Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Chris Mepham

4 hours ago, Livid said:

Let's just walk away from this and get Benkovic. 

If we really do have a chance of Getting one of the most promising players in the country, then we need to hold our nerve.

you've also clearly never signed a wonderkid on football manager

Edited by MPH
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Long Lost Bee said:

From what is out there it would need to be 20 plus add ons. This kid is destined for a top 6 club eventually.

There is always wiggle room in transfers, no disrespect but with no Premier League experience  it’s a massive gamble even though he has played well for you guys. £17 plus add ons should do it in my opinion 

Edited by FoxyPalace.com

7 hours ago, Long Lost Bee said:

From what is out there it would need to be 20 plus add ons. This kid is destined for a top 6 club eventually.

Hope you get it mate. Not to sound arrogant or patronising at all but between our Billionaire owners, our champions league money, The Mahrez sale and the obscene Premier League TV deal we can afford it. Nice to see some of that cash trickle down the league's to sides that do need it.

However we signed James Maddison for a similar price a couple of months ago whose been sensational in pre season and you probably know all about. I know it's different positions but would you really have mepham at that level?

Wasn't Sam Hughes going to be something special when we signed him.. Isn't he the same age as Mepham? 

He did brilliantly for the academy side last season (even ended up as top scorer I believe?)...

Quite clearly he's not going to make the step up into our first team squad despite his potential and efforts for the U23's last season. 

If we sign Mepham it sounds like curtains for Hughes! 

13 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Wasn't Sam Hughes going to be something special when we signed him.. Isn't he the same age as Mepham? 

He did brilliantly for the academy side last season (even ended up as top scorer I believe?)...

Quite clearly he's not going to make the step up into our first team squad despite his potential and efforts for the U23's last season. 

If we sign Mepham it sounds like curtains for Hughes! 

Agreed why not promote Johnson this season and Hughes next season.

I think Puel would do that but the recruitment staff would rather sign players.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Shane said:

It's a fine balance, isn't it.

I would love to see the kids come all the way through the academy into the first team but then when you get the opportunity to sign someone with just that little bit more than what you've got do you turn it down ?

1 minute ago, NewquayFox said:

I think this deal is dead as we look like signing Benkovic, also agree that Johnson & Hughes are capable of making the step up....

Good luck to Mepham as he sounds a decent prospect...

Just now, Lovejoy said:

If Benkovic is close, this will be canned, surely?

Looking like Benkovic is the cheaper option. Would be a good signing too. I like the look of Hughes and Johnson (sounds like a law firm); Johnson in particular looks like he's ready to step up. Wouldn't want to rely on the two academy lads if things went pear shaped though so Benkovic will be a great backup with Hughes and Johnson traveling with the squad & playing in cup games etc. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Hope you get it mate. Not to sound arrogant or patronising at all but between our Billionaire owners, our champions league money, The Mahrez sale and the obscene Premier League TV deal we can afford it. Nice to see some of that cash trickle down the league's to sides that do need it.

However we signed James Maddison for a similar price a couple of months ago whose been sensational in pre season and you probably know all about. I know it's different positions but would you really have mepham at that level?

Yep, I seen Maddison a few times. You’ve got a hell of a good player there. Meps is not at his level yet in his position. But is seen as one of the best Central Defending talents in the Championship. His ability is very plain to see and appreciated by all the fans. Plus he’s only just turned 20 and has plenty of development potential. He’s up there with some of the best talent we’ve ever produced. Ryan Giggs rates him very highly in the Wales team. Our clubs owner is a real fan from childhood he owns Matchbook and Smartodds both betting analyses companies ( that’s why we keep unearthing talent , but that’s another story ) I guarantee that if it comes to dealing for Meps whether it’s with Leicester, Bournemouth and now  West Ham are rumoured to be interested. He won’t blink first.

Personally I would love him to move to your club. Got a soft spot for Leicester as my family are close friends with Andy Kings family and I’ve always looked out for your results.

• Like 3

Why would Brentford accept 15m?

He's already had half a season of excellence at that level. A full season and he's starting regularly for Wales, potentially in the EFL Team of the Year and worth maybe double in today's market. 

2 minutes ago, Long Lost Bee said:

I sincerely hope he stays. We are going for promotion this year and need his talent to help us get there.

Tough ask this season I think the teams going up will be.

WBA.

Aston villa.

Middlesbrough

3 minutes ago, Long Lost Bee said:

I sincerely hope he stays. We are going for promotion this year and need his talent to help us get there.

There's that many teams in the championship i dislike or hate that i wish the Bees good luck this year by default.

I don’t agree that our CB options are that weak.

We have 2 strong CB’s (Maguire & Evans) and a 7/10 (most weeks) performer in Morgan. Yes 7/10. Maguire made just as many mistakes as Morgan last season, but Morgan was the scapegoat. Morgan has looked solid in pre season bar the one mistake, he is not John O’Shea or Wes Brown in their later years because he can actually defend. 

Plus Johnson, who could adapt to the PL just like Rashford, Winks, Alexander-Arnold and the many before them, all did because they were given the chance to do so. 

Btw this isn’t a Morgan love in, next summer he needs to be replaced. Just saying our CB options isn’t all doom

and gloom.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Because they'll probably never be good enough?

I've not seen enough of either player to make a judgement but history tells us only a handful of players every decade make the step up from the development squad to the first team. A lot of these good kids will be playing League One football at 27.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Shane said:

I don’t agree that our CB options are that weak.

We have 2 strong CB’s (Maguire & Evans) and a 7/10 (most weeks) performer in Morgan. Yes 7/10. Maguire made just as many mistakes as Morgan last season, but Morgan was the scapegoat. Morgan has looked solid in pre season bar the one mistake, he is not John O’Shea or Wes Brown in their later years because he can actually defend. 

Plus Johnson, who could adapt to the PL just like Rashford, Winks, Alexander-Arnold and the many before them, all did because they were given the chance to do so. 

You might, just MIGHT, encounter some contrary views shortly.

Just to warn you...

• Haha 2