Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Islam Slimani to Fenerbahce (Loan)

On 05/12/2018 at 22:15, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He's a frustrating player but would currently offer more than Nacho. You'd know he was on the Pak and Albright on would keep him fed. Nacho is sadly anonymous.

Have you not been reading the thread? How does a 2 goal so far in the Turkish League player offer more? He is absolute shite and should never play for us again.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox

Not for one minute suggesting this is the case, but using Mendy  as an example, it’s clear he is a talented footballer, but due to injury/not playing/ loss of confidence, most would have moved him on, but he looks every inch a player now, it is clear there is a player in both Slimani & Silva tbf we just haven’t managed to get the best out of them....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why are people taking a tiny sample (his time in Turkey) and using that as evidence of what he's like as a player? He was smashing them in as a player in Portugal, he got 8 goals and 5 assists for us in a small number of starts when he first joined. He played about 300 minutes of football last season for one reason or another, so he's basically starting again with a new team after a year of not playing. We should know very well that sometimes managers don't get the best out of players, or players can have bad starts before improving.

He's got his issues, he can't keep himself fit for long being a massive one. He's wildly up and down in what he does on the pitch. But he made stuff happen more often than not for us.

I'm not sure he's that much of a better option, he's up and down just as much as Nacho. But if he got another shot, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I just don't think Puel thinks he's technical enough. We're crying out for people who can control a ball, and pass and move consistently.

Nice to see someone post a sensible well thought out reply ?

18 hours ago, Babylon said:

Why are people taking a tiny sample (his time in Turkey) and using that as evidence of what he's like as a player? He was smashing them in as a player in Portugal, he got 8 goals and 5 assists for us in a small number of starts when he first joined. He played about 300 minutes of football last season for one reason or another, so he's basically starting again with a new team after a year of not playing. We should know very well that sometimes managers don't get the best out of players, or players can have bad starts before improving.

He's got his issues, he can't keep himself fit for long being a massive one. He's wildly up and down in what he does on the pitch. But he made stuff happen more often than not for us.

I'm not sure he's that much of a better option, he's up and down just as much as Nacho. But if he got another shot, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I just don't think Puel thinks he's technical enough. We're crying out for people who can control a ball, and pass and move consistently.

Have a look at his record at Newcastle as well. Add to this it is well known he is a negative influence around the club. Why would you want him anywhere near Leicester again?

If you want to pretend he has been anything other than shite then that is up to you. The Turkish League is at best Championship standard and he is currently the worst attacker in the division. 

• Like 1

Watched him play against Anderlecht the other week and he was dreadful. His confidence looks shot.

The striker I really wish we had held on to is Andrej Kramaric. He's scored in his last seven games for club and country.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Have a look at his record at Newcastle as well. Add to this it is well known he is a negative influence around the club. Why would you want him anywhere near Leicester again?

If you want to pretend he has been anything other than shite then that is up to you. The Turkish League is at best Championship standard and he is currently the worst attacker in the division. 

What’s the saying, “only as good as your last game”

Newcastle had a look at him for 6 months and didn’t want nothing to do with him.

Shite in Turkey this season, but let’s go back 3 seasons and talk about how he started.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

His record at Newcastle, hats off to you getting anything from those 131 minutes. lol

Portugal is probably better and certainly no worse, yet he managed to rip it up there for years. Once again, all your doing is living up to exactly what I said and judging people on a tidy fraction of their career, and mostly on him playing fort a new club after basically a year out. 

As for the negative influence stuff, I'm sorry but what is the actual source of this? People on here who are frankly more wrong than they are right. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

His record at Newcastle, hats off to you getting anything from those 131 minutes. lol

Portugal is probably better and certainly no worse, yet he managed to rip it up there for years. Once again, all your doing is living up to exactly what I said and judging people on a tidy fraction of their career, and mostly on him playing fort a new club after basically a year out. 

As for the negative influence stuff, I'm sorry but what is the actual source of this? People on here who are frankly more wrong than they are right. 

image.png.4dfdb62b4697a7f76303ef746a9b4846.png

He had one good season for SPORTING, Dost has done it every season he played for them and he hardly had a spectacular record prior to going there.

Wouldnt describe that record as ripping it up for years

2013/14 8 goals - 26 Games

2014/15 10 goals - 28 games

2015/16 27 goals - 34 games

On 07/12/2018 at 15:48, lgfualol said:

Still think he is suited for the Prem in the right side. Would score a ton in a crossing side if he was played in his right position and not a number 10...... 

We do seem to cross it into the box a lot. I reckon Slimani would do a better job that Kelechi is now standing in for Vardy.

I think we just need to forget Slimani and just sign a new striker. Hes not going to come back to us and all of a sudden start hitting the numbers that Vardy does. It will be very difficult to get a good enough striker for what we need in January, so it will most likely come in the summer. If we were going to bring a loan player back to help our attacking threat then it needs to be Barnes, not Slimani. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

I think we just need to forget Slimani and just sign a new striker. Hes not going to come back to us and all of a sudden start hitting the numbers that Vardy does. It will be very difficult to get a good enough striker for what we need in January, so it will most likely come in the summer. If we were going to bring a loan player back to help our attacking threat then it needs to be Barnes, not Slimani. 

Dont think it would take long for Slim to catch up to Vardy's 4 goals this season. 

No chance of receiving a transfer fee, couldn't give him away due to ridiculous wages and length of contract. Our head of recruitment was supposedly attracting the interest of West Ham,  utterly incredible. Slimani, Silva, Ienanacho...... among the worst signings in the club's history. No effective scouting or research, no planning, no negotiating skills regarding transfer fees and contracts -millions down the pan!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

If the rumours of Vardy refusing to sign a new contract until Slimani had ****ed off are true then it should be interesting when he comes back.

If that's true we should have fvcked both of them off. Just as bad as the Wes picks the team Rumour. 

If these rumours are true we really need to rid the club of these players. No I don't care what they did for us. They have been paid very well for that but they don't run the club and are not bigger than the club. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sylofox said:

If that's true we should have fvcked both of them off. Just as bad as the Wes picks the team Rumour. 

If these rumours are true we really need to rid the club of these players. No I don't care what they did for us. They have been paid very well for that but they don't run the club and are not bigger than the club. 

True. Cant think of any other club that has such rumours about their players. 

On 08/12/2018 at 10:45, Hammo said:

Watched him play against Anderlecht the other week and he was dreadful. His confidence looks shot.

The striker I really wish we had held on to is Andrej Kramaric. He's scored in his last seven games for club and country.

Make that eight in eight. He scored again yesterday. And he'll be aiming for nine in nine when he plays for Hoffenheim at Man City in the Champions League on Wednesday.

7 hours ago, yorksfox said:

No chance of receiving a transfer fee, couldn't give him away due to ridiculous wages and length of contract. Our head of recruitment was supposedly attracting the interest of West Ham,  utterly incredible. Slimani, Silva, Ienanacho...... among the worst signings in the club's history. No effective scouting or research, no planning, no negotiating skills regarding transfer fees and contracts -millions down the pan!

Roma might drop in a cheeky £2 mill pound bid