Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

23 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Went to Luton twice in the 70's. First time was the 0-4 FA Cup match including Weller goal of the century. Second time lost 3-0 including a Weller own goal from outside the box. Then got chased around a multi storey car park by the local mob. Happy days :rolleyes:

I went to that too.

If I remember correctly, Malcolm Allison described our performance that day as "better than Brazil".

That pitch lol

Edited by Buce
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Went to Luton twice in the 70's. First time was the 0-4 FA Cup match including Weller goal of the century. Second time lost 3-0 including a Weller own goal from outside the box. Then got chased around a multi storey car park by the local mob. Happy days :rolleyes:

Luton away 1974 - even when Covid's a nasty memory,  it's unlikely we'll ever see this kind of thing again!

9775cb3494eb78a216d680d2ac59d910.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stoopid said:

Luton away 1974 - even when Covid's a nasty memory,  it's unlikely we'll ever see this kind of thing again!

9775cb3494eb78a216d680d2ac59d910.jpg

I got a last minute ticket via a mates dad and stood down the side near the tunnel amongst the home fans. I was a young teenager and kept my trap shut until that Weller goal when I jumped up and headbutted the Luton fan behind under the chin. I got dogs abuse and scarpered out at the final whistle to get in among a group of City fans outside for safety. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wortho said:

I saw that game as well and of course that Weller goal 😁😁

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I got a last minute ticket via a mates dad and stood down the side near the tunnel amongst the home fans. I was a young teenager and kept my trap shut until that Weller goal when I jumped up and headbutted the Luton fan behind under the chin. I got dogs abuse and scarpered out at the final whistle to get in among a group of City fans outside for safety. 

The next round at QPR was even better - 10,000 City fans on an open terrace.

The best away end I ever experienced.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

Not much in the way of Health & Safety that day. Not sure we'd ever heard of it but it was a bit packed on that terrace. Remember not being able to get my arms above head height and hell of a crush when we scored. Had no idea who Joe Waters was. Oh yes for the youngster. 

Lost most of my money on the train on the way down having been introduced to Spoof. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Not much in the way of Health & Safety that day. Not sure we'd ever heard of it but it was a bit packed on that terrace. Remember not being able to get my arms above head height and hell of a crush when we scored. Had no idea who Joe Waters was. Oh yes for the youngster. 

Lost most of my money on the train on the way down having been introduced to Spoof. 

I was there too. I remember not being able to get my arms free and being carried on a euphoric human wave. You just had to go with it. Pure joy. Great memories.

On 11/11/2020 at 08:50, Sly said:

Villa have a decent squad of players. 

This indeed.

Aside from Watkins and Grealish, I rate Trezeguet and McGinn - the latter of whom I felt they missed massively during the second half of last season. Plus if they can hold onto Barkley they've got a proper midfield engine.

In fact, if they could bin off Elmohamedy, who remains one of the biggest melts in world football, I'd go as far as to call their squad "likeable". :whistle:

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

This indeed.

Aside from Watkins and Grealish, I rate Trezeguet and McGinn - the latter of whom I felt they missed massively during the second half of last season. Plus if they can hold onto Barkley they've got a proper midfield engine.

In fact, if they could bin off Elmohamedy, who remains one of the biggest melts in world football, I'd go as far as to call their squad "likeable". :whistle:

It won't be a popular opinion on here due to his Forrest links but I've always liked Matty Cash as a player. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Buce said:

I saw that also but wasn’t in the away end. I was towards the halfway line but seem to remember lots of Leicester fans around us. Had a right drink afterwards 😁😁

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
15 hours ago, Buce said:

Went luton and qpr in that cup run as a 13 year old. Went old Trafford to watch the draw with liverpool and sat crying at home as we lost to liverpool at villa park in the replay. Happy days .

17 hours ago, davieG said:

Or Read it here........

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/nov/15/showdown-at-liverpool-will-gauge-leicesters-title-credentials

Showdown at Liverpool will gauge Leicester's title credentials

And naturally the comments are full of whining about Liverpool’s injury crisis. 

He'd do well learning from Pep but he'd take Gundogan's role in the system and Gundogan has a few years left yet, maybe more than Pep has at City. 

United is an absolute shit show. Anyone recommending them to any player as a sensible career move right now is just proving that they don't watch the sport. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

they wont be happy darn sarf or in Liverpool to be excluded …... 

Not sure I could afford him mate, and wtf would I get him to do  anyway  :dunno:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He'd do well learning from Pep but he'd take Gundogan's role in the system and Gundogan has a few years left yet, maybe more than Pep has at City. 

United is an absolute shit show. Anyone recommending them to any player as a sensible career move right now is just proving that they don't watch the sport. 

Yeah if Pep wants to spend 80m on a Gundogan replacement you're not going to get a better one than Tielemans.

• Like 1