Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Islam Slimani to Fenerbahce (Loan)

10 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He's a frustrating player but would currently offer more than Nacho. You'd know he was on the Pak and Albright on would keep him fed. Nacho is sadly anonymous.

Your obviously seeing more in his recent games than Fenerbache are. They are not trying to ship him back in January for no reason. They also have labeled him the worst player in the last 25yrs.

Hes in a poor league and still can't do it. Personally I don't want the mardy arse anywhere near our squad. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Your obviously seeing more in his recent games than Fenerbache are. They are not trying to ship him back in January for no reason. They also have labeled him the worst player in the last 25yrs.

Hes in a poor league and still can't do it. Personally I don't want the mardy arse anywhere near our squad. 

To be honest I'd rather we didn't

14 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I suspect the loan fee from Fenerbahce is the last dosh we can expect from anyone unless he gets unloaded on the Chinese or Saudis which doesn’t seem to be a thing anymore . Might have no choice but bring him back if they can pull the plug on the loan. 

From what I've read I get the impression they will send him back and pay the loan fee in full. Unless they can wriggle out of it. 

39 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

He's under contract until June 2021 on 80k a week, only 2 and a half years of him lingering around the training ground with Silva :( 

Club will have to discuss whether it's worth taking a massive loss on the headline figure to save on wage costs. Three-ish more years at £80,000/week is like another £12 million. We'd probably accept £15 million for him now.

For a player that will have cost us almost £50 million in just transfer fees and wages over the length of the contract, it's generally been awful, especially this last year or so.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Beechey said:

Club will have to discuss whether it's worth taking a massive loss on the headline figure to save on wage costs. Three-ish more years at £80,000/week is like another £12 million. We'd probably accept £15 million for him now.

For a player that will have cost us almost £50 million in just transfer fees and wages over the length of the contract, it's generally been awful, especially this last year or so.

Do you really think we’d get 15 million for Slimani at the moment?

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not a chance. But we may get someone to take him if we give them £15m.

Forget the fee the only clubs that can afford his wage would not touch him with a barge pole. From his showings last season to date he'd be over paid on £20k.

One major feck up from start to finish. Don't even get me on Silva. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

With amortisations, I reckon so. Wouldn't expect much more than £10m up front though. Frankly if he's destined to leave, just get him out - getting his wages off the books is more important than the fee we get I think.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beechey said:

With amortisations, I reckon so. Wouldn't expect much more than £10m up front though. Frankly if he's destined to leave, just get him out - getting his wages off the books is more important than the fee we get I think.

Taking into account his wage I think £10m in total is still pushing it. 

I also hope Rudkins lost all contact details for sporting robing cvnts. 

Just now, sylofox said:

Taking into account his wage I think £10m in total is still pushing it. 

I also hope Rudkins lost all contact details for sporting robing cvnts. 

It depends on what he demands for his wages for sure. Nobody will want to pay him £80,000/week.

Like I said, just getting him off the books is worth about £12.5m in itself.

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

It depends on what he demands for his wages for sure. Nobody will want to pay him £80,000/week.

Like I said, just getting him off the books is worth about £12.5m in itself.

If the £80k a week is true I see him going nowhere. He won't get paid that by another club so will sit and sulk. 

• Like 1

Leicester City reject approach to take player back despite club’s wishes

Fotomac report Fenerbahce have contacted Leicester City with regards to sending Islam Slimani back but the Foxes are said to have rejected the idea.

The Algerian striker is currently having the worst spell of his career and he’s scored one league goal in eleven games for Fenerbahce this season.

Slimani’s overall contribution has also been criticised in the Turkish media and he’s been labelled as one of Fenerbahce’s worst ever signings.

Due to his disappointing performances, Fotomac report Fenerbahce officials were looking to send him back to Leicester City in order to get him off their wage bill. The Leicester City loanee earns more than €4m with the Istanbul club, which makes him their top salary.

Despite Fenerbahce’s wishes, Fotomac say Leicester City are not ready to take him back as they want Slimani to complete the season with the Super Lig club

Since there is no clause in the agreement with the Premier League club to make this happen, Fenerbahce are now ready to look at other forwards ahead of the next window.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-reject-offer-take-player-back-despite-clubs-wishes/

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

He's under contract until June 2021 on 80k a week, only 2 and a half years of him lingering around the training ground with Silva :( 

Whaaaaaaaa

:schlupp:

I know not my money but this is terrible business, I though he's 50k tops. Vards is our top earner and gets 100k (after a raise) ! fuchssake

Edited by Chester Dontlie

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

If the £80k a week is true I see him going nowhere. He won't get paid that by another club so will sit and sulk. 

Shockingly overpaid. I think our best hope will be loaning him out until his contract ends, and we'll still have to pay most of his wages.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Leicester City reject approach to take player back despite club’s wishes

Fotomac report Fenerbahce have contacted Leicester City with regards to sending Islam Slimani back but the Foxes are said to have rejected the idea.

The Algerian striker is currently having the worst spell of his career and he’s scored one league goal in eleven games for Fenerbahce this season.

Slimani’s overall contribution has also been criticised in the Turkish media and he’s been labelled as one of Fenerbahce’s worst ever signings.

Due to his disappointing performances, Fotomac report Fenerbahce officials were looking to send him back to Leicester City in order to get him off their wage bill. The Leicester City loanee earns more than €4m with the Istanbul club, which makes him their top salary.

Despite Fenerbahce’s wishes, Fotomac say Leicester City are not ready to take him back as they want Slimani to complete the season with the Super Lig club

Since there is no clause in the agreement with the Premier League club to make this happen, Fenerbahce are now ready to look at other forwards ahead of the next window.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-reject-offer-take-player-back-despite-clubs-wishes/

I've obviously either been lazy or oblivious. This report states that Fenerbache are paying his entire wage every week, is that a well known fact? If he's costing them 4m, that's 80,000 x 50 weeks basically. We are very light up front, as practically everyone seems to concede, but I'd be inclined to leave Slimani where he is if his wages are being paid right now and try to get someone else in. 

Edited by Max Wall

46 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

He just posted an Instagram story wearing a Leicester shirt...:ph34r:

Not really, he screenshotted an Algerian fan page saying that we had turned down his January return, and he added LOL in response to the screenshot.

Now whether the LOL is sarcasm towards the clubs involved, or whether he's trying to call it out as fake news, who knows :dunno: