Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Morgan

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Probably more to do with "looking after" family.

I mean no offence when i touch on how vichai looked out for his family, rewarding players with contracts that go beyond football reasons. Matty james and ulloa for example.

Wes could not play a minute next season but still be paid more than he'd get anywhere else.

Too many contracts like that and you're in serious trouble should you get relegated.

35 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Maguire, Benkovic, Evans, Soyunucu and Morgan .. + The lads from the 23s. I actually think Evans is better the Morgan also. Too many CBs. 

Main problem for me is Morgan is the only one who's natural position is RCB, leaving the rest to compete for LCB which is Maguires. The times Morgan has been suspended and Evans ended up playing there he looked incredibly awkward compared to when he's played on the left with Morgan. Soyuncu did alright but in his youtube videos I've watched he is always on the left too.

37 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Maguire, Benkovic, Evans, Soyunucu and Morgan .. + The lads from the 23s. I actually think Evans is better the Morgan also. Too many CBs. 

Maguire will be sold, its inevitable.

The lads from the U23s haven't played a professional match as of yet so can't see them getting game time for us this season or next.

Leaving Benkovic, Evans, Soyuncu, Morgan and Amartey as cover which I think is probably enough injury permitting.

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

Main problem for me is Morgan is the only one who's natural position is RCB, leaving the rest to compete for LCB which is Maguires. The times Morgan has been suspended and Evans ended up playing there he looked incredibly awkward compared to when he's played on the left with Morgan. Soyuncu did alright but in his youtube videos I've watched he is always on the left too.

This argument makes me laugh. They are professional footballers and should be able to play anywhere. A defender us a defender and should be able to defend. A CB  is a CB and should be able to play there regardless of which side he's on. Saying a CB can't play right side CB or vice versa is rubbish. 

I think if we’re wanting to progress and play a better brand of football we need players all over the pitch who are more creative and comfortable on the ball, sadly players like Wes and Simpson who have been great defenders for us are surplus to requirements! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark said:

Benkovic is playing RCB for Celtic and Soyuncu plays there too

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

This argument makes me laugh. They are professional footballers and should be able to play anywhere. A defender us a defender and should be able to defend. A CB  is a CB and should be able to play there regardless of which side he's on. Saying a CB can't play right side CB or vice versa is rubbish. 

You say that and it makes sense to me, but Evans has appeared considerably more comfortable playing on the left side. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I just dont see how we're going to go from picking him at every available opportunity, regardless of his conduct or form to binning him off at the end of the season. He's staying at least another year.

again you're assuming he won't get a better offer and leave, I fully expect us to offer him another year, doesn't mean he'll take it

I think he could manage another season as long as he doesn't play every game. He was pretty good against Cardiff and also against Burnley and he will be required against Brighton. All these sides have physical strikers and he's a very good match against them.

is he any slower than either Maguire or Evans?

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Nobody will pay him more than what we pay him.

but they may offer him a longer contract and a place in the team, also I very much doubt he gets offered what he's on now so either way he'd be taking a basic wage pay cut

5 minutes ago, reynard said:

I think he could manage another season as long as he doesn't play every game. He was pretty good against Cardiff and also against Burnley and he will be required against Brighton. All these sides have physical strikers and he's a very good match against them.

is he any slower than either Maguire or Evans?

in a straight line maybe not but he is far less agile and reacts slower too

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

So Simpson stays for life as well. 

Way to much sentiment being shown here. Also easy to say they should get life time contracts when your not paying the wage. 

But hey let's keep all our over the hill players and strangle the life out of the club. 

I am not talking about just his playing qualities but his character as leader. No one mentioned simpson just Vardy Schmeichel and Wes are worth keeping and taking up coaching roles in the future.

coaches don’t earn the same as players so the money isn’t a problem.

29 minutes ago, tetly said:

I am not talking about just his playing qualities but his character as leader. No one mentioned simpson just Vardy Schmeichel and Wes are worth keeping and taking up coaching roles in the future.

coaches don’t earn the same as players so the money isn’t a problem.

No but if we kept every player over the years we would have more coaches than arriva. So how do you know these three would make good coaches. 

Is it the many hours you have watched them on the training ground. 

21 minutes ago, sylofox said:

No but if we kept every player over the years we would have more coaches than arriva. So how do you know these three would make good coaches. 

Is it the many hours you have watched them on the training ground. 

Who knows mate do you? Anyway it’s called a opinion  I have mine you have yours. No need to be sarcastic about training I am taking about their obvious leadership qualities.

3 minutes ago, tetly said:

Who knows mate do you? Anyway it’s called a opinion  I have mine you have yours. No need to be sarcastic about training I am taking about their obvious leadership qualities.

No I don't know. One of the reasons I bought up Simpson. He may make a better coach than the other three put together. 

Good players don't always make good coaches or managers.