Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes1

It's Our Fault for the high transfer fees

I rate him as a manager but comments like this put the bigger clubs off him (if he's looking for a bigger move).

Yes, I get his point about Championship players being too expensive but thats football inflation and he should be used to it by now.

15 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Will be pretty amusing to see how they fare on Saturday afternoons after arriving back from a 3G pitch in Zagreb on a Thursday night. Think this season might be their downfall :D 

Not trying to be picky but don’t teams that play Europa League on a Thursday play the following Sunday not Saturday.....One way or another I agree with the view that they will find it more draining this year given their limited resources 

4 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Not trying to be picky but don’t teams that play Europa League on a Thursday play the following Sunday not Saturday.....One way or another I agree with the view that they will find it more draining this year given their limited resources 

Not sure that they'll make it to the EL group stages tbh. They will definitely struggle in the PL if they do.

Spent £14mill on Brady 2 years ago and £15mill  on Wood hardly bargain basement Championship prices especially as I doubt he had much competition for those players.

• Like 1

He's getting in the excuses early. The lack of transfer activity speaks volumes about how they'll be managing their European adventure/ Premier League campaign. They produced the goods last season with a tight squad with little rotation other than due to injuries/suspensions. Anyone with sense knows that a European qualifying campaign and a tough league fixture list, playing on Thursday and then on Sat/Sun means you need much better depth in your squad to do well in at least in one and perhaps averagely at the other. But given the 1st team quality, there'll be a big drop off.

Dyche knows he should have done business early in the window if he wanted to avoid big fees, and last minute arrangements. It's clear that that they have no intention of supplementing the team and may need to bomb out of a pointless European exercise (one that we avoided) that might endanger Premier League status and put the club in relegation territory.

There are some teams coming up that have strong teams and considerable money behind them, and are reinforcing for a fierce campaign, Burnley are sticking not twisting, and their fans are going to be pissed.

Edited by sphericalfox

5 hours ago, Max Power said:

Geezer is obsessed with our finances. Weirdo. 

Often wondered why he hasn't worked in the financial sector, considering he moreorless mentions about costs etc each time he's interviews

Reckon he'd be great at auditing.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

I think £25m for one of Engand's most exciting prospects is great business by us.  He will be worth double this time next year.

How long can Burnley keep pleading poverty for?  They get the same TV money as everyone else, a good amount for finishing 7th and European football next year.  It seems he just wants to be little Burmley upsetting all the odds on a shoestring.  To be fair, they have done an excellent job of it so far but it will catch up with them in the end.

Seems to me Burnley are at a crossroads.  Do they want to be forever little Burnley or do they want to play the game and see what they can really achieve?  

Edited by murphy

Burnley's issue is that Dyche is central to everything that's happened to them, they'll struggle big time when he eventually goes. We've been horrifically run on occasion over the last 5 years but because we aren't terrified of spending the yearly c. £90m tv money we've been fine despite having a new manager every season.

7 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

The stupid **** wanted Jay Rodriguez and Craig Dawson for £25m so he can’t say shit. @lancyclaret don’t you get bored of his whinging and talking about other clubs sometimes?

Other clubs? You mean us. No wonder so many hate Burnley. About time the prem had a word or a rule about things like this. No need what so ever for him to name us or talk about us.

The man is obsessed with us.

• Like 1