Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

Just now, Walshie is God said:

Let's face it. If that tackle had been on vards we'd have been calling for a red. Reckless and out of control but loved it all the same

Perhaps, but that was not a red card.  Vardy’s action is intrinsically part of the game and the Wolve’s player came in too late on the ball.  It was not even a foul.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

He didn’t tackle the player, he went for the ball, the wolves player was just not quick enough, like most of their team.

Completely irrelevant, Vardy going in so high on the knee/shin endangered Doherty. That's a straight red. Here is the rule:

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Edited by Beechey

Not sure why Evans is getting so hammered yes he was poor to begin with but If you look at our back 4 only 2 of them have played together before  which is Maguire and Chilwell . Both  of which are still young and fairly inexperienced players . Add in to the mix Ricardo who is in a new league, new team and country may not be fully fluent in English . Then add in Evans that got injured in preseason so missed some games so this was his first start and wouldn’t have been 100% match fit  because believe it or not  players take a good few games to get up to full speed. So there  was bound to be some errors and sloppiness in what was only our second game of the season . We then went down to ten men and we still kept a clean sheet if anything our defence looked solid second half and the future looks bright . 

• Like 3

First twenty minutes aside we were comfortable. Showed some flashes of brilliant play at times, thought there appeared to be a lack of understanding between players at times though that will improve the more they play and understand each other's games.

Wolves ran out of ideas and even once Vardy went off they didn't really appear to have a clue how to break us down just hitting hopeful balls into the box. At ten men I thought we managed the game superbly, largely controlled the pace of game, wasted time well and limited them to few openings. 

• Like 1

Total shite!  Vardy did not go high, he merely kicked the ball and the defender placed himself in the path.  The rules are those in football.  Not a red.  If an idiot decides to dive low and head the ball while someone is kicking the ball it is his problem.  Safety is there for protection of the player, not for the stupid, slow and criminally insane.  :@

• Like 1

I was VERY pleased with our performance today.

Claude was right in that Wolves deserved something and we had some luck.

We are fortunate to have a manager like Puel who says it like it is: unlucky against Man Utd and lucky against Wolves. Southampton will prove to be be an easier game for us.

Mendy proved today that he can be an asset for us this season - he should probably start against Liverpool. I'm confident that we will get something from that match, Iheanacho is capable of playing the Vardy role for the next 3 games 

• Like 1

Ricardo Pereira as right-back looks like a right liability. Too often caught out of position, too high up the pitch and unable to track back in time.

There needs to be better communication and a better setup for him and Albrighton/Ghezzal on the right wing, insofar as the roles need to be more defined.

Albrighton I think did alright.

Apart from one mishap by Evans in the first half, he and Maguire worked well together, I was surprised to see Morgan being left out of the starting eleven. That must've taken some balls by the manager... :D

Chilwell bossed the left side and when he couldn't cover, Gray stepped in.

I'm very happy with how the younger players behaved themselves on the pitch today, it was a very mature performance by all three of them.

Particularly pleased for Maddison and his goalscoring debut in the Premier League.

Ndidi and Mendy were superb in the centre and swept almost everything away that came through the middle. Mendy in particular had a fantastic game and reminded me of Kanté in many ways. Maybe not the same effective kind of player, but close - at least that's what I saw in increments today. Very agile, alert and everywhere in midfield. I wish him well and that he can remain injury-free for the reminder of the season.

Shame about Vardy's red card - I just wish he hadn't been so rash, now out for at least three matches. We'll miss him - unless Iheanacho steps in.

All in all, kudos to Wolverhampton also. It was a game between two energetic sides, lots of back-and-forth action, great goalscoring chances, highly entertaining. If Wolves can address their issues at the back, they'll be fine this season.

48 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The tackle was too agressive, he wasn't in control and his follow through battered their player with his studs ending up high and into the players leg.

Momentum,so natural follow through..but his studs going high,sort of made a normal solid tackle,into a dangerous one.

Though it still seemed natural movement,and not nasty intent,but refs no matter who it is,will show red for raised foot.

There will be worse tackles on Nach or Vardy,and no red will be shown.....

IMO Mike Dean,actually had a good game,I don't blame him for showing red.....

53 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The tackle was too agressive, he wasn't in control and his follow through battered their player with his studs ending up high and into the players leg.

But it wasnt a tackle. A tackle suggests the other player was in control of the ball. The reality is that 2 players went for a free ball and came from different angles. Vardy got there 1st and won the ball. The Wolves lad arrived late and was caught by the follow through

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bagworthblue said:

But it wasnt a tackle. A tackle suggests the other player was in control of the ball. The reality is that 2 players went for a free ball and came from different angles. Vardy got there 1st and won the ball. The Wolves lad arrived late and was caught by the follow through

The rule word for word:

"A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

First twenty minutes aside we were comfortable. Showed some flashes of brilliant play at times, thought there appeared to be a lack of understanding between players at times though that will improve the more they play and understand each other's games.

Wolves ran out of ideas and even once Vardy went off they didn't really appear to have a clue how to break us down just hitting hopeful balls into the box. At ten men I thought we managed the game superbly, largely controlled the pace of game, wasted time well and limited them to few openings. 

Yes, and I am rather warming to Puel's signings, selections, tactics and game management even if they are rather different to what we are used to. 

It does rather look as if the Championship winning side are nearly all gone, but I suppose that is inevitable. Only Vardy, Schmeichel and Albrighton today, and neither Vardy nor Albrighton seem to be what he wants. 

7 minutes ago, Beechey said:

People seriously thinking this wasn't putting Doherty in danger?

kJnDjRHNSEWBt57SjNmbGw.png

If hed have been 1st to the ball and Vardy was late then he'd have been putting Vardy in danger. 2 players had eyes as on a ball and Vardy won it with his standing leg planted and kicked the ball half way up the ball. The fact That the oppo leg arrived just after Vardy kick a ball was out of Vardys control. Nb where is the ball in the pic? Well gone.

Edited by Bagworthblue
  • Like 1

An odd game, don't think we played particularly well as a team, but after the OG we were never in danger of giving up the points

Pereira, Mendy, Maddison and Chilwell were all great. I actually had forgotten Mendy was still a Leicester player before the lineup was announced, what a bonus that we have him as an option and what he's capable of

Vardy's red... I can see why it was given, but he won the ball and was already committed. Iheanacho will be fine for 3 games, just hope he doesn't get injured

Is Ndidi ok?

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

1 minute ago, foxinsox said:

Yes, and I am rather warming to Puel's signings, selections, tactics and game management even if they are rather different to what we are used to. 

It does rather look as if the Championship winning side are nearly all gone, but I suppose that is inevitable. Only Vardy, Schmeichel and Albrighton today, and neither Vardy nor Albrighton seem to be what he wants. 

I don't think Claude would sanction a new 4 year contract for Vardy if he wasn't wanted.

4 minutes ago, Bagworthblue said:

If hed have been 1st to the ball and Vardy was late then he'd have been putting Vardy in danger. 2 players had eyes as on a ball and Vardy won it with his standing leg planted and kicked the ball half way up the ball. The fact That the oppo leg arrived just after Vardy kick a ball was out of Vardys control.

No, it's the fact Vardy went in at the knee that caused the red. There is absolutely no need for Vardy to kick the ball and follow through with his studs up at the knee. I can't believe people are trying to defend that.

I get it was his momentum, but whether on purpose or not, he put Doherty in danger.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Completely ignoring the fact Ricardo's first job is to defend and he was absolutely shocking at that first half. Called it weeks ago, whenever I see him play his pushes up too far and doesn't watch the man. All they had to do was lift it over him into that corner and they were through onto the CB's.

You can't just ignore the impact other players not doing their clearly impacted Evan's performance. He wasn't great, but a good chunk of his issues was being hung out to dry by the other two that side.

People will gloss over what his actual job is though because he's brilliant going forward.

So far you pinged it....but let's see if Puel and team can find a balance...funny we had Simpson,who was great holding back,doggo going forward,

Maybe we can get the 2,to run into each other...and produce either the perfect, Fb of Wb

4 hours ago, Bats8711 said:

I know it's not his natural position / what we signed him as / etc - but why couldn't Maddison play as a Outside MF in a 442?

Ndidi + Iborra/Silva/Mendy in middle

Maddison + Gray/Albrighton on wing

Vardy + Iheanacho/Okazaki up front

yep, lets play him out of position and go back to the same problem we have had for years that we don;t have a good number 10.

Just now, Beechey said:

No, it's the fact Vardy went in at the knee that caused the red. There is absolutely no need for Vardy to kick the ball and follow through with his studs up at the knee. I can't believe people are trying to defend that.

Maybe the game has changed too much for me to comprehend then. I would have been sent off every game in my day for such challenges but never intended to hurt anyone and I never once injured anyone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bagworthblue said:

And there you have it. That wasn't a 50-50 to simply win the ball. I reckon Vardy went in to take some of the player. A Sunday pub league challenge.