Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes1

It's Our Fault for the high transfer fees

Burnley must have pulled £200-270m from TV alone over the last 3 seasons. Where is the money going? It hasn’t been given to Dyche to spend on transfers, I’m sure they haven’t spent a fortune on stadium and training ground upgrades either. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

He paid £15m for Chris Wood lol

He scored 10 goals last season in the PL despite having only 20 starts and 3 sub appearances. He also scored 27 goals in 44 games the season before at Leeds. I admit that Wood doesn't look the part at this level but he has the knack of scoring and could end up being good business. How many other PL clubs would love a striker with his sort of record? 

5 hours ago, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

He scored 10 goals last season in the PL despite having only 20 starts and 3 sub appearances. He also scored 27 goals in 44 games the season before at Leeds. I admit that Wood doesn't look the part at this level but he has the knack of scoring and could end up being good business. How many other PL clubs would love a striker with his sort of record? 

I don’t think the signing of wood is in question; merely the amount paid for a championship player

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

I’m not knocking Chris Wood, he’s a decent enough goalscorer. I was making the point that Dyche is a hypocrite, spending £15m (before the market went crazy) on a striker relatively untested at PL level.

4 hours ago, SystonFox said:

I don’t think the signing of wood is in question; merely the amount paid for a championship player

In hindsight, maybe a lot or even too much money for a Championship player.

However, he's one of the reasons they finished 7th and are now playing in the Europa League.

Should they get past the qualification stages, they'll have recouped that money spent rather easily.

• Like 1

On 21/07/2018 at 10:17, MrsJohnMurphy said:

And to think some wanted him as our manager, I couldn't cope with the constant moaning

If he was our manager, it'd be interesting to see if he actually spent 'big' money or stuck to his guns.