Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

Anyone who watch us through the David Pleat years truly has blue blood.

Hand up on this one. I watched them before during and after the pleat years , yet it never entered my head to switch my support. Thick and thin should really be the clubs motto, and lets face it more thin than thick.  Fore the life of me I'll never understand why anyone could support other than where they come from?:dunno:

Edited by TRAD-DAD
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

This. I love Leeds and I'm desperate for them to come up but I've seen a few on here envious of them and Newcastle for being one club cities when it isn't the case. Leeds is full of folk that don't support them, partly because non native students settle there on account of it being the best city in the UK, others glory supporters that have grown up with Leeds being a bit shit. On a pro rata basis they should be filling Elland Road out every week regardless, it doesn't happen.

Don't quite know how anyone could be envious of a club with such racist supporters? And if you think it's the best city in the UK you need to get out and around a bit more.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TRAD-DAD said:

Don't quite know how anyone could be envious of a club with such racist supporters? And if you think it's the best city in the UK you need to get out and around a bit more.

Nah it is the best city in the UK 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

This. I love Leeds and I'm desperate for them to come up but I've seen a few on here envious of them and Newcastle for being one club cities when it isn't the case. Leeds is full of folk that don't support them, partly because non native students settle there on account of it being the best city in the UK, others glory supporters that have grown up with Leeds being a bit shit. On a pro rata basis they should be filling Elland Road out every week regardless, it doesn't happen.

+ a strong R/L tradition.Leeds do pick up a large amount of support nationwide.I call them the thinking mans glory fan.Prepared to do the hard work,but knowing that eventually they will see a period of success.

4 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

+ a strong R/L tradition.Leeds do pick up a large amount of support nationwide.I call them the thinking mans glory fan.Prepared to do the hard work,but knowing that eventually they will see a period of success.

Seen any 'Leeds United are shit' graffiti around? The equivalent for the Rhinos obviously worked wonders when I was there :P

3 hours ago, TRAD-DAD said:

Hand up on this one. I watched them before during and after the pleat years , yet it never entered my head to switch my support. Thick and thin should really be the clubs motto, and lets face it more thin than thick.  Fore the life of me I'll never understand why anyone could support other than where they come from?:dunno:

I remember me and my mates watching a mini training/ tactics session on the filbert street pitch  before they had an away game - all the players came out and gave us their autograph before they got on the coach. We were waiting for David Pleat... he came out, saw us  with our autograph books and said “ oh, you’re waiting for me are you?” to which we all grinned and  nodded. he had a bag with him and said “ Let me just put this on the coach and i’ll be back’. He got on the coach told the driver to drive off and left us standing there like mugs.

Anyone who can still support City after that burn deserves credit, imho

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

It is strange how some people support a team. My two boys and daughter we born in Surrey and only ever lived in Dorking where I moved to in the mid 80's. I took them to see Chelsea and Palace, offered to get them season ticket for a local team, they went to a few matches but always wanted to support Leicester City and the Tigers, I did warn them it would be a very frustrating thing to do, but they have stuck with it and glad they did. Dylan, my youngest boy is now at Uni in Leicester, loving it and going to as many matches as possible.

I'm in a similar boat to your lads: Born at Surrey Royal and never lived in Leicester but my dad's dad was a huge City fan so he made sure I followed the family club.  My mum briefly tried convincing me to follow Chelsea which honestly just makes me feel sick thinking about.

Anyone see the NYE fireworks in London just now? Blue and silver fireworks going over over a background of Nessun Dorma, right in the middle of the football themed section. We must have had a City fan on the planning committee! 

• Like 3

I was born in a house on Belvoir Drive East, around the corner from the training ground. My dad took me to my first game when I was 4 in 1978 and I was hooked - best thing my dad ever did for me. Zero choice about who I supported and got a bit of stick at school for it but who’s laughing now eh?! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BeeFox said:

Anyone see the NYE fireworks in London just now? Blue and silver fireworks going over over a background of Nessun Dorma, right in the middle of the football themed section. We must have had a City fan on the planning committee! 

Thought this too. Must have been an homage to us! 

Andy Reid, please... We're a bigger pull than you actually think and our scouting network will make sure we don't sign players just for the sake of it, it has to be a fit for everyone involved.

Has served us well in the recent past.

1353198314_AndyReidBBC.thumb.png.a08fbc1e7f494191aa2a7ca2d4566b0f.png

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Andy Reid, please... We're a bigger pull than you actually think and our scouting network will make sure we don't sign players just for the sake of it, it has to be a fit for everyone involved.

Unless we buy a winger.

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

About as wide of the mark as Lawrenson’s predicting a Newcastle win today 

Where do these idiots come from lol 

I think he makes a good point.  We need to be very astute.  I think we need CB cover but otherwise would be happy with no incomings.

And definitely no outgoings!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1