Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

29 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

how did you become a leicester fan, out of interest. 

I have family in Braunstone. Was down visiting most summers when I was young and got took to games when possible. Usually end of season games or preseason. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Neither of us are gonna win the league , and both Leicester and Spurs are capable of finishing above each other. Its a coin toss. But their logic and reasoning is odd. "If one of Leicester's key players get injured....." you mean Ndidi, Ricardo, Castagne, Soyuncu etc ? 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I think Spurs have more reason to worry. Kane or Son out for long, as invariably happens, and they will struggle to maintain a table topping challenge.

I see a lot of pundits ruling out anyone out of the traditional challengers, even Spurs. It seems they can't get their head around what is actually happening. The big 6 will not finish in the top 6 league positions this season. You can quote me on this in May.

Also the mention of, "are you telling me Kane, Son and Bale wouldn't walk into the Leicester team." Well they're the only ones who would and I remain to be convinced on Bale, as I judge players on form, not reputation. (For the record, Bale hasn't played badly, just not enough.)

Let them say what they want. Who cares - I seem to remember a similar dismissal a few years back.

That having been said, I do think they are right when they suggest that the impact of us losing Vardy for a prolonged period would be greater than Spurs losing Kane. just my opinion

• Like 4

12 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Wasn't sure which thread would be best to post this in, but it finally happened...

I was talking to someone at work (in Doncaster) about football, and mentioned that I support Leicester and I was genuinely accused of being a glory supporter. Got the whole "who did you support before they won the league" treatment. I had to explain that my first game was in 1995 and I've been a fan through all the ups and downs since then 😂

I've been coming up to Leicester games from Bedford since the 70's and locals have always given me strange looks due to my southern (ish) accent. 

They still do, or think I've recently jumped on the bandwagon 😄

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Also the mention of, "are you telling me Kane, Son and Bale wouldn't walk into the Leicester team." Well they're the only ones who would and I remain to be convinced on Bale, as I judge players on form, not reputation. (For the record, Bale hasn't played badly, just not enough.)

I don't think either of Kane or Son "walk into our team". We play in such a way and with such an intrinsic understanding of his positioning and game that, in the theoretical situation that either of them were at the club, they'd still be on the bench while Vardy remained first choice, at the very least until we reorganised our entire team to accomodate the way either of them play. It's the same reason you only see Iheanacho start games for us either out of neccesity or against weaker opposition - it doesn't mean he's a bad striker, but rather the team is not setup to maximise his effectiveness... because it doesn't need to be. It works like a charm with our main man already.

For Son that slotting-in is a little more straightforward to me - his all-round game is admirable and he has the habit of polishing off team attacks well which, with some tweaking of when our wingers release that final ball, would probably make him work in a similar way to 2020 Vards. Kane on the other hand, especially in the role he's assumed under Mourinho, is that edge-of-the box, to-feet player, kind of an Iheanacho with a better finish. He'd be an upgrade but, sorry, not starting ahead of Vards in our current team in a million years.

I dunno why I'm even entertaining the hypothetical thought, probably the midweek drink talking, but yeah, i'd say in 2020, for our team, Vards starts ahead of Son in most cases, and Kane every time.

A fit Bale though - yeah nah yeah, i'd have him every day regardless of how much he's played in recent times. He remains world class.

3 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

I've been coming up to Leicester games from Bedford since the 70's and locals have always given me strange looks due to my southern (ish) accent. 

They still do, or think I've recently jumped on the bandwagon 😄

To be fair, Bedford is hardly surrounded by viable League Football teams. I guess there's Luton and Watford, maybe Northampton or Cambridge, but it's no weirder for someone from Bedford to follow us geographically-speaking than it would be for you to take your pick of any of the London clubs, which i'm sure plenty of people there do, especially being basically where the commuter belt starts nowadays. You made the right choice methinks. :thumbup:

And no, I'm not counting the Fakes in that list, since you've been watching men kick a pigskin around since way before they were spaffed into existence. :ph34r:

Edited by OntarioFox

16 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I think Spurs have more reason to worry. Kane or Son out for long, as invariably happens, and they will struggle to maintain a table topping challenge.

I see a lot of pundits ruling out anyone out of the traditional challengers, even Spurs. It seems they can't get their head around what is actually happening. The big 6 will not finish in the top 6 league positions this season. You can quote me on this in May.

I just hope we make Europa again or Champions League. Liverpool will be up there again. I’d bet on Man City too. Spurs will be up there. I’m unsure about Arsenal and Man Utd.

Villa may have a shot. They’ve started well, Gralish and Watkins are on form, the team is playing well, and they have a run of mid and lower tables teams to play until the New Year.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I just hope we make Europa again or Champions League. Liverpool will be up there again. I’d bet on Man City too. Spurs will be up there. I’m unsure about Arsenal and Man Utd.

Villa may have a shot. They’ve started well, Gralish and Watkins are on form, the team is playing well, and they have a run of mid and lower tables teams to play until the New Year.

Villa have a decent squad of players. 

17 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

I don't think either of Kane or Son "walk into our team". We play in such a way and with such an intrinsic understanding of his positioning and game that, in the theoretical situation that either of them were at the club, they'd still be on the bench while Vardy remained first choice, at the very least until we reorganised our entire team to accomodate the way either of them play. It's the same reason you only see Iheanacho start games for us either out of neccesity or against weaker opposition - it doesn't mean he's a bad striker, but rather the team is not setup to maximise his effectiveness... because it doesn't need to be. It works like a charm with our main man already.

For Son that slotting-in is a little more straightforward to me - his all-round game is admirable and he has the habit of polishing off team attacks well which, with some tweaking of when our wingers release that final ball, would probably make him work in a similar way to 2020 Vards. Kane on the other hand, especially in the role he's assumed under Mourinho, is that edge-of-the box, to-feet player, kind of an Iheanacho with a better finish. He'd be an upgrade but, sorry, not starting ahead of Vards in our current team in a million years.

I dunno why I'm even entertaining the hypothetical thought, probably the midweek drink talking, but yeah, i'd say in 2020, for our team, Vards starts ahead of Son in most cases, and Kane every time.

A fit Bale though - yeah nah yeah, i'd have him every day regardless of how much he's played in recent times. He remains world class.

To be fair, Bedford is hardly surrounded by viable League Football teams. I guess there's Luton and Watford, maybe Northampton or Cambridge, but it's no weirder for someone from Bedford to follow us geographically-speaking than it would be for you to take your pick of any of the London clubs, which i'm sure plenty of people there do, especially being basically where the commuter belt starts nowadays. You made the right choice methinks. :thumbup:

And no, I'm not counting the Fakes in that list, since you've been watching men kick a pigskin around since way before they were spaffed into existence. :ph34r:

Yeah Luton is the nearest team, before the plastic Dons. 

I used to go and watch Luton as a kid as my paper round money wouldn't stretch to Leicester, with the other costs involved. 

Also, none of my mates supported Leicester,so I had no one to go with, so a day out on the train to Kenilworth Rd with my mates (who also weren't Luton fans) was a good laugh. 

Although they had quite an advantage with their plastic pitch, they had some very good players and as a kid, the buzz of several thousand Geordies and the agro that came with it was quite a buzz in those days. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Sky Sports on Twitter is asking if BR is the best current British manager. 

Dave, down the pub, was asking the exact same after the Arsenal match.

Steve, the landlord, said "if he isn't, he is for sure  one of  the  best"

Edited by nnickn

On 10/11/2020 at 20:57, Trav Le Bleu said:

Leicester subs to England stars: Kane and Vardy reflect on 'crazy' 2013  photo | FourFourTwo

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Yeah Luton is the nearest team, before the plastic Dons. 

I used to go and watch Luton as a kid as my paper round money wouldn't stretch to Leicester, with the other costs involved. 

Also, none of my mates supported Leicester,so I had no one to go with, so a day out on the train to Kenilworth Rd with my mates (who also weren't Luton fans) was a good laugh. 

Although they had quite an advantage with their plastic pitch, they had some very good players and as a kid, the buzz of several thousand Geordies and the agro that came with it was quite a buzz in those days. 

What sort of years are you talking.Luton had a banging team for part of the eighties.Great little club for a time

17 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

What sort of years are you talking.Luton had a banging team for part of the eighties.Great little club for a time

Early 80's if think

Pleat was there (and he was good there) players like David Moss, Mal Donaghey, Stein brothers, Mick Harford (one of the best target men of his era) Paul Price, Bob Hatton (one of my favs) and of course, Ricky Hill (he was well past it when he joined us, but very good at his peak. 

All a bit of a blur as to exactly who played when and with who. 

Jake Findley was actually the 1st footballer I ever saw in the flesh. 

Mum wanted to go shopping in the Arndale and me and my dad went to Kenilworth Rd for the afternoon. 

Just something to do, rather than get dragged around Debenhams😄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Early 80's if think

Pleat was there (and he was good there) players like David Moss, Mal Donaghey, Stein brothers, Mick Harford (one of the best target men of his era) Paul Price, Bob Hatton (one of my favs) and of course, Ricky Hill (he was well past it when he joined us, but very good at his peak. 

All a bit of a blur as to exactly who played when and with who. 

Jake Findley was actually the 1st footballer I ever saw in the flesh. 

Mum wanted to go shopping in the Arndale and me and my dad went to Kenilworth Rd for the afternoon. 

Just something to do, rather than get dragged around Debenhams😄

I think Pleat was 25 years ahead of his time.Unfortunately being 25 years ahead of your time at a club like Leicester in 1990 wasn’t to end well.Great team though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Craig Brown doing a Sutton and believes Celtic and Scotland’s Ryan Christie is a better player than Maddison and would rather Christie in his team....perrrlease 😂   

I doubt even Sutton could keep a straight face saying that lol talk about over reaction, they drew to bloody Isreal and Serbia. Now Christie is the best around! blimey. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 23:15, Heathrow fox said:

Hardly banging, basically Wigan or Stoke of 2010s.

Though you are probably right in that they probably were banging in respect of the size of the club.

9 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I doubt even Sutton could keep a straight face saying that lol talk about over reaction, they drew to bloody Isreal and Serbia. Now Christie is the best around! blimey. 

I'm a Scotland fan and even I know that Christie is nowhere near Maddison. 

Ryan Fraser played better for us in the role Christie played the other night. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 23:15, Heathrow fox said:

Went to Luton twice in the 70's. First time was the 0-4 FA Cup match including Weller goal of the century. Second time lost 3-0 including a Weller own goal from outside the box. Then got chased around a multi storey car park by the local mob. Happy days :rolleyes:

• Like 1