the fact after 2016 we are now in a sort of mourning for the past but unfortunately it’s gone back to a library this year for 80 minutes of each game.  

This potential rebuild with a dome shape roof to bounce the noice back down and a unique design so that people look and say god I wana go to that Leicester ground, this gives us the chance to make this place deafening on a Saturday afternoon again but I fear it will be a Leeds or a Cardiff with a second tier just bunged on one side of the ground 

I certainly didn’t mean to offend anyone so please accept my apologies if I did 

Don't blame the stadium. It doesn't matter what they do with the stadium and acoustics etc has got nothing to do with the atmosphere. If the fans don't sing and chant or whatever, it's always going to be a crap atmosphere.

• Like 1

Personally I'm unconvinced by talk of an expansion beyond 40/41K, at least initially. 

There may be "long term" plans to do so, but I don't see an argument for doing it now. 

Consequently I'd be surprised if any initial expansion involved changes to more than one stand, maybe two at most. 

Anyway, we'll have to wait and see I suppose. 

24 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Personally I'm unconvinced by talk of an expansion beyond 40/41K, at least initially. 

There may be "long term" plans to do so, but I don't see an argument for doing it now. 

Consequently I'd be surprised if any initial expansion involved changes to more than one stand, maybe two at most. 

Anyway, we'll have to wait and see I suppose. 

The maximum the KP can extend to is 40k isn’t it? 

35 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Well, it was designed to be expanded to around 40k. That doesn't mean it can't be expanded further - it would just mean parts of it would have to be rebuilt.

I am sure I read somewhere that’s the max, it’s something to do with the structure and footings, I could be completely wrong though lol 

4 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I am sure I read somewhere that’s the max, it’s something to do with the structure and footings, I could be completely wrong though lol 

I believe it is as a simple bolt on extension, but I believe the plan is to completely rebuild the stand and only join the old structure to the new (similar to Liverpool), so new footings/foundation's will be put in place for the new part of the structure. 

13 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I think that's the max that the stadium was originally designed for, yes. That doesn't mean that part or even all of the stadium could be completely demolished and rebuilt, though. It would just cost a lot more than the expansion that the original designers had in mind.

Just at a business networking event at Villa Park and we have a lcfc stand there. 

Speaking to the guys they reckon that it’s definitely just the west stand and a total redesign of the rest. Most probably a Liverpool style build at the old EON site and then move it into place. Total capacity somewhere between 42/44000 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

Just at a business networking event at Villa Park and we have a lcfc stand there. 

Speaking to the guys they reckon that it’s definitely just the west stand and a total redesign of the rest. Most probably a Liverpool style build at the old EON site and then move it into place. Total capacity somewhere between 42/44000 

40.... 45 thousand.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Mullet1 said:

West stand ?. 

44 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

West stand ?. 

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I thought he meant West stand development, but reading it again, I think it suggests only the West Stand will be unaffected, with the eventual development of the other stands.

It’s been mentioned on this thread that the West Stand is too difficult/expensive to fully redevelop (I assume because of the glass front); my guess from what @Mullet1 said is that they’ll use the old EON site to build new east/north/south stands which can then be moved into place like Anfield so it doesn’t affect matches mid construction. 

In theory this means that you could technically redevelop the seating and concourse of the West stand by moving the pitch a few metres to the East. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I can’t be arsed to scroll through all the pages, but has there been any kind of blue print or design idea released? 

No, but some fans attended a meeting where I believe they were given an insight it what was being planned but were sworn to secrecy everything else is just rumour, speculation, tittle tattle with a chance that some of it is real.