Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Mendy

He’s certainly making a great number of posters here eat crow. 

Pleased to see him come good. I’m sure that he’s had a difficult time personally with being injured and struggling to become the type of player he was before the foot and ankle issues set in. 

Congratulations are in order for completing his comeback, much less doing so in such fine fashion.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 2

On 24/09/2018 at 01:09, Foxxed said:

Mendy is better than Ndidi currently.

I wouldn't mind making Ndidi fight for his place amongst the better DM passers on the bench. Ndidi is great but giving the ball away at DM will and does leave us vulnerable to counter attack.

Yes ,end of last season,and these 6 games,he's made the great intercepts,broke up play,but we have to be honest(or is it me!!!)

Ndidi ,getting the rebound and picking out consistent easy,short,or long passes,is becoming a rarity!!

unlike some I don't go out looking for weaknesses,or errors,but it's become too noticable,that we are breaking up 

Play,but not using the advantage,on a few occasions we should.I don't expect great,but a quiet consistency will do.

It's been re-feeding the opposition,too many times. If we can carry him on his spoiling play ,I am for him staying in the team,but won't be disappointed

If Puel rested him,for Silva or IBorra.

Do we really need to play Mendy alongside Ndidi?

From what I've seen of them they are very similar types of player - surely we are better having someone who can get on the ball a bit more now we are looking to play possession based football.

Silva doesn't really merit a starting spot given his performances, I would like to see Ndidi/Mendy  and Iborra.

Edited by Bigboss204

On 24/09/2018 at 00:09, Foxxed said:

Mendy is better than Ndidi currently.

I wouldn't mind making Ndidi fight for his place amongst the better DM passers on the bench. Ndidi is great but giving the ball away at DM will and does leave us vulnerable to counter attack.

4th best tackler in the league this season 

take him out the team and replace with who that will make 4-5 tackles constantly a game

sure he passing may not be the greatest but it can’t be argued he has been one of the most consistent tacklers in the league for a Cple of years.

out of them tackles I wonder how many goals he has stopped, considerably more than he has caused by miss placing passes no doubt

Edited by HankMarvin

Mendy is doing Brilliant at the moment and has felt like a brand new signing. Says a lot about him to come back from being injured and written off by our fans to making the place his own.

However he is NOT better than Wilf in the defensive midfield role, Wilf's stats are still higher and saying that his form has dropped so he can improve.

But I like Mendy so deserves all due credit.

Edited by Lesta Legend

38 minutes ago, Bigboss204 said:

Do we really need to play Mendy alongside Ndidi?

From what I've seen of them they are very similar types of player - surely we are better having someone who can get on the ball a bit more now we are looking to play possession based football.

Silva doesn't really merit a starting spot given his performances, I would like to see Ndidi/Mendy  and Iborra.

I think we would be better off dropping Ndidi at this point than Mendy, and bringing in Silva for his link-up play with Maddison. I see your point, however. Ndidi just seems to be the more logical drop as he's been on a poor run of form lately and may be tired.

32 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

take him out the team and replace with who that will make 4-5 tackles constantly a game

sure he passing may not be the greatest but it can’t be argued he has been one of the most consistent tacklers in the league for a Cple of years.

out of them tackles I wonder how many goals he has stopped, considerably more than he has caused by miss placing passes no doubt

Probably not going to find a better tackler but if Hamza becomes half as good but retains and passes the ball better I wouldn't mind rotating them.

Ndidi's guaranteed a starting place on the basis of this tackling alone - a bit of competition may force him to concentrate on his passing and ball retention.

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Yeah but being a team that now wants to dominate possession against the smaller sides, the counter to your argument is that, would Ndidi need to make as many tackles if we weren’t sloppy in the middle of the park and losing possession? 

Ndidi’s tackling stats are there for all to see but he needs to cut out the simple mistakes which lead to losing possession, otherwise he will find himself replaced in the long run.

2 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

However he is NOT better than Wilf in the defensive midfield role, Wilf's stats are still higher and saying that his form has dropped so he can improve.

Stats mean nothing when his movement and pitch covering is way ahead of wilf. In time this will benefit him in the long run.

On 23/09/2018 at 23:43, UPinCarolina said:

He’s certainly making a great number of posters here eat crow. 

Pleased to see him come good. I’m sure that he’s had a difficult time personally with being injured and struggling to become the type of player he was before the foot and ankle issues set in. 

Congratulations are in order for completing his comeback, much less doing so in such fine fashion.

What?  Is that an American expression?

I must admit, I wanted him sold, but as a... erm... crow eater, I am delighted by his good start to the season.  He seems to have jumped ahead of  Silva and Iborra  and made himself our second best midfielder.

4 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

I think we would be better off dropping Ndidi at this point than Mendy, and bringing in Silva for his link-up play with Maddison. I see your point, however. Ndidi just seems to be the more logical drop as he's been on a poor run of form lately and may be tired.

Gotta be honest. Judging the last few games, if we were gonna drop either Mendy or Wilf, I’d be dropping Wilf. Mendy looks more mobile and cleans up better. I could easily imagine Mendy alongside a deeper playmaker

• Like 1

We would benefit massively if either Ndidi or Mendy could break the lines with their passing and get the ball into Maddison quicker and in more dangerous areas before a defence can set itself. Ndidi is plumbing new depths with his distribution this season and whilst Mendy is neat and tidy, we would be a more dangerous proposition if one of them (probably Mendy) could be a bit more progressive on occasion.

Edited by martyn

17 minutes ago, murphy said:

What?  Is that an American expression?

I must admit, I wanted him sold, but as a... erm... crow eater, I am delighted by his good start to the season.  He seems to have jumped ahead of  Silva and Iborra  and made himself our second best midfielder.

I wasn't aware that it was a solely American expression, but it's an idiom defined by Merriam-Webster as meaning "to admit that one was wrong or accept that one has been defeated"

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I wasn't aware that it was a solely American expression, but it's an idiom defined by Merriam-Webster as meaning "to admit that one was wrong or accept that one has been defeated"

Well, there you go.  You learn something every day!

download.jpeg.c890f1c26962e0cc639484ac54c06ea5.jpeg