Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Islam Slimani to Fenerbahce (Loan)

56 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Really? I’ve read ad naeseum about the money we wasted after we won the league, and the £30 million for Slimani in particular. 

Even today someone was going on about it in the context of Jon Rudkin’s proficiency or otherwise. 

for a record fee i'm surprised i dont read/hear more about him. seems only a few weeks ago people wanted him back for some strange reason.

3 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

for a record fee i'm surprised i dont read/hear more about him. seems only a few weeks ago people wanted him back for some strange reason.

Well that I do agree with, why people want him back and think he is the answer, I’ve no idea. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

Really? I’ve read ad naeseum about the money we wasted after we won the league, and the £30 million for Slimani in particular. 

Even today someone was going on about it in the context of Jon Rudkin’s proficiency or otherwise. 

Yes it’s almost like this is turning into some Leicester  themed football forum or something 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Memes aside, I'd give him another chance. Even in that admittedly hilarious video, he is at least in the box on the end of crosses, something we have been crying out for all season especially when Albrighton was fit and firing.

Honest question - would you rather have Slimani taking that last bench spot right now, or Iheanacho? Because I'm sure we could just as easily make a comedy reel of Nacho Man's ineffectiveness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Memes aside, I'd give him another chance. Even in that admittedly hilarious video, he is at least in the box on the end of crosses, something we have been crying out for all season especially when Albrighton was fit and firing.

Honest question - would you rather have Slimani taking that last bench spot right now, or Iheanacho? Because I'm sure we could just as easily make a comedy reel of Nacho Man's ineffectiveness.

? Kalechi. 

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Does anyone know why slimani hasn’t made the fenerbache side or even the squad for the last few games now. Can’t seem to find anywhere that he is injured either?

He isnt injured, he is just out of favour. If i remember correctly he has only scored once (maybe twice?) since his loan started.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

He isnt injured, he is just out of favour. If i remember correctly he has only scored once (maybe twice?) since his loan started.

Some Algerian/Fenerbache (or both) fan posted a video on here, showing quite a few glaring misses he has made during his time there so far.

Don't believe that he can be recalled by LCFC, as they have first right to buy him (should they wish to) at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Some Algerian/Fenerbache (or both) fan posted a video on here, showing quite a few glaring misses he has made during his time there so far.

Don't believe that he can be recalled by LCFC, as they have first right to buy him (should they wish to) at the end of the season.

I remember watching that video, it wasn't pretty. Correct me if i am wrong but i seem to recall there was quite abit of talk in the press that Fenerbache wanted to return him to us in January and we said no? 

Feel sorry for the guy in a way, he looked great on paper when we bought him and since then his career has plummeted. 

15 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Expensive but not the worst by a long way. In fact I would go as far as saying he is a decent player, who scored some big goals for us. The issue was he and Vardy didn't work out well together and because we overpaid we have found it hard to shift him on. It has turned out to be a waste but I think compared to players like Musa and sadly Silva, Slimani did actually make a good contribution for us. Last season I think he was even the top scorer in the League Cup up until we got knocked out.

Don’t get this at all

He’s been playing rubbish - nearly 30 mill and the club loaning him have dropped him.

Rudkin must have been having a bad summer

I wonder what will happen when he returns? Fenerbache will go nowhere near him I suspect

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

Every chance to his feet in the box and he seemed to need that extra touch, which you just don’t get the time for in the PL. 

He didn’t look that bad at Newcastle, when he was fit!! 

Fenerbache haven’t had a great season and it’s easy to pick him out as the in loan whipping boy. Yes he’s missed some sitters but all their problems aren’t down to Slim. 

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I doubt Slim will ever play for the club again, but to say he's our worst ever signing just isn't true. He literally scored the winning goals for us in several games including a Champions League game against Porto.

He will of course go down as a very expensive mistake. I suspect we will loan him back to Sporting next season but be paying for most of his wages. but honestly I think Slimani would have more of an impact as a squad player than Ihenacho from what we have seen of both so far. Slimani could put the ball in the back of the net!

I meant worst ever signing re. Money spent. I’m sure you understood me?

And I stand by it. He’s been an incredible waste of money at a time when we could have gotten in some quality players.

23 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I doubt Slim will ever play for the club again, but to say he's our worst ever signing just isn't true. He literally scored the winning goals for us in several games including a Champions League game against Porto.

He will of course go down as a very expensive mistake. I suspect we will loan him back to Sporting next season but be paying for most of his wages. but honestly I think Slimani would have more of an impact as a squad player than Ihenacho from what we have seen of both so far. Slimani could put the ball in the back of the net!

In his first season he contributed either a goal or an assist every 113 minutes. He certainly wasn't worth the money but equally he wasn't an awful player by any means. We overspent on an effective but limited striker without giving any real consideration for how he'd fit into our team and style, which wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't then done the exact same thing the next season with Iheanacho

2 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

What is it with the poxy music on these videos, anyway I think ironically he’d have had more goals had he stayed when we were pinging all those crosses in to absolutely no one! 

Without that sort of crap music around, we would have a much more difficult job picking out the best tunes/songs ;)

We would have got way more out of that 30m if we played him properly and if Vardy liked him. Imagine spending all that money on a bloke that lives off crosses and being in the box, and playing him as a 2nd striker expected to help build up play.