Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Ricardo has 2 assists from 2 games and looks to pose a similar threat to Chilwell, adding another dimension to our attack (can really see Puels post mahrez plan, he's looking to replace those 20 goals/assists throughout the team - expecting the full backs to hit 5 or so each and Maddison around 10). Evans meanwhile looked a massive vulnerability. Hardly surprising people like one and didn't rate the other when one did his job well and the other gave them a number of chances, right from the off

As I've said previously I don't disagree that Ricardo is a massive plus going forward, he played a big part in second goal. But you can't just ignore the fact that his defensive work in the 1st half was horrendous and played a part in Evans looking so vulnerable.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I said look go in the middle like I did there's no queue, she said "there's no queue cos you just pushed in" I said can't push in if there's no queue" she said you're a mug. I took a sip of my £4.95 Chang and said you're the mug love. 

This belongs on a pic of Mags talking to his missus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TazzerFox said:

You literally can't say for certain that Morgan would have done better today in those same situations. It's all down to personal perception. Personally I would imagine Wes would have also got turned and probably ended up doing something rash and giving away a penalty. You probably have a different view. Its all if's whats and maybes

Possibly. I can certainly see why Puel favoured Amartey over him in the switch to 3atb, Dan's got the athleticism to recover than Morgan's lost, but on their performances this season you'd say Morgan is the better player. 

To me, Morgan's a PS1, great at his time but looking rather dated. What we wanted was a PS4, or at least a PS3 to replace him and catch up to modern standards. In Evans, what we've bought is an Atari Jaguar

• Haha 1

Just now, TazzerFox said:

As I've said previously I don't disagree that Ricardo is a massive plus going forward, he played a big part in second goal. But you can't just ignore the fact that his defensive work in the 1st half was horrendous and played a part in Evans looking so vulnerable.  

Correct. It did. 

‘I wonder if we should play 5-3-2?

Having that extra defender would probably enable Ricardo and Ben to get forward even more.

Even fans favourite Dan Amartey might look ok in a three?

Just got in from work ... read the score ,,,, brilliant, we must have played well ?.... read fox talk and now don’t know if we were fu@@ing brilliant or total sh@te .... so I’m going with brilliant... great three points .... C’mon City 

..... oh please MOTD don’t show us playing pants!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Great win, lovely to beat Wolves. 

The only downside for me was this ignorant git who pushed in for his cup of tea at half time.  You wouldn't believe it.  Bloomin cheek!  I'm not sure if he wasn't the full ticket to be honest.

Think it was a Singha actually @Unabomber :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Bagworthblue said:

Im a bit astonished anyone sees it differently. He won the ball with a single foot with his standing leg on the ground and without raused studs. It was not a tackle. The ball broke free and 2 players went for it. Vardy was more committed in winning the ball and the result was he got there 1st. In my opinion, the lack of conviction from the Wolves lad meant he got there 2nd and fouled Vardy. However Vard's determination to  win ball meant his efforts were more aggressive and Dean viewed that as 'an out of control challenge' It was not out of control as his standing keg was planted and he won't the ball. We should appeal.

The tackle was too agressive, he wasn't in control and his follow through battered their player with his studs ending up high and into the players leg.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because the supposed right back was no where to be seen half the time that's why. Look at the space he keeps leaving. Him and Albrighton were shocking first half defensively!

I'm sorry but that's complete horseshit.

Evans got pushed off the ball in his own penalty area leading to a Wolves chance, passed it straight to a Wolves player making a simple pass under no pressure leading to 2 Wolves chances and got skinned running outside him when the attacking player had farther to run and Evans was not even running at full stride to try and keep up twice leading to 2 more Wolves chances all within the first 20 minutes.

Yes, maybe more support from the right-back could have given him more protection but you cannot blame another player for giving away chances through simple bad passes under pressure, him being skinned when he's not even trying to get there at his full pace or him dallying on the ball and getting outmuscled off it - they are pretty blatant individual errors by an individual not by his lack of cover.

I think when people watch the highlights back tonight they'll realise just how many individual clangers Evans kept making and how lucky we were to keep getting away with them.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

Wolves should have been 3 up before we were gifted a goal. Mendy n Madison looked good but we had lady luck on our side.

Is it me or does Vardy looked secluded under Puels regime??

Great to beat them inbreds though so good day!!!!

8 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Saying Evans Is crap is basically saying “I know more than Pep and his £28m bid” less than 12 months ago lol 

No one is saying he's crap or that he was crap 12 months ago, we are saying he put in one awful individual performance today and had that been a player like Morgan or Simpson putting in that kind of performance this place would be going mad. That says absolutely nothing about his career as a player in the past or how he will do going forward, we are simply assessing the one individual performance.

Edited by Sampson

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Ricardo has 2 assists from 2 games and looks to pose a similar threat to Chilwell, adding another dimension to our attack (can really see Puels post mahrez plan, he's looking to replace those 20 goals/assists throughout the team - expecting the full backs to hit 5 or so each and Maddison around 10). Evans meanwhile looked a massive vulnerability. Hardly surprising people like one and didn't rate the other when one did his job well and the other gave them a number of chances, right from the off

Completely ignoring the fact Ricardo's first job is to defend and he was absolutely shocking at that first half. Called it weeks ago, whenever I see him play his pushes up too far and doesn't watch the man. All they had to do was lift it over him into that corner and they were through onto the CB's.

You can't just ignore the impact other players not doing their clearly impacted Evan's performance. He wasn't great, but a good chunk of his issues was being hung out to dry by the other two that side.

People will gloss over what his actual job is though because he's brilliant going forward.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

I think Ricardo was excellent today, we have to accept if we want our RB involved in the attack then he can’t be completely solid defensively, 3 at the back would help but I don’t think Puel wants to play it

He reminds me much of Ashley Young.

Just now, Babylon said:

Completely ignoring the fact Ricardo's first job is to defend and he was absolutely shocking at that first half. Called it weeks ago, whenever I see him play his pushes up too far and doesn't watch the man. All they had to do was lift it over him into that corner and they were through onto the CB's.

You can't just ignore the impact other players not doing their clearly impacted Evan's performance. He wasn't great, but a good chunk of his issues was being hung out to dry by the other two that side.

People will gloss over what his actual job is though because he's brilliant going forward.

Spot on. Would you consider a 5-3-2 Babs?

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Arsenal at home last season 

That was a “professional foul” as was the previous red in a league game (Francis for Bournemouth in the title winning season). I presume the post you’re replying to is about the sort of challenge Vardy went for today.

I seem to remember a Millwall player getting sent off at The Den 7 or 8 years ago but other than that I am struggling to think of red cards against us for individual front-on challenges. Wolves have had 2 in a week!

On a similar note, it’s interesting that the disciplinary record is far worse (at least in terms of red cards) under the supposedly meek Puel than it ever was under Pearson.

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Evans got pushed off the ball in his own penalty area leading to a Wolves chance, passed it straight to a Wolves player making a simple pass under no pressure leading to 2 Wolves chances and got skinned running outside him when the attacking player had farther to run and Evans was not even running at full stride to try and keep up twice leading to 2 more Wolves chances all within the first 20 minutes.

Yes, maybe more support from the right-back could have given him more protection but you cannot blame another player for giving away chances through simple bad passes under pressure, him being skinned when he's not even trying to get there at his full pace or him dallying on the ball and getting outmuscled off it - they are pretty blatant individual errors by an individual not by his lack of cover.

I think when people watch the highlights back tonight they'll realise just how many individual clangers Evans kept making and how lucky we were to keep getting away with them.

I've said he had his own issues, but you cannot ignore what a liability the other two were that side first half. Time and time and time again they let their man go straight through against two slow cb's.

11 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I think you may find it was Harry was pushed off the ball in our area