Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Mendy

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Seriously ! I can see him rested against Fleetwood but you don't bench this guy, he is an integral part of the team and one of the major building blocks.

Just because you don't want him benched doesn't mean the manager doesn't think differently.

As much as I like Ndidi, there's something frustrating about his style of play. With all the blocks, tackles and challenges, one tends to forget that he's his own biggest source of mishaps by giving the ball away too easily.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

I think he meant “seated on the bench” in a literal sense and not losing his place in the side - or he actually meant sat down for poor play. Not sure which.

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

His statement was benched !! Not too difficult to misunderstand that.

I said "benched for a short while" - not too difficult to understand that, is it?

Ndidi is a young player with bags of potential. But sometimes, you need to set an example as a manager and drop a player who is not living up to his standards by giving him a break from playing. No player, no matter how old he is, should have a guaranteed starting spot. Keeps the legs fresh and the competition for places alive.

As a manager, you want the best and the most focused bunch on the pitch that you can get. Wilfred right now isn't focused enough in my eyes.

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I said "benched for a short while" - not too difficult to understand that, is it?

Ndidi is a young player with bags of potential. But sometimes, you need to set an example as a manager and drop a player who is not living up to his standards by giving him a break from playing. No player, no matter how old he is, should have a guaranteed starting spot. Keeps the legs fresh and the competition for places alive.

As a manager, you want the best and the most focused bunch on the pitch that you can get. Wilfred right now isn't focused enough in my eyes.

It’s obvious Ndidi isn’t the finished article and needs to work on certain aspects of his game . That said he is our best midfielder by far so why would you bench him . If it’s just to teach him an example what example does it teach when your our best midfielder and you get benched

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

He needs to play and be coached, his positives far outweigh any negatives. Benching him for a short while is just ridiculous ! Correct his faults on the training pitch.

10 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

It’s obvious Ndidi isn’t the finished article and needs to work on certain aspects of his game . That said he is our best midfielder by far so why would you bench him . If it’s just to teach him an example what example does it teach when your our best midfielder and you get benched

In our first three matches until today, both Maddison and Mendy have had the bigger impact than Ndidi. One is in his first ever Premier League season, the other‘s come back from serious injury problems and an underwhelming warm-up loan spell back in France.

He may have the potential to be our  best midfielder at some stage in the near future, but Ndidi‘s not there yet and has put in mixed performances so far.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

In our first three matches until today, both Maddison and Mendy have had the bigger impact than Ndidi. One is in his first ever Premier League season, the other‘s come back from serious injury problems and an underwhelming warm-up loan spell back in France.

He may have the potential to be our  best midfielder at some stage in the near future, but Ndidi‘s not there yet and has put in mixed performances so far.

I’m sorry but he has already proved he is our best midfielder the last  season and has been good this season today being his poorest performance but still not crap And as good as Maddison is he’s been only ok the last two games as he’s been starved of the ball . Mendy has been good yes but it’s only been two games so the jury is still out 

7 hours ago, baldeagle said:

I’m sorry but he has already proved he is our best midfielder the last  season and has been good this season today being his poorest performance but still not crap And as good as Maddison is he’s been only ok the last two games as he’s been starved of the ball . Mendy has been good yes but it’s only been two games so the jury is still out 

Nobody's saying that Ndidi is "crap", no need to go all-defensive about a player you like or putting words into other fans' mouths. I am a fan of Wilfred, too. But the start to the season hasn't been the best and yes - Maddison and Mendy have had the bigger impact so far in the past few weeks. That is a fact.

In the end, we've got to be glad that we've got competition for places, players upping their game for the manager and/or trying to get into the starting XI.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Can I slip a comment in for the hyper critical football experts on here......it's only their 2nd PL game this season in a new partnership, new formation and a very young side.

Let's not consider that though, let's break up the partnership and label one or both of them crap after 180 mins... incredulous.

Don't be applying common sense and reason here squire. Far too progressive for FT!!

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Don't be applying common sense and reason here squire. Far too progressive for FT!!

Plus inviting a ban for not writing bollhooks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, psychonaut said:

Its either Ndidi or Mendy - pointless sticking with two defensive midfielders. They’re happy to sit back and mop up which is fine but there’s zero creativity from the pair of them and thats a concern considering we’ve lost Mahrez and appear to be playing our RB on the wing. Puts far too much pressure on Maddison to create. 

.... I believe Puel has told him to sit and not bomb forward to support. 

He is playing a disciplined role and curbing his instinct to push forward. 

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Nobody's saying that Ndidi is "crap", no need to go all-defensive about a player you like or putting words into other fans' mouths. I am a fan of Wilfred, too. But the start to the season hasn't been the best and yes - Maddison and Mendy have had the bigger impact so far in the past few weeks. That is a fact.

In the end, we've got to be glad that we've got competition for places, players upping their game for the manager and/or trying to get into the starting XI.

Ok so we take Ndidi out and bench as you suggest who do you replace him with? . Silva has shown nothing and as good as Iborra is on the ball he slows the play down so that leaves just Hamza . If he better than Ndidi ? 

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

To be completely fair, and without wishing to troll you, i think we could say that for most of our players, and likely always will do.

Honestly, besides also another winger; I think we've got a good if not very good team on our hands! a lot of our team I wouldn't swap for anyone else (realistically)

10 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Honestly, besides also another winger; I think we've got a good if not very good team on our hands! a lot of our team I wouldn't swap for anyone else (realistically)

I agree - so who do you have your eye on in preference to Mendy, in the long term? (trying to be realistic!) :)

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I agree - so who do you have your eye on in preference to Mendy, in the long term? (trying to be realistic!) :)

For me personally, I’d like to see someone capable of a dangerous pass; so someone similar to Jonjo Shelvey I think could be a good signing, especially seeing as he’s evidently removed the anger from his game 

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

For me personally, I’d like to see someone capable of a dangerous pass; so someone similar to Jonjo Shelvey I think could be a good signing, especially seeing as he’s evidently removed the anger from his game 

Iborra?

but has been masked as 'too slow' lol wtf

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Not enough for me.

Its hard to drop Nididi but I think we should try and swap it around abit we have plenty of options I wouldn't mind seeing something like this..

Kasper

Ricardo Evans/Morgan Maguire Chilly

Ghezzal  Iborra  Mendy  Gray

Maddision

Nacho