Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Mendy

He’s looked good and looks smooth when with the ball... sometimes gets caught in possession but with time he’ll find that extra step and become better. I’m excited from what I’ve seen from him. He’s been much tidier than Ndidi but Mendy needs Wilf because he’s so good as a ball winner!

Hope both can keep it going and build a formidable partnership.

I don't see what others are seeing!?! I see a player that gives the ball away alot, tackles usually go straight back to the other team, knocked off the ball too easily. He runs around alot though. 

Now waiting for someone to bring in stats saying he's the best in the world at what he does. 

I have nothing against the guy and really hope he comes good, I think thesin reason I look forward the weakness in his game is the amount of times I've heard/seen him compared to Kanye. 

Edited by browniefox

21 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I've heard/seen him compared to Kanye. 

Imma let you finish but his tackling and interceptions are alright (average of 2 tackles and 1.4 interceptions per game) - not as good as Kante 15/16 but comparable to Kantes stats at Chelsea (this season 2.2 and 1), and an inevitability of us playing with more possession than in 15/16 (less ball winning to do if you've got it more in general) and has the second highest pass completion rate of any player to play in the league this season (92.2% - second to Iborra who's 10 minutes had a 94.1% pass completion rate). His dispossession stats are alright - gets caught in possession 0.4 times per game (outfield the only better players are Iborra, Evans, Albrighton, Morgan and Shinji) and 1.2 unsuccessful touches per game (middling for the whole squad - 7 higher out of the 16 other outfield players to make an appearance)

Defensively he chips in, and retains the ball very well - as a pivot mostly aimed at getting the ball to the front 4, he's doing his job as well as you could ask

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Imma let you finish but his tackling and interceptions are alright (average of 2 tackles and 1.4 interceptions per game) - not as good as Kante 15/16 but comparable to Kantes stats at Chelsea (this season 2.2 and 1), and an inevitability of us playing with more possession than in 15/16 (less ball winning to do if you've got it more in general) and has the second highest pass completion rate of any player to play in the league this season (92.2% - second to Iborra who's 10 minutes had a 94.1% pass completion rate). Defensively he chips in, and retains the ball very well - as a pivot mostly aimed at getting the ball to the front 4, he's doing his job as well as you could ask

No, but yeah - but did you see him give the ball away that time?

:ph34r:

Edited by Beechey
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Ridiculous comparison. I know we expect him to be versatile, but expecting him to have a successful career as a hip-hop artist is just asking too much. 

Pick up on fvcking anything!

38 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Imma let you finish but his tackling and interceptions are alright (average of 2 tackles and 1.4 interceptions per game) - not as good as Kante 15/16 but comparable to Kantes stats at Chelsea (this season 2.2 and 1), and an inevitability of us playing with more possession than in 15/16 (less ball winning to do if you've got it more in general) and has the second highest pass completion rate of any player to play in the league this season (92.2% - second to Iborra who's 10 minutes had a 94.1% pass completion rate). His dispossession stats are alright - gets caught in possession 0.4 times per game (outfield the only better players are Iborra, Evans, Albrighton, Morgan and Shinji) and 1.2 unsuccessful touches per game (middling for the whole squad - 7 higher out of the 16 other outfield players to make an appearance)

Defensively he chips in, and retains the ball very well - as a pivot mostly aimed at getting the ball to the front 4, he's doing his job as well as you could ask

Told you someone would come in with stats! 

Mendy will always be compared to Kante for obvious reasons but it's a bit harsh on Mendy who has done very well for us over the last month.

A bit like how the title win skewed what it was to support our club, Kante even after 1 solitary season is probably the most complete player in the clubs history. He went from Mid-Ligue 1 obscurity to 2 premier league title wins, a runners up medal at Euro 2016 and a world cup winner being a highly effective player all the way through. Even his replacement at Chelsea will struggle to live up  to that never mind Leicester.

Early days but Mendy's performances have helped us get to 9th so far and if you take away the 1st game he missed we would be 6th in the table in the last 5 weeks form.As long as his displays keep us in the top half and pushing for Europe then he's doing his job right.