Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

1 minute ago, Bagworthblue said:

Maybe the game has changed too much for me to comprehend then. I would have been sent off every game in my day for such challenges but never intended to hurt anyone and I never once injured anyone. 

It's changed for sure, it's about safety of your opponent rather than intent now.

22 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Completely irrelevant, Vardy going in so high on the knee/shin endangered Doherty. That's a straight red. Here is the rule:

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

But you could argue that the challenge was on Vardy as Vardy played the ball and OPPO came in late.

2 minutes ago, FoxNotFox said:

And there you have it. That wasn't a 50-50 to simply win the ball. I reckon Vardy went in to take some of the player. A Sunday pub league challenge.

You're right. 90% Vardy got there first and hit the ball, 10% the other guy was late. It definitely should have been a foul on Vardy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bagworthblue said:

But you could argue that the challenge was on Vardy as Vardy played the ball and OPPO came in late.

You could, both were challenging for a 50/50 ball, but it was Vardy's high foot that turned it on him, if he'd scraped the top of Doherty's foot or something then it would have been a yellow at most, but you can't go in that high any more.

That challenge is a career ender.

Edited by Beechey

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

The rule word for word:

"A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play."

Exactly.  The defender endangered Vardy by his actions.  Vardy was merely kicking the ball, which is the point of the game (last time I checked).  He did not endanger him the defender endangered himself.  In fact I’ve watched the incident in slow motion.  The defender comes in with his leg extended, Vardy kicks the ball the the momentum of both defender and Vardy results in running into each other.   Not a foul, and definitely not a red.  The defender comes in without control.  The defender deserved a yellow card (but unfortunately if your hurt, or appear hurt, they never give them...not so in the old days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sionnach gorm said:

Exactly.  The defender endangered Vardy by his actions.  Vardy was merely kicking the ball, which is the point of the game (last time I checked).  He did not endanger him the defender endangered himself.  In fact I’ve watched the incident in slow motion.  The defender comes in with his leg extended, Vardy kicks the ball the the momentum of both defender and Vardy results in running into each other.   Not a foul, and definitely not a red.  The defender comes in without control.  The defender deserved a yellow card (but unfortunately if your hurt, or appear hurt, they never give them...not so in the old days.

Where can I take classes in mental gymnastics?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Anyone arguing that Vardy’s challenge didn’t warrant a red needs to get in their house, shut the curtains, lock the doors and don’t emerge again until they’ve thought things through.

:thumbup:

After 10pm at night, you probably want the curtains shut and the door locked regardless of your opinions on anything. Safety first everybody :scarf:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

You could, both were challenging for a 50/50 ball, but it was Vardy's high foot that turned it on him, if he'd scraped the top of Doherty's foot or something then it would have been a yellow at most, but you can't go in that high any more.

That challenge is a career ender.

Vardy kicked the ball at the right height to hit the middle of the ball. His fo it didn't go over the ball. The lateness of the oppos lunge with planted angle leg meant Vardy hit him higher up the leg. If hed have timed his tackle, bothe his foot and Vardys woukd have hit the ball at Same height from opposite sides. Had Vardy done what he did after Oppo had kicked the ball then Vardy would have been late and caught the player high up as oppos leg would have planted after kicking the ball. In which case I'd have shown Vardy red myself!!!

Just now, Bagworthblue said:

Vardy kicked the ball at the right height to hit the middle of the ball. His fo it didn't go over the ball. The lateness of the oppos lunge with planted angle leg meant Vardy hit him higher up the leg. If hed have timed his tackle, bothe his foot and Vardys woukd have hit the ball at Same height from opposite sides. Had Vardy done what he did after Oppo had kicked the ball then Vardy would have been late and caught the player high up as oppos leg would have planted after kicking the ball. In which case I'd have shown Vardy red myself!!!

It's irrelevant mate, that challenge from Vardy endangered Doherty. That's the rule from the FA.

Whether it was or wasn’t a red card sticks at the point of this question; did he need to make the challenge? Was it a last ditch wild attempt to prevent a goal? No, it wasn’t and if it had happened to a Leicester player you’d have been roaring for a red.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FoxNotFox said:

And there you have it. That wasn't a 50-50 to simply win the ball. I reckon Vardy went in to take some of the player. A Sunday pub league challenge.

Rubbish argue what you like about if it’s a red or not but it certainly wasn’t intentional.

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

Whether it was or wasn’t a red card sticks at the point of this question; did he need to make the challenge? Was it a last ditch wild attempt to prevent a goal? No, it wasn’t and if it had happened to a Leicester player you’d have been roaring for a red.

Nope. I come from an era when if you won the ball it wasn't even a foul so I wouldn't have claimed red. ( I may have shouted for it whilst quietly disagreeing) ?. Now I'm not saying that tightening up to protect players isn't a good thing but he went for the ball and won it. Had the OPPO not arrived late both would have met the ball halfway up the ball at the same time and height and it would have ballooned off somewhere with everyone applauding bpth players commitment. Arrive late at your peril.

Just now, Mehrez said:

Rubbish argue what you like about if it’s a red or not but it certainly wasn’t intentional.

I’m sure he didn’t want to intentionally injure the lad but I’m also sure that he wanted to win the ball and leave something on their player and there lies the problem if you’re going to do so, you can’t be reckless with it. 

7 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

This is spot on and I said the same when it happened. There was no need for the tackle to happen how it happened. We’d have been fuming if it was the other way round and no red. 

I think it wasn’t it purely out of frustration in not really being involved and not getting much of a sniff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Beechey said:

It's irrelevant mate, that challenge from Vardy endangered Doherty. That's the rule from the FA.

Or Docherty endangered himself byarriving late?  If you arrive late at a less than 90° angle in the direction a ball is being kicked, you will get kicked by a follow through. Simple maths.

9 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I think what he’s getting at is that it’s not a challenge/tackle. When you watch the replay back frame by frame you see Vardy kick the ball and the Wolves player comes in as the ball is kicked, Vardy gets him high up on the follow through, I don’t think there was time for Vardy to pull out of it or do anything to avoid what follows, where his foot ends up is where you’d expect it to be after he’s kicked the middle of the ball but there’s a Wolves player on the end of it. I won’t argue if it’s a red or not as I don’t know the rules well enough to know if all that equates to a red but I don’t think there’s much he could do about it 

thought we played well in spells, the usual crap start and lucky not to be a couple of goals down too,

good to see Puel go to 3 CB's too during the second half(maybe something for the future with it) and im sure some fans must be been spitting in their chips that it was Amartey in there

Wolves look a decent side imo too

all in all though a decent performance from us and i dont think we even got out of 3rd gear at times tbh,