Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on. Would you consider a 5-3-2 Babs?

I'd just consider giving them all more time to get to know each other. It looked every inch a group of players not knowing each other and the roles.

I can forgive all their issues, my biggest problem was Evans with all his experience not absolutely bollocking the other two about how close they were to their men or the non existent line they were keeping.

Half a dozen times they were so far off their man or so off the defensive line, all it took was a lofted ball or a one two and they were straight through.

• Like 1

Regarding the Vardy red card, in the heat of the moment I'm thinking the referee is a cvnt and has made the wrong decision.

Having seen the replays, it's reckless, he's flown in and by the laws of the game he's 'lost control of his body'. Can totally understand Dean brandishing the red card. Yes Vardy got the ball but the momentum and recklessness of it has taken him in to the player at shin height.

If Doherty is making that challenge on Vardy we're baying for his blood so we can't have it both ways. I do agree with a poster above saying Vardy didn't need to make the challenge though. He was more likely to get the ball cleanly and probably be fouled himself anyway if he stayed on his feet or wasn't as reckless.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

I think the Wolves fans should lower their expectations for the season. They couldn't beat a 10 man Everton team at home last week, and lost against a 10 man Leicester team today.  

They've got Man City next!  :D

• Like 1

Guest MattP

We didn't play as well as we can, but had more than enough.

No understanding of the negativity from some, they are a team backed for top half and we handled them with ease aside from 15 mins.

Astounded at the criticism of Ricardo - fans need to realise you can't be on the edge of the box creating and the last line of defence. He did great.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Just a presumption but I think a lot of people complain that they can’t see the players coming out. 

Back to the game. Not getting the Evans slating. Numerous times he was caught was because Ricardo was out of position. Thought Albrighton had a stinker, nothing came off for him. 

Apart from the cross for our first goal obviously

36 minutes ago, vanity said:

I think we'll be better with Iheanacho than Vardy starting. Vardy is a great striker, but this system does not take advantage of his speed at all.

Yes, I agree and it's what I alluded to earlier. Vardy may be our talisman, our figurehead, our highest paid player even, but I just don't see how he fits now.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'd just consider giving them all more time to get to know each other. It looked every inch a group of players not knowing each other and the roles.

I can forgive all their issues, my biggest problem was Evans with all his experience not absolutely bollocking the other two about how close they were to their men or the non existent line they were keeping.

Half a dozen times they were so far off their man or so off the defensive line, all it took was a lofted ball or a one two and they were straight through.

Totally agree with this. 

There were two or three new partnerships out there today which will take time to start working effectively.

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

We didn't play as well as we can, but had more than enough.

No understanding of the negativity from some, they are a team backed for top half and we handled them with ease aside from 15 mins.

Astounded at the criticism of Ricardo - fans need to realise you can't be on the edge of the box creating and the last line of defence. He did great.

Ricardo's problems were not caused by him being upfield though or getting caught out upfield. The players were all back, everyone was set, but him and Albrighton either weren't tight enough or he stepped up too high and left a space.  

When he bombed on players dropped over to cover so the issue didn't show them.

Just a minor tweak and we are set, because he's on another planet to Simpson offensively! In fact he's better than our wingers at this moment in time!

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Completely ignoring the fact Ricardo's first job is to defend and he was absolutely shocking at that first half. Called it weeks ago, whenever I see him play his pushes up too far and doesn't watch the man. All they had to do was lift it over him into that corner and they were through onto the CB's.

You can't just ignore the impact other players not doing their clearly impacted Evan's performance. He wasn't great, but a good chunk of his issues was being hung out to dry by the other two that side.

People will gloss over what his actual job is though because he's brilliant going forward.

That's why when playing attacking full backs, most teams will have a quick centre back that's able to cover. Unfortunately we possibly have the slowest centre back pairing in the league. I suspect it's why we bought Soyuncu.

• Like 2

How did we win that! we were awful! That result may come to haunt Wolves in months to come. For me my biggest concern is up front, with Vardy out of three games we've got nothing upfront now. He didn't have a great game grant but we certainly miss his presents when isn't there. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MisterFoxKillen said:

Video of Jamie Vardy's straight red card vs. Wolves

https://streamable.com/mkvno

https://streamable.com/8ol8u

https://streamable.com/i64xb

I don’t see a red card.  The ball is between men and no one has possession.  He merely kicks the ball and the other player misses it.  Total bullocks! :mad:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

How did we win that! we were awful! That result may come to haunt Wolves in months to come. For me my biggest concern is up front, with Vardy out of three games we've got nothing upfront now. He didn't have a great game grant but we certainly miss his presents when isn't there. 

just gotta hope clubs give us gifts for goals, eh?!

No goals conceded at home and a 2-0 win.How I've missed you!

Strange game. We were in danger of conceding after 20 minutes but after the fortuitous goal we took over.

Without hitting top form we played alright for 2/3 of the game.  Kasper and Chilwell out of sync a couple of times and Evans all at sea early doors but comfortable after the 1st goal.

Chilwell did ok today and was pleased he stopped a goalbound shot in the 2nd half.  His defending has been lacking a bit up to now. Not Evans finest hour but can only hope that he can settle in quick.Pereira had a massive game for us and the assists he gave is just something we didnt get from Simpson. Big addition.

A tour de force from Mendy. Shakey made a huge mistake letting him go as we could have badly done with his presence at midfield last season. His last game was a short cameo against Sheffield United last season and it was clear then that he could be useful. He was great getting back, the quickness in his passing kept Wolves guessing all the way through. It was like watching Kante out there today. MOTM.

Maddison took his goal well and though a bit inexperienced looks very promising. Shame Mahrez left but Madds offers a different threat that we badly needed. Gray seems to have sorted himself out a bit aswell. Plays with a bit more purpose and composure.

Vardy on balance was harsh to be red carded but when you go in like that you can't be that reckless even getting the ball. Was a fairer red card than Moss at West Ham anyways.

His loss now shows us our lack of options up front. Slimani's a bit marmitey but after Ulloa going I would have held on to him. Any more injuries or suspensions up front will hurt us. Got to scout for someone in January.

All in all a pleasing day at home thank god and hopefully more to come.

RIght time to get prepared for the All Ireland Hurling final tomorrow. Come on Limerick!

Just now, Walshie is God said:

Let's face it. If that tackle had been on vards we'd have been calling for a red. Reckless and out of control but loved it all the same

He didn’t tackle the player, he went for the ball, the wolves player was just not quick enough, like most of their team.

• Like 1