Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Rachid Ghezzal signs.

48 minutes ago, Alex007 said:

He's bad at everything... 

Just ask yourselves : is there a player who have failed in Ligue 1 (in two differents teams) and who suddenly succeed in Premier League ?? 

Could be historic for you !! 

Ay up me duck, how's it goin'?  You sound an absolute hoot and so humorous and wise.  Can we be pals?  X

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Alex007 said:

Tonight, I'm not "raging"... I'm just happy.... 

Ghezzal becomes the 3rd most expensive algerian player ! 

You seem very salty though for someone who claims to be happy. Ghezzal might not be the best player, but what kinda happy person joins another club's fan forums to talk shit about a player he's happy to get rid of?

Edited by Redouane
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Monaco don't think he's good enough. That's a club that's used to wingers like Kylian Mbappe, Bernardo Silva, Thomas Lemar, Yannick Carrasco, Rony Lopes, Balde Diao etc.

Good point.

1 minute ago, teblin said:

Remember the year we won the league we signed Nathan dyer (I know it was on loan)

I admire your optimism but he barely played because we had Mahrez and Albrighton on fire. Now we no longer have Riyad and Albrighton will do well to replicate that form.

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Those two signings aren't inexpensive at all though. They'll probably cost the best part of £40m over the length of their contracts.

In Ward and Ghezzal we've bought two players in their mid 20's that have relatively failed in their careers who have cost £25m between them and probably will take another £16m out in wages. Both have come here to be squad players and sold by clubs who wanted rid of them with no other suitors.

I can accept if they were both highly rated teenagers who we've took a punt on and even if they never progressed I can accept that as well. I've never criticised the Kaputska signing as it looked a good punt at the time but it will probably never work out. Ward and Ghezzal have failure written all over it, the likelihood is we've started filling our squad up again with more mediocrity on players whom are neither good enough or young enough to improve drastically. 

• Like 3

Here's a better Ghezzal compilation. Looks to be a capable winger:

Let's face it folks, these days squad depth is as important as quality. We need capable players who can come on when there are injuries. Seems a decent signing.

Edited by Pete from the USA
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Redouane said:

You seem very salty though for someone who claims to be happy. Ghezzal might not be the best player, but what kinda happy person joins another club's fan forums to talk shit about a player he's happy to get rid of?

The kind of person who is absolutely depressed by his team (lost yesterday 0-4 against PSG)... So depressed by his team and the transfer window, that he thinks the best move for Monaco so far is Ghezzal in Leicester... 

And, sorry, but now, I'm not here to talk shit... I'm telling the truth, in a fun way, but, believe me, I'm serioius now, and I'm sorry for you and all the fans here, but Ghezzal he's a bad player, not made for the Premier League, and the transfer fee has no logic... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It feels like we’re a second rate Man Utd just spunking money away like this.

Never thought I’d see the day where Leicester had more money than sense.

Did you see us under Ericsson? 

1 minute ago, Pete from the USA said:

Here's a better Ghezzal compilation. Looks to be a capable winger:

Let's face it folks, these days squad depth is as important as quality. We need capable players who can come on when there are injuries. Seems a decent signing.

This appears to be the one I watched yesterday where he doesn’t get a single goal or assist.

In all seriousness I’m only joking and he deserves to be given a chance, hopefully he is better than Diabate.

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I can accept a punt on a young player, low cost low wages like Diabate. For what we've paid this is ridiculous, he's done absolutely nothing to warrant that price really and neither has the keeper we signed.  £20m+ on two players that won't improve the team one bit and with the keeper you could argue wasn't even needed. Insanity, that money could have been spent on a player with a chance of actually getting into the team.

Sadly I couldn’t agree more 

Just now, Alex007 said:

The kind of person who is absolutely depressed by his team (lost yesterday 0-4 against PSG)... So depressed by his team and the transfer window, that he thinks the best move for Monaco so far is Ghezzal in Leicester... 

And, sorry, but now, I'm not here to talk shit... I'm telling the truth, in a fun way, but, believe me, I'm serioius now, and I'm sorry for you and all the fans here, but Ghezzal he's a bad player, not made for the Premier League, and the transfer fee has no logic... 

I didn't even know Monaco had fans. It's sole purpose is being PSG and Man City's academy. 

Tout les supporters de Monaco sont des footix. Les vrais monegasques s'en tapent completement de ce club... 

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Albrighton - 

An assist every 4 games 
A goal every 14 games

Gray - 

An assist every 18 games
A goal every 6 games

Ghezzal -

A goal every 5 games
An assist  every 4 games

on last seasons stats / mins played 

Great how you can twist an argument in your favour by the subjective use of stats.

I‘ll give it a try myself.

Ghezzal‘s last two Ligue 1 seasons (Olympique Lyonnais & AS Monaco):

52 matches, 4 goals, 8 assists.

:nigel:

Looks to me like he has a bit of talent. But like alot of wingers misuses it. 

From the YouTube video I think there is something there. Maybe Puel can make him consistent.  Maybe it'll turn out he doesn't adapt to the PL and we're trying to offload him next summer. This type of player could go either way. 

3 minutes ago, Alex007 said:

That's because you sold us your best player. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jesus christ guys, let's give him a chance. I agree we're probably not all getting hugely excited about this signing but the slating he's getting is ludicrous. In this day and age it's hardly a huge amount of money and it's worth a risk. We must remember he's not Mahrez but anyone we got would not be either so let's see what he brings first before we slate him 

• Like 2