Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Stadium Expansion Plan Meeting

Can I just clarify what I meant by souless I am talking about the acoustics and the visual look of the stadium both are very poor; Mainly because it’s was a flat pack stadium following the collapse of the bede island stadium which looked fantastic on plans

You cannot hear the other end of the stadium at some games because of its design, the noise goes upwards and out rather than rebounding like Coventry and Derby for example. You can see hands clapping but hear no noise. The former pictures have all been taken down which was a link to the past and sort of made it our him rather than the Ikea flat pack. It’s now a concrete bowl painted blue with King Power written all over it walk into Southampton for example it’s the same but red 

I’ve had a season ticket for 27 years now and even since I moved to Reading 3 years ago I still travel up for all the home games (although it’s getting very hard to get the passion for it at the minute) so I’ve been there full and empty remember we did exist before 2015 and those fans will remember the lows of Levin Holloway Adams etc my first games were under David Pleatt and then Gordon Lee so christ knows how I became hooked lol

for the first 10 years we sat in a half full stadium watching crap, sitting in almost silence many will remember those glamour games of Yeovil and 10000 in league 1 or the championship mid table with nothing to play for in front of 22000 week in week out, I was there like I’ll be there next week 

I never a big fan of Filbert Street but it was loud; the European nights of the late 90s the 8 years in the premier league we made some noise and being close to the pitch made people hate to play there but the view was no where near as good as we have now and the game has moved on

the last few years the stadium has been enhanced with TVs etc and like them or not the clappers have made the atmosphere better from 2015 with the introduction we have been louder than ever and TV people constantly talked about the atmosphere at the KP but I don’t know if it’s the style of football or the fact after 2016 we are now in a sort of mourning for the past but unfortunately it’s gone back to a library this year for 80 minutes of each game.  

This potential rebuild with a dome shape roof to bounce the noice back down and a unique design so that people look and say god I wana go to that Leicester ground, this gives us the chance to make this place deafening on a Saturday afternoon again but I fear it will be a Leeds or a Cardiff with a second tier just bunged on one side of the ground 

I certainly didn’t mean to offend anyone so please accept my apologies if I did 

• Like 3

Guest Markyblue
49 minutes ago, Mark - Reading said:

Can I just clarify what I meant by souless I am talking about the acoustics and the visual look of the stadium both are very poor; Mainly because it’s was a flat pack stadium following the collapse of the bede island stadium which looked fantastic on plans

You cannot hear the other end of the stadium at some games because of its design, the noise goes upwards and out rather than rebounding like Coventry and Derby for example. You can see hands clapping but hear no noise. The former pictures have all been taken down which was a link to the past and sort of made it our him rather than the Ikea flat pack. It’s now a concrete bowl painted blue with King Power written all over it walk into Southampton for example it’s the same but red 

I’ve had a season ticket for 27 years now and even since I moved to Reading 3 years ago I still travel up for all the home games (although it’s getting very hard to get the passion for it at the minute) so I’ve been there full and empty remember we did exist before 2015 and those fans will remember the lows of Levin Holloway Adams etc my first games were under David Pleatt and then Gordon Lee so christ knows how I became hooked lol

for the first 10 years we sat in a half full stadium watching crap, sitting in almost silence many will remember those glamour games of Yeovil and 10000 in league 1 or the championship mid table with nothing to play for in front of 22000 week in week out, I was there like I’ll be there next week 

I never a big fan of Filbert Street but it was loud; the European nights of the late 90s the 8 years in the premier league we made some noise and being close to the pitch made people hate to play there but the view was no where near as good as we have now and the game has moved on

the last few years the stadium has been enhanced with TVs etc and like them or not the clappers have made the atmosphere better from 2015 with the introduction we have been louder than ever and TV people constantly talked about the atmosphere at the KP but I don’t know if it’s the style of football or the fact after 2016 we are now in a sort of mourning for the past but unfortunately it’s gone back to a library this year for 80 minutes of each game.  

This potential rebuild with a dome shape roof to bounce the noice back down and a unique design so that people look and say god I wana go to that Leicester ground, this gives us the chance to make this place deafening on a Saturday afternoon again but I fear it will be a Leeds or a Cardiff with a second tier just bunged on one side of the ground 

No need to apologise everyone is entitled to their point of view. I firmly believe in the owners and don't think for a minute the expansion will not be the dogs. 

5 hours ago, Mark - Reading said:

I am talking about the acoustics -  the noise goes upwards and out

I believe it goes inwards and down towards the pitch that's why we continually get told by the players how great it is.  Which suggests to me if you want to hear it more in the stands it will have less impact on the pitch, whether it's too much of one who knows maybe there's a happy medium?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mark - Reading said:

10.000 in league 1 ?? Our average was 20.000

• Like 3

5 hours ago, chapero82 said:

This is what I was referring too. Unique and big instead we pushed out Barry Peirpoint because he fell out with MoN and we opted for the cheaper flat pack version  

27 minutes ago, Mark - Reading said:

This is what I was referring too. Unique and big instead we pushed out Barry Peirpoint because he fell out with MoN and we opted for the cheaper flat pack version  

So true that was planned to be 40000 as well it’s a shame what they opted for in the end 

Reading AKCJ 's post it got me thinking let's get the architects who designed Atlanta's Mercedes-Benz Stadium, it' a damn fine arena stadium where you feel that your not stuck in just your own seat but can walk around and love the digital screen going all the way around the top instead of having it on the ground around the pitch 

8 hours ago, Mark - Reading said:

It was probably more to do with finance. Even the cheaper option stadium put us into administration. The financing of the stadium was a disaster.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
18 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

It was probably more to do with finance. Even the cheaper option stadium put us into administration. The financing of the stadium was a disaster.

Not that much of a disaster, we emerged from the ashes and the rest is history.  But yes very worrying times.

On 09/10/2018 at 17:05, Spudulike said:

Can't think of any other stadiums that have hosted title wins of the top 3 tiers of English football.

Soulless ?? :nigel:

I'd assume Molineux, Portman Road and Turf Moor have- it's the only one of its kind to host a top flight title win for a long time though.