Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Mendy

On 23/08/2018 at 19:44, funkyrobot said:

There should be no debate about what tune you should use for Mendy. I said it when he first signed but thought the chance had gone. It’s KRS-one’s ‘sound of da police’ 

‘whoop whoop it’s the sound of nampalys’

just repeat continually. For 90 minutes.

There was someone randomly doing it in the Koop last Saturday - made me piss myself on a couple of occasions 

Silva isn't that creative but at least he moves the ball quicker and his passing is good. I would seriously consider Silva/Mendy pivot because Ndidi piss me off sometimes with his woeful ball handling and passing.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Silva isn't that creative but at least he moves the ball quicker and his passing is good. I would seriously consider Silva/Mendy pivot because Ndidi piss me off sometimes with his woeful ball handling and passing.

I see what you're saying but I feel Ndidi is indispensable to the team in shielding our ropey-looking back 4 and nicking the ball from the opposition. He just needs to play it simple when he wins it.

36 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There was someone randomly doing it in the Koop last Saturday - made me piss myself on a couple of occasions 

Great news. The one that I’ll probably never hear is my idea for kaputska which was to Kate Bush’s babooshka 

‘bartosz! Kaputska , kaputska, kaputska yah yah’

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I see what you're saying but I feel Ndidi is indispensable to the team in shielding our ropey-looking back 4 and nicking the ball from the opposition. He just needs to play it simple when he wins it.

Mendy can do that, too. And it's about time we gave Ndidi a rest - as much as I like him, he should probably be benched for a short while for him to realize that he can't continue making basic mistakes in ball retention and passing, and that he can't have a guaranteed starting spot all the time.

Iborra and Silva for Tuesday's clash against Fleetwood and then potentially Mendy and Silva for the Liverpool home game.

3 hours ago, psychonaut said:

Its either Ndidi or Mendy - pointless sticking with two defensive midfielders. They’re happy to sit back and mop up which is fine but there’s zero creativity from the pair of them and thats a concern considering we’ve lost Mahrez and appear to be playing our RB on the wing. Puts far too much pressure on Maddison to create. 

Check out the ‘tactics’ thread…. They form the double pivot that allows others to attack

Mendy seems relatively comfortable and positive on the ball…. You don’t have to spray it out 60 yards to create something…. He regularly  finds players in front of him

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Mendy can do that, too. And it's about time we gave Ndidi a rest - as much as I like him, he should probably be benched for a short while for him to realize that he can't continue making basic mistakes in ball retention and passing, and that he can't have a guaranteed starting spot all the time.

Iborra and Silva for Tuesday's clash against Fleetwood and then potentially Mendy and Silva for the Liverpool home game.

Seriously ! I can see him rested against Fleetwood but you don't bench this guy, he is an integral part of the team and one of the major building blocks.

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Seriously ! I can see him rested against Fleetwood but you don't bench this guy, he is an integral part of the team and one of the major building blocks.

I think he meant “seated on the bench” in a literal sense and not losing his place in the side - or he actually meant sat down for poor play. Not sure which.

Edited by UPinCarolina

1 minute ago, UPinCarolina said:

I think he meant “seated on the bench” in a literal sense and not losing his place in the side - or he actually meant sat down for poor play. Not sure which.

His statement was benched !! Not too difficult to misunderstand that.

Mendy was class again today and I thought he was MOTM. today. He and NDiddi are getting an understanding going and are looking better together.

Puel needs to work on NDiddi's kicking and passing. It's worst than bad. You just know he'll miss when he shoots. He broke down several of our attacks today because of hitting a bad pass. He really needs to work on it.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Sometimes it's easy to forget how young Wilf is, but he is indispensable to the team, he shields the defence so well.  He needs to work on his passing but dropping him is not the answer.  Why knock his confidence?  He will improve, but even at his current level he is a huge asset to the team.   We will need him big time against Liverpool.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, murphy said:

Sometimes it's easy to forget how young Wilf is, but he is indispensable to the team, he shields the defence so well.  He needs to work on his passing but dropping him is not the answer.  Why knock his confidence?  He will improve, but even at his current level he is a huge asset to the team.   We will need him big time against Liverpool.

His confidence isn’t that fragile and his ego isn’t that big. He has played a lot of football since he signed and sometimes you need a break a spell in the sidelines to look at what you’re doing wrong and get yourself physically and mentally prepared.

He will be a huge player for us but he is young and he is making a lot of basic mistakes. I would support Puel if he decided to drop him we have 4 quality midfielders with a good mix of strengths and weaknesses. You won’t find the best combination if you don’t change things up.

12 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Mendy is officially our most tidy player.

If he hadnt got injured immediately when he came in it would have softened the blow of Kante leaving a bit

You do wonder if Mendy had not got injured and been able to play the Kante role Ranieri might not have spent so much of that season fvcking about with formations that didn’t work. In alternate universe Ranieri could still be our manager.  

3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

You do wonder if Mendy had not got injured and been able to play the Kante role Ranieri might not have spent so much of that season fvcking about with formations that didn’t work. In alternate universe Ranieri could still be our manager.  

Definitely. And we probably wouldnt have Ndidi

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Check out the ‘tactics’ thread…. They form the double pivot that allows others to attack

Mendy seems relatively comfortable and positive on the ball…. You don’t have to spray it out 60 yards to create something…. He regularly  finds players in front of him

It's a curious double pivot without a DM focused on distribution. We have two tacklers at DM, playing Silva would give us the traditional double pivot, what we have now is hampering the attack. Not that I have a better solution, mind you, our defense looks god-awful, I can understand Puel's urge to pair Mendy and Ndidi, they played great defensively, the goal allowed was a fluke deflection to the perfect spot when our defenders were leaning the wrong way.