Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Chris Mepham

Just now, Babylon said:

Yes remember all the moaning when they were in for Keane and we signed Maguire for half the price... worked out ok didn't it.

Thank you for cheering me up....  i am just sad that as soon as we have some talent it gets picked off by big ckubs and everton.... keeping us in our place.

Did maguire work out if he leaves after just 12 months

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Long Lost Bee said:

Morning Foxes. The fee required to buy Chris Mepham is £20 million. There will be add ons to that figure, as that’s how the club operates. Is he worth it, Yes. Will the club sell for less, No. we haven’t sold a player for the last 4 years for a figure less than what has been placed on him by the club and we certainly wouldn’t with Chris. We have a very good structure in place for recruiting players which has been mentioned in another post. 

Hi Bee. 

£20m is a bit steep. We can offer you £15m plus a packet of Quavers and duty free vouchers for Bangkok airport? We have decent offers on aftershave and Toblerone. 

We'll throw in a crate of Chang/Singha if we can wrap this up before Thursday. 

Cheers. 

• Haha 3

On 04/08/2018 at 11:15, brookfox said:

I’m as excited about this as I am disappointed with Ghezzal. And I’ve never seen either of them play or had actually even heard of them before we were linked! Funny how the brain works.

It's what happens when you listen to small fish in a small pond.

Guest Markyblue
29 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Thank you for cheering me up....  i am just sad that as soon as we have some talent it gets picked off by big ckubs and everton.... keeping us in our place.

Did maguire work out if he leaves after just 12 months

I would say so 75million if sold is pretty tidy profit on his purchase fee.

1 hour ago, Long Lost Bee said:

Morning Foxes. The fee required to buy Chris Mepham is £20 million. There will be add ons to that figure, as that’s how the club operates. Is he worth it, Yes. Will the club sell for less, No. we haven’t sold a player for the last 4 years for a figure less than what has been placed on him by the club and we certainly wouldn’t with Chris. We have a very good structure in place for recruiting players which has been mentioned in another post. 

This echo's the amazing deal we got with Jonny Evans.

Cheap as chips! :scarf:

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

I would say so 75million if sold is pretty tidy profit on his purchase fee.

It's what the club does with all that profit though isn't it? 

Mahrez for example.. 60m and how much of that spent on his 'replacement '...Ghezzel.. 10M!

A big downgrade. 

If Maguire is sold (75m) and he's replaced with Mepham (15/20m) that's another big downgrade... So Where's the £100/110m left over from these two deals going?.. 

The team is far weaker and increases our chances of relegation considerably. 

8 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Mahrez for example.. 60m and how much of that spent on his 'replacement '...Ghezzel.. 10M!

A big downgrade. 

If Maguire is sold (75m) and he's replaced with Mepham (15/20m) that's another big downgrade... So Where's the £100/110m left over from these two deals going?.. 

The Mahrez money has been spent.

5m on Ghezzal.

20m on Maddison

20m on Ricardo

12m on Ward

3.5m on Evans

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

A big downgrade. 

Try looking at it another way, we are replacing Mahrez by shifting the load all around the pitch. So that £60m has actually got us Ricardo, Maddison and Ghezzel who all need to chip in attack wise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Long Lost Bee said:

Dor those of us that don’t really know this guy from Adam, how would you describe his attributes? 

Guest Markyblue
13 minutes ago, weller54 said:

A big downgrade. 

Not saying I want him to go ,just answering the question of whether or not it was worthwhile having him for a year. I don't get the money so I would sooner have a stronger team.

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Try looking at it another way, we are replacing Mahrez by shifting the load all around the pitch. So that £60m has actually got us Ricardo, Maddison and Ghezzel who all need to chip in attack wise.

One way of looking at it I suppose... But playing Devil's advocate, I would suggest Pereira was Simpson's replacement,  Maddison for Okazaki?.. 

In Maddison's case we've been crying out for a proper No 10 for a long while and can't see what his signing has to do with Mahrez’s replacement? 

Currently we have broken even from transfers in and out of the club this summer, maybe even actually have a positive net profit including the Musa sale and others to come in by deadline day.

Fans are disappointed for a couple of reasons but mainly that we’ve not invested in proven quality when we know there is another £100m in the bank from the premier league/sky and seem to have taken the cheap options.

Edited by wattolcfc

3 hours ago, Long Lost Bee said:

I honestly don't know anything about him, what's he like? Pacey, Brings the ball out from the back, pick a pass, hoof it out etc

22 minutes ago, weller54 said:

One way of looking at it I suppose... But playing Devil's advocate, I would suggest Pereira was Simpson's replacement,  Maddison for Okazaki?.. 

In Maddison's case we've been crying out for a proper No 10 for a long while and can't see what his signing has to do with Mahrez’s replacement? 

I'm talking about replacing his contribution to the team, that's going to be a group effort. It was always the most sensible way, rather than chucking £35m at one player. So the £60m went into the group and not just one man. Could / should we have got better for a positional replacement, yes I'd say so. But I don't for one minute think he was first choice, something has screwed us up and we're making do for the moment.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm talking about replacing his contribution to the team, that's going to be a group effort. It was always the most sensible way, rather than chucking £35m at one player. So the £60m went into the group and not just one man. Could / should we have got better for a positional replacement, yes I'd say so. But I don't for one minute think he was first choice, something has screwed us up and we're making do for the moment.

Yep.. Understand what you're saying! 

10 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

1 player out has funded 5 quality players - that’s good business IMO

We've bought five quality players?

You actually think Ward and Ghezzel are good business? On a completely unrelated topic I've got some magic beans for sale, PM for a once in a lifetime price.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, foxpleasure said:

Everton in for Keane... Leicester in for Maguire

Agreed. would also sooner pay 20m for Mepham than an even more inflated 30m for Mina. Mepham's form is relatively transparent. Mina is a Barcelona reject whose price has over doubled for the privelige of wearing a nice badge during 5 alleged poor performances. They had several other overseas players they could have sold or hot rid of but they chose him? He's posdibly a decent prospect but certainly no more than a 12-15m gamble for a big lump to try and adapt to a faster Premiership. 

• Like 4