Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Islam Slimani to Fenerbahce (Loan)

29 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Bring him back. Play him up top with Vardy. Ask him to bring players into play and attack our crosses. Don't have him running around, let Vardy do that.

He cant hack the pl... lord knows we tried and we prayed... we should have had rondon from wba for the job

Edited by foxinsocks

10 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

He cant hack the pl... lord knows we tried and we prayed... we should have had rondon from wba for the job

Robson’s doesn’t score enough. I like him but a run of 5 games without scoring and he’d get slated.

Slimani’s record here is fairly decent, especially for a target man.

19 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I would bring him back. Look at the amount of crosses that go to waste. I don't think he's been that bad for us when he's played. Get's a bad rap in my opinion - plus is nacho is any better?? 

The spell he had at Newcastle on top of the spell he is currently having speaks volumes about him as a player 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Dont think it would take long for Slim to catch up to Vardy's 4 goals this season. 

It's 5 actually and i was referring to his contribution over the past 3 seasons. And I would put my house on it that slimani would not score 5 goals from Jan till the end of the season. 

• Like 1

I don't 100% know where I stand on Slim coming back. I think we'd have more of a goal threat than we currently have but I'd be a little concerned he would impact negatively on the squad as a whole. I have no evidence of that other than bits and pieces I read on here but if there's any truth to it, a return could backfire spectacularly.

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I don't 100% know where I stand on Slim coming back. I think we'd have more of a goal threat than we currently have but I'd be a little concerned he would impact negatively on the squad as a whole. I have no evidence of that other than bits and pieces I read on here but if there's any truth to it, a return could backfire spectacularly.

That's something I'd like to be confirmed. The guy was never really liked by some fans from the get go. Exactly the same who're spreading this "bad apple" thing. Not saying that it ain't true but the source(s) lack(s) credibility.

9 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Didn't Vardy only agree to sign his latest contract on the condition that Slim left?

I don't want him back here whether that's true or not. His goal ratio wasn't bad, but he was a poor player. Just look at his record since he first left on loan. 

Sounds like something the sun newspaper would Write

Just now, That_Dude said:

That's something I'd like to be confirmed. The guy was never really liked by some fans from the get go. Exactly the same who're spreading this "bad apple" thing. Not saying that it ain't true but the source(s) lack(s) credibility.

Agreed. If that's a non issue, then his return is unlikely to make us less potent. He'd be no more than a sticking plaster though, based on his last two years. 

We're unlikely to be able to sell him so, if the stories of team mates not liking him are fabricated, it would make sense to bring him back for a greater goal threat and to hope he makes a decent fist of it and becomes an attractive proposition for another club.

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

That was the rumour Bert posted. Have a look at the date Vardy signed his new deal and Slimani left.

Thanks. I thought it was someone ITK.

IIRC, didn't Vardy sign the new contract shortly before Slim left? I don't think it makes much difference, anyway. If the rumour is true, then Vardy could have just been given assurances that Slim was transfer-listed and wouldn't play again.

The issue with slimani is that he is just a finisher. Rondon might not score every game but he chases the ball down, holds up well and brings players around him into the game. 

Being tall and good at heading doesn’t always mean you’re a good target man.  You’ve got a better chance of slims first touch getting an assist then him actually flicking one on for someone. 

Edited by Lambert09