Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Guest Cujek
Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Me too, maybe after Brendan gets poached by Barcelona after we beat them in the Champions League final in 2023. 

He is doing well at Watford!

Guest Cujek
2 minutes ago, Suffolk exile said:

Why? He was brilliant for us, a legend. But we have moved on. 

I was just joining in with the Ex-Manager talk, i forgot to quote the post i was hoping to refere this to.

as such my post seems a little out of context.

but having said that, never say never!

11 minutes ago, Cujek said:

He is doing well at Watford!

He has definitely got them going. He was exactly what was needed. Listening to Huth on radio 5 he spoke about his disciplined approach - something that had been lacking with more recent Watford head coaches?

Edited by Suffolk exile

Guest Cujek
Just now, Suffolk exile said:

He has definitely got the going. He was exactly what was needed. Listening to Huth on radio 5 he spoke about his disciplined approach - something that had been lacking with more recent Watford head coaches?

i have watched Watford only second to Leicester this season and there is no way they should be where they are with that squad.

they was unlucky against Liverpool (as everyone is) they totally bossed Villa off the pitch.

they just needed, as you say, someone to kick them into shape.

Trouble is with Maguire, and paying that sort of money for any player, you expect a great great player..... he isn't that and never will be. Van Dijk cost Liverpool £75m but he is class and without him Liverpool struggle, he's the type of player that makes the other centre back look decent. I think Carragher described him as a "big brother" type which is correct. I saw it in Huth and I see it in Evans here.

I think Man Utd fans thought they were getting their Van Dijk, or their new Vidic/Ferdinand/Stam but Maguire isn't on their level. They still need an actual World Class centre back, which we've come to learn that they always have (I mentioned the likes of Vidic and Stam there).

• Like 2

Guest Cujek
1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Happy if Watford take points of teams around us, otherwise I couldn't give a toss how he does.

Fair enough