Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Morgan

Hope he becomes a defensive training or related coach at the club, giving advice and striving to improve the up-and-coming young defenders coming through the ranks.

He seems like someone who is willing to reach out to support others and his experience in help bringing a PL trophy and Champions League experience for the club will be invaluable to pass on.

• 2 months later...

Any tackle with a bit of pace and power where the tackled player goes down seems to come under this new undefined offence of excessive force earns a free kick and yellow card.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

He plays well alongside Evans.

Even though he is one I think he benefits from an experienced defender next to him. Bit like how he was next to Huth. 

Think he should still be rotated when we play counter attacking teams and fast forwards though.

9 hours ago, davieG said:

Any tackle with a bit of pace and power where the tackled player goes down seems to come under this new undefined offence of excessive force earns a free kick and yellow card.

Unfortunately this is what happens when you slow up as Wes has done. 

Just now, mozartfox said:

Unfortunately this is what happens when you slow up as Wes has done. 

Not sure that was relevant in this case as he got to the ball first.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Not sure that was relevant in this case as he got to the ball first.

Agreed. It looked harsh yesterday.  But Puel knows he cannot be pitched up against the quality attacks at the top end of EPL.

4 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Not even a foul for me, let alone a yellow. I do however think we need to be phasing Wes out the team. It pains me to say it as I love Wes.

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Agreed. It looked harsh yesterday.  But Puel knows he cannot be pitched up against the quality attacks at the top end of EPL.

Well he will be but circumstances so far have prevented a quick change but it will happen.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, F1_AN said:

Piper and Stringer hoping he gets another year as he’s been so dominant in last two games...

seriously he should have been a bit part player last season 

It's fairly clear he'll get another deal. When was the last time we picked someone at every opportunity and then let them go? Hes got sent off twice in quick succession and cost us points and yet he's still straight back in, the club still rate him so he'll not be let go without a fight.

• Like 1

If Wes is given a contract that prevents Benkovic and Soyuncu from playing, then Puel really needs his head examined.  Keeping players for sentimental reasons is not going to move LCFC forward.  Hopefully these rumors about Wes are started by Wrs’s agent. 

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

If Wes is given a contract that prevents Benkovic and Soyuncu from playing, then Puel really needs his head examined.  Keeping players for sentimental reasons is not going to move LCFC forward.  Hopefully these rumors about Wes are started by Wrs’s agent. 

I'd recall Benk to see if he can replace Wes and if he can let Wes's contract expire.

• Like 1